CDC: 78.9% Covid Cases are Vaccinated

The scariest thing about this thread is not that the OP is a moron and cannot read, but how all of the fellow wingnuts are also either too stupid to read the page correctly or just took the word of the OP and did not even open the link.

There are no data that show the vaccinated are MORE vulnerable to catching Covid.

you have been lied to
Wrong-o. I haven't been lied to: I calculated this myself. Studies consistently show that the number of vaccinated people are catching Covid at a higher rate than the background rate of population vaccination. Watch and see: you may see the same as I have.

In one case it is indeed an artifact of the study conditions: the original (summer) Delta research showed 100% of vaccinated people caught it: but that was because the subjects were all international air travelers who had to be vaccinated and document it before they could fly. So it wasn't good that they were catching it anyway, obviously, but it's irrelevant that it was 100% --- that was an artifact of the pool of subjects.

But the study from Nantucket that showed the people who caught Covid at that music festival was well higher than the background population vaccination rate ------- that alerted me to the problem. I posted it here.

Since then I've seen it again and again. I'm hoping it IS somehow an artifact, but if they are taking subjects right from emergency rooms, that's not as likely. I assume you see the implications if the percentage of vaccinated people catching Covid is LARGER than the percentage of the population vaccinated?

Sometimes we can't win for losing -------- :(

Wrong-o. I haven't been lied to: I calculated this myself. Studies consistently show that the number of vaccinated people are catching Covid at a higher rate than the background rate of population vaccination. Watch and see: you may see the same as I have.

In one case it is indeed an artifact of the study conditions: the original (summer) Delta research showed 100% of vaccinated people caught it: but that was because the subjects were all international air travelers who had to be vaccinated and document it before they could fly. So it wasn't good that they were catching it anyway, obviously, but it's irrelevant that it was 100% --- that was an artifact of the pool of subjects.

But the study from Nantucket that showed the people who caught Covid at that music festival was well higher than the background population vaccination rate ------- that alerted me to the problem. I posted it here.

Since then I've seen it again and again. I'm hoping it IS somehow an artifact, but if they are taking subjects right from emergency rooms, that's not as likely. I assume you see the implications if the percentage of vaccinated people catching Covid is LARGER than the percentage of the population vaccinated?

Sometimes we can't win for losing -------- :(

Links would be helpful

Links would be helpful
Oh, arrrrrrrgghhhhh ---- how many times do I have to post all this and the links? They are pretty common: next time I see such a study I'll link it.

It's hard to believe I'm the only one to notice this, but most people are not good with numbers.

Oh, arrrrrrrgghhhhh ---- how many times do I have to post all this and the links? They are pretty common: next time I see such a study I'll link it.

It's hard to believe I'm the only one to notice this, but most people are not good with numbers.
That's another troll you don't want to feed. It will never matter how much actual evidence you have.

Links are helpful, they let the rest of us know what you are talking about.

You are correct, most people are not good with numbers, but as one that makes his living as a data analyst, I am not most people.

The scariest thing about this thread is not that the OP is a moron and cannot read, but how all of the fellow wingnuts are also either too stupid to read the page correctly or just took the word of the OP and did not even open the link.
I did ----- because as I said before, it's something I've been interested in. The bottom line is that his figure, 78.9? is for people with at least one vaccination shot, and they did apparently catch Covid anyway and the CDC says so, but I don't really know what that means. One shot is not "full vaccination" in terms of these lousy new-type shots they give: I don't like to call them vaccines, since they don't seem to be much good. Still, the incidence of disease is WAYYYY higher than the population vaccination rate. I don't like it. GG: you are a smart guy, I can tell. Keep an eye out. I could use a little help here. Something is going on here about these weird numbers, that seem to show people get Covid MORE if they've been vaccinated.

That would be bad.

The bottom line is that his figure, 78.9? is for people with at least one vaccination shot, and they did apparently catch Covid anyway and the CDC says so, but I don't really know what that means.

This number is not the number of people that caught COVID with the vaccine, it is just the percent of the US population with at least one shot.

That is all, it is in no way tied to cases, they are two separate figures.

It has been worrying me for months that the stats consistently seem to show that the people who have been vaccinated are MORE vulnerable to catching Covid. This started in the summer, with the Delta incursion.

If this is really what is going on, people are eventually going to notice and be annoyed.

I'm already annoyed.
Don’t agree about the delta but with the omnicron its obvious that vaccines certainly don’t prevent and may actually enhance transmission.

What does that prove exactly? Who are you owning by pointing to this?
The bottom line is that vaccines preserve life.
Pull that data and calculate it yourself.

Data is science.
All you have is Brandon and his lies.

The 78.9% is the percent of the population with at least one dose of the vaccine, not how many COVID cases had one dose of the vaccine.

You need to find a 5th grader to explain this stuff to you, it is over your head

Forum List

Back