Cbs Sports Rejects Ad Of Four Year Old Girl Reciting Pledge Of Allegiance Too Political

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
So controversial, and so political. How dare they even try to get their ad on tv !

This is what liberalism has brought us folks. They're the only ones who would complain about something like this.

Is a 4-year-old girl reciting the Pledge of Allegiance a political statement?

According to a national cable sports network, the answer is yes.

CBS Sports Network rejected a 30-second advertisement from Windermere Real Estate/Tri-Cities that shows company owner Dave Retter's granddaughter delivering the pledge with her hand over her heart.

No mention or sign of a political party in sight.

The commercial was scheduled to run during the network's upcoming broadcast of the Wrangler Champions Challenge rodeo, which was recorded the day before the Horse Heaven Round-Up at the fair last month.

The event is part of a commitment to increase the popularity of rodeo. The made-for-TV series began in 2013, featuring 10 top competitors nationwide in each of the seven events and the sport's best livestock.

"We just thought it's around Sept. 11, Patriot Day, and rodeo is as patriotic a sport as it comes," Retter told the Herald. "We've had so many positive responses, we felt it would be fun to run something positive."

Jordan Bradley, a contact between local officials and the network, emailed fair director Lori Lancaster on Thursday, saying CBS Sports rejected the ad because of its "political nature."

This was the first time Dave Praino, co-owner of PS Media, has had an issue like this with one of his client's ads.

"It's amazing," he said. "I'm still trying to scratch my head to figure out what's political about the Pledge of Allegiance."

Praino tried to get answers from CBS Sports, but has not heard back. "We can't even get a return phone call," he said.

CBS Sports representatives also did not return messages left by the Herald Thursday afternoon.

Retter wanted to run the commercial, called "Our Future," during the rodeo instead of promoting his company. It is one of two local businesses to sponsor the broadcast, along with the fair.

"Who cares about buying a home in Kennewick on national TV?" he explained.

The commercial, which has been aired during patriotic holidays for about a year-and-a-half, would be a great way to let the national audience get a look at the Tri-Cities, Praino said.

To see the ad go to PS Media's Facebook page.

Read more here: CBS Sports Network rejects Windermere Tri-Cities ad Local News Tri-CityHerald.com

Well..who owns CBS?
Whatever the answer is it will be there.
Let's see..Sumner Redstone is the majority stockholder so nothing goes on CBS that he disapproves of....and every image you see on there was approved by him (by proxy no doubt..I'm sure he doesn't preview all footage)
Let's look at Mr. Redstone. Why would his company...an american icon since the '20's reject showing an innocent little american girl demonstrating loyalty to this nation by reciting the "Pledge of Allegiance".
Why would he object to that?

The answer is somewhere below...

Sumner Redstone
BornSumner Murray Rothsteinthe
May 27, 1923 (age 91)
Boston, Massachusetts
NationalityUSA
EthnicityGerman Jewish
OccupationChairman of National Amusements
Net worth
11px-Increase2.svg.png
US$6.2 billion (2014)[1]
ReligionJewish
Spouse(s)Phyllis Gloria Raphael (1944–1999; divorced)
Paula Fortunato (2002–2009; divorced)
ChildrenShari Redstone
Brent Redstone
ParentsBelle Ostrovsky
Michael Rothstein
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

This is the kind of funky shit that suddenly appeared in our culture around... 2008.

Why wouldn't you air something so Americana ? Why would you be afraid to ?

The answer is they are afraid of getting complaints. Who would it be that would bother to call or write or would even consider boycotting products advertised on the network because of an ad of a little girl with her hand crossing her heart reciting the Pledge ?

Well I can guarantee you there isn't one conservative out there that would do anything other than applaud it.

I wonder if Mr. Rothsteinth (Why does he pretend his name is "redstone", isn't he proud of his heritage?) would object to a little girl singing “Hatikvah” on his television network?

Why wouldn't you air something so Americana ? Why would you be afraid to ?

The answer is they are afraid of getting complaints. Who would it be that would bother to call or write or would even consider boycotting products advertised on the network because of an ad of a little girl with her hand crossing her heart reciting the Pledge ?

Well I can guarantee you there isn't one conservative out there that would do anything other than applaud it.

Liberals believe that they have transcended to a higher state of being. I'm not kidding. Patriotism is déclassé, it's beneath them.

SNIP:
Woodruff HS Students Made To Remove American Flags From Vehicles
Posted: Sep 12, 2014 10:45 AM ;Friday, September 12, 2014 4:17 PM
By WSPA Staff - email

Woodruff, S.C. -
7 On Your Side was contacted by several upset parents who say Woodruff High School students were made to take down American flags from their vehicles on September 11.

Spartanburg District 4 Superintendent Rallie Liston said four students arrived at the school Thursday morning with U.S. flags propped up on poles in their pickup truck beds.

The school's principal, Aaron Fulmer, confiscated the flags because he said it is against district policy to “draw attention” to one's vehicle.

The flags were returned to the students at the end of the day.

The students were not punished.
Fulmer tells us officials are meeting with student council next week to look into a possible policy revision.

ALL of it with a lot of comments
Woodruff HS Students Made To Remove American Flags From Vehicles
Posted: Sep 12, 2014 10:45 AM CDT <em class="wnDate">Friday, September 12, 2014 11:45 AM EDT</em>Updated: Sep 12, 2014 3:17 PM CDT <em class="wnDate">Friday, September 12, 2014 4:17 PM EDT</em>
By WSPA Staff - email

Woodruff, S.C. -
7 On Your Side was contacted by several upset parents who say Woodruff High School students were made to take down American flags from their vehicles on September 11.

Spartanburg District 4 Superintendent Rallie Liston said four students arrived at the school Thursday morning with U.S. flags propped up on poles in their pickup truck beds.

The school's principal, Aaron Fulmer, confiscated the flags because he said it is against district policy to “draw attention” to one's vehicle.

The flags were returned to the students at the end of the day.

The students were not punished.
Fulmer tells us officials are meeting with student council next week to look into a possible policy revision.

To me if a person does not like what is being shown on a station, they should just look for something else to watch. :) :) :)

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

After the blind outrage republicans showed over the coca cola superbowl commercial featuring different nationalities of people showing their love for America I'm not surprised this was pulled.

After the blind outrage republicans showed over the coca cola superbowl commercial featuring different nationalities of people showing their love for America I'm not surprised this was pulled.

So you agree with the CBS decision?

Yup. Who knows what kind of assault CBS would come under from conservatives if they'd shown that?

So you won't answer the question.

I'll take that as a :"yes, I support the CBS decision to not run the ad of the little girl reciting the pledge of allegiance".

No surprise.

America, 2014.

Yup. Who knows what kind of assault CBS would come under from conservatives if they'd shown that?

I'll take that as a :"yes, I support the CBS decision to not run the ad of the little girl reciting the pledge of allegiance".

No surprise.

America, 2014.

Free market. :dunno:

CBS is obviously afraid of insulting the sensitivities of conservatives.

No surprise.

America, 2014.

Free market. :dunno:

CBS is obviously afraid of insulting the sensitivities of conservatives.

Your evasiveness is obvious.

And this has nothing to do with the "free market". I know lefties aren't into that concept, so you got that wrong.

This is about PC and how the American Left wants to "change", "fundamentally transform" and "re-make" America.

Into something perhaps they will like a little, for a change.

Forum List

Back