CBS News: Was The Steve Scalise Shooting ‘To Some Degree Self-Inflicted’?

I read Pelley's piece and I don't see him criticizing Scalise anywhere. Infowars, Bernie Sanders, goshdanged all of us on Twitter, Trump .... it was a warning against exactly what you and most of the folks on this board are continuing to do.

So the news talker thinks we should think before we talk because some crazy person might hear us. The guy who shot up the baseball diamond where republicans were practicing is to blame for his action. Bernie Sanders is not to blame. Donald Trump is not to blame. The guy's mother is not to blame. Society is not to blame. The US Constitution is not to blame. Twitter is not to blame. And certainly, the people who were shot are not to blame.

So the news talker thinks we should think before we talk because some crazy person might hear us. The guy who shot up the baseball diamond where republicans were practicing is to blame for his action. Bernie Sanders is not to blame. Donald Trump is not to blame. The guy's mother is not to blame. Society is not to blame. The US Constitution is not to blame. Twitter is not to blame. And certainly, the people who were shot are not to blame.
You're right.
So the news talker thinks we should think before we talk because some crazy person might hear us.
Is that really so outrageous an idea? (Extreme/violent speech, I mean)

CBS’ Scott Pelley More Disgusting Than Ever

He’s one of the reasons I never, ever watch network news programs. Can you believe this?

D.C. Attack on Congressmen Was 'to Some Degree Self-Inflicted'

What?

Pelley's failures to go beyond virtually irrelevant examples and to note the factors just cited — along with his bogus citation of "mental illness" to describe violent people who know exactly what they're doing, a subtopic which would require a separate post to properly disassemble — demonstrates that his meaning of "to some degree, self-inflicted" is really, "To some degree, Steve Scalise got what he deserved." (My bold)

Full disgusting story with examples @ Scott Pelley: D.C. Attack on Congressmen Was 'to Some Degree Self-Inflicted'

Really? PBS Panelist Blames Scalise Shooting on...Newt Gingrich's 90s Rhetoric @ Really? PBS Panelist Blames Scalise Shooting on...Newt Gingrich's 90s Rhetoric

Chairwoman of the Nebraska Democratic Party’s Black Caucus Thinks Scalise Shooting is Funny @ Nebraska Dem Asked to Resign For Mocking GOP After Scalise Shooting. Her Response Is "Troubling"

So Much for Unity: Dem Congressional Staffers Jeer Trump’s Message at ‘Unity’ Baseball Game @ Congressional staffers boo Trump at unity baseball game

[They simply couldn’t wait to continue the hate]

Forum List

Back