Cattle Rancher = Section 8 housing tenant

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
Lets put this into perspective. We have the cattle rancher, and his armed militia that tried insurrection to prevent the government from enforcing it's court order.

WHAT if a Section 8 housing project, like the Grady Homes in Atlanta, were closed? Yep. Lets say a generation of a family had lived in the Grady Homes......and, as Atlanta has done, the government decided that the use of the government property was over. Time to leave folks. Just like the govt did in Nevada. They gave the rancher a sweet deal for a long, long time. But NOW, the rancher's time using government property is over.

NOW, back to Atlanta. What if that family said they weren't leaving their Section 8 home. And when the GA authorities showed up with a court ordered eviction, 1,000 locals from the South Atlanta region showed up with guns, and tried to stand up to the police there?

Would the right wing be as supportive to them?

Both are using government property voluntarily. Both are subject to losing their priviledge to use that government property at any time. BOTH would have refused to comply with a court order, and used armed locals to imply violence should the govt attempt to enforce the order.

Me thinks the right wing wouldn't be quite as honorable towards 1,000 South Atlanta locals with guns trying to stop a government's enforcement of a valid court order.

Nipples and Oranges. Logic failure.

Your're right. For it to be an apt comparison, the Section 8 housing people would first have to stop paying rent for 21 years before they were evicted. Like the rancher did.

Last edited:
Lets put this into perspective. We have the cattle rancher, and his armed militia that tried insurrection to prevent the government from enforcing it's court order.

WHAT if a Section 8 housing project, like the Grady Homes in Atlanta, were closed? Yep. Lets say a generation of a family had lived in the Grady Homes......and, as Atlanta has done, the government decided that the use of the government property was over. Time to leave folks. Just like the govt did in Nevada. They gave the rancher a sweet deal for a long, long time. But NOW, the rancher's time using government property is over.

NOW, back to Atlanta. What if that family said they weren't leaving their Section 8 home. And when the GA authorities showed up with a court ordered eviction, 1,000 locals from the South Atlanta region showed up with guns, and tried to stand up to the police there?

Both are using government property voluntarily. Both are subject to losing their priviledge to use that government property at any time. BOTH would have refused to comply with a court order, and used armed locals to imply violence should the govt attempt to enforce the order.

Me thinks the right wing wouldn't be quite as honorable towards 1,000 South Atlanta locals with guns trying to stop a government's enforcement of a valid court order.

You should stick to things you know, like Mao's Little Red Book.

HUD-Newark is light years ahead of you. They hate high rises and closed Carmel Towers, cancelling the Project based Section 8 contract and gave the tenants vouchers. They told the tenants the vouchers are good anywhere except Carmel Towers. End of the story: tenants moved and NJMHFA was stuck with an empty building with a $7MM Mortgage

Your're right. For it to be an apt comparison, the Section 8 housing people would first have to stop paying rent for a few years before they were evicted. Like the rancher did.

No, actually they would have had to have previous squatting rights to a state of Utah owned property.

Nipples and oranges.

Thanks.

Your're right. For it to be an apt comparison, the Section 8 housing people would first have to stop paying rent for 21 years before they were evicted. Like the rancher did.

Very true, thanks for correcting my mistake.

A Section 8 tenant- who like the rancher is just using govt property for their own benefit- would be given probably 30 days to get out once they stopped paying rent. They could give all the excuses in the world- but no rent, no use of the property.

And if they didn't, a court would order eviction. That the police would enforce.

Wonder if 1,000 armed South Atlanta residents standing up to that order would be glorified by the right wing?

Your're right. For it to be an apt comparison, the Section 8 housing people would first have to stop paying rent for a few years before they were evicted. Like the rancher did.

No, actually they would have had to have previous squatting rights to a state of Utah owned property.

Nipples and oranges.

Thanks.

Ok. Lets say its a Native American family they're evicting.

Now....would the RW support an armed resistance to that court order?

Nipples and oranges.

Thanks.

I was born in the USA to two American Citizens, I am a Native American.

To the larger issue you address, do not assume a so-called Right-Winger is de facto a supporter of abuse to the American Indian. We fucked them over a thousand ways, but I didn't do it. I would feel the same, if not more outraged if this was a tribal issue.

Nipples and oranges.

Thanks.

I was born in the USA to two American Citizens, I am a Native American.

To the larger issue you address, do not assume a so-called Right-Winger is de facto a supporter of abuse to the American Indian. We fucked them over a thousand ways, but I didn't do it. I would feel the same, if not more outraged if this was a tribal issue.

Also, fair enough. Then....Mr. Bundy also didn't start grazing that land in the 1800's. His ancestors did. SO just as we don't get blamed for what our ancestors did, we also don't get credit for it.

So Mr Bundy has basically taken advantage of a nearly free ride on government property to make a life as a cattle rancher. Just like many Americans use government property to live on, and also pay rent, albeit cheap rent.

And in both circumstances, BOTH parties understand that their use of that govt property is subject to end at any time the govt decides it is no longer allowing it's property to be used.

So, would the right wing support an armed militia of South Atlanta residents surrounding a Section 8 home and refusing to let cops enforce a court ordered eviction?

I guarantee they would not; They would call them thugs; They'd throw Obama's name into it and blame the left for an entitlement mentality; And they'd DEMAND that cops not stand down, and enforce the eviction on the Section 8 tenant. You all know that's true.

But, change the person who is making a life out of using government property from an Atlanta Section 8 tenant..........to a right wing cattle rancher in the desert, and now hes a patriot and they support armed insurrection.

Two what ifs, in one convoluted OP. Seriously, if you pass the limit of one, than you should probably just stop.

If 200 armed, federal agents showed up to intimidate the people in your post I would definitely have a problem.

Or can you imagine if black armed men showed up when bush was making an appearance like the tebaggers did with Obama waving their manhood extesnions around, you would have seen the swat team called and au news doing a story about it 24/7

Last edited by a moderator:
there is only one comparison that needs to made.

Millions get foreclosed and evicted, conservatives say: "Sucks to be you, should have paid what you owe".

Some cows are getting evicted from public lands "It's time to stand up for.....rich cowboy moochers!!".

Why do you people care about this dumbfuckery so much more than the evicted, the homeless and the unemployed?

Tell me can anyone off the street walk into these peoples apartments and their backyards, setting camp fires, pee in their toilets, bring their cat, dogs and horses on their property? Can anyone use their parking spaces and run ATVS all over their yards? Can they set fires and camp for as long as they like in their backyards? Can they hunt bunny's and birds in their yards? Can they pan for gold and fish in their yards?

No? Why not? Your comparison is silly. Because anyone ( at 6 million per year) can walk onto the public property where Bundy is and do all of the above and more without paying a dime and assuring the desert turtle is okay.

Just watching the hate ooze from the left over this rancher and taking this Governments (Obama's administration) side is sickening

but then they whine how come we can't all get along

hateful people

Me thinks your logic train skipped a switch. Every incidence in which the public bucks up against the city, county, state or federal government has to be evaluated on its own merits. There is no general rule to follow.

If the tenant of the public housing had no where else to go, and the state had made no provision to cover that, then I would most likely stand with the tenant.

In the Western United States, where grass and water are minimal, cattle and/or sheep ranching requires the use of public lands, and that has been the norm for over a hundred years. When the federal government restricts the number of cattle allowed to use the public lands to a level below the break even point, they put the ranchers out of business, and take away their livlihood.

Apparently, this rancher is the last cowboy standing, and he decided to fight the federal government on this issue. Those cattle have been co-existing with the turtles for these past hundred years, and it was obviously not the turtles that the BLM wanted to protect.

People saw this as an unfair federal overreach, and reacted accordingly. You don't like it? That is toughski shitski.

Just watching the hate ooze from the left over this rancher and taking this Governments (Obama's administration) side is sickening

hateful people

LOL Love the picture of the Obama sign in front of your trailer house!!! Cinder blocks and everything!! :lol:

hateful people

Personally I couldn't care less about the rancher, rather, I am fascinated by the reaction here. Out of all of the outrages and hardships faced by Americans, out of all the mass tragedy and theft, why is this crap worth starting a shooting war with the Feds? The "The last straw" argument is bullshit and it's lazy. My theory is that it's tribal thing, the big time rancher being a conservative movie archetype who must protect the ranch no matter how many extras get slaughtered. This ain't no Saturday morning matinee.

Forum List

Back