CBO: Republican House IRS bill will increase the deficit by $114 billion

/——-/ You have no idea what you’re talking about.

Why am I being selected for an audit?​

Selection for an audit does not always suggest there's a problem. The IRS uses several different methods:

• Random selection and computer screening - sometimes returns are selected based solely on a statistical formula. We compare your tax return against "norms" for similar returns. We develop these "norms" from audits of a statistically valid random sample of returns, as part of the National Research Program the IRS conducts. The IRS uses this program to update return selection information.
  • Related examinations – we may select your returns when they involve issues or transactions with other taxpayers, such as business partners or investors, whose returns were selected for audit.
Next, an experienced auditor reviews the return. They may accept it; or if the auditor notes something questionable, they will identify the items noted and forward the return for assignment to an examination group.
Audit proof insofar as it won’t be a problem if you’re audited. Not that you won’t.

Irrelevant....because this, and no doubt many other bills, is DOA on the Senate floor.
The House is a paper tiger..it's actions irrelevant. Impeachment, roll back Biden regs..whatever.....all DOA~
Not fully correct. For example, the House of Representatives can impeach the President ... and it's a political black mark regardless of the Senate outcome. Additionally, you're assuming Senate Democrats will vote in unity (or elect not to be present).. which clearly hasn't been the case over the last 2 years with Arizona and West Virginia.

Cutting massive govt spending
Is going to COST us / add to the deficit?!

What idiots.

No, massive criminally fiscal liberal / Drmocrat / government mismanagement, fraud, waste, and pork spending (Omnibus Bill) will add significantly to the nation's debt.

I would guess that, of people whom claim charitable contributions, more people overtstate the true amount than understate them. That's cheating isn't it?
Dunno man. Hard to overstate your donations when the amount appears on the check.

Here’s a crazy idea. Don’t cheat on your taxes.

We can’t increase funding for the IRS because the IRS will go after normal people because normal people cheat on their taxes is a crazy way to go.

Dunno man. Hard to overstate your donations when the amount appears on the check.

Here’s a crazy idea. Don’t cheat on your taxes.
Problem with that statement......."Here’s a crazy idea. Don’t cheat on your taxes"....

You dont have to cheat to get an audit. And whereas many audits, most being audited dont even know about as they are in office, just as many are field audits where you need to hire an accountant to be part of the audit.

So whereas you are not guilty of cheating, you must spend money to prove it.

Now, I know, I know....if you are not guilty why do you need to hire an account?

Simple answer....if you are accused of committing a crime you never committed, why do you need to hire an attorney?

Problem with that statement......."Here’s a crazy idea. Don’t cheat on your taxes"....

You dont have to cheat to get an audit. And whereas many audits, most being audited dont even know about as they are in office, just as many are field audits where you need to hire an accountant to be part of the audit.

So whereas you are not guilty of cheating, you must spend money to prove it.

Now, I know, I know....if you are not guilty why do you need to hire an account?

Simple answer....if you are accused of committing a crime you never committed, why do you need to hire an attorney?
Most Americans have very simple taxes. There’s nothing really to audit and no need to hire anyone even if they’re audited which is already highly unlikely.

Forum List

Back