Census and Race

EvMetro

Platinum Member
Mar 10, 2017
Ten points to all who can identify and list all 5 races that are recognized by the US Census. 15 points go to the first lefty who can list all 5 races without evading or trying to derail the thread.

Any takers?

Ten points to all who can identify and list all 5 races that are recognized by the US Census. 15 points go to the first lefty who can list all 5 races without evading or trying to derail the thread.

Any takers?
Hmmm.................I'll guess white/caucasian, black/african american, mexican/latino, asian and middle eastern.

Caucasion/non hispanic
Hispanic
Asian
Black/African Americans
Native American

Caucasion/non hispanic
Hispanic
Asian
Black/African Americans
Native American

If that Caucasian is all one with the Hispanic and non hispanic...
10 points if you are a righty, 15 if you are a lefty.

I'm glad we aren't seeing mexican, female, or muslim being listed...

White
Asian
Black
Native American
Pacific Islander

Ethnicity: Hispanic yes or no of any race
Hispanic IS a race.

Maybe in 2020 now it changed but in 2015 it was not, it was a ethnicity and you could be race white or black and ethnicity hispanic or non-hispanic. I read the us census and and Im on american government sites. I informed myself because of visa and greencard. I also get emails from the usa government official page.

Lefties hate the list of five races recognized by the census, since it doesn't include religions, nationalities, or political opponents.

So what if you're a jamacan american?

You are black but not african.

Do they call blacks in africa an "african african"?

Hispanic IS a race.

From the Census web site:

Hispanic origin can be viewed as the heritage, nationality, lineage, or country of birth of the person or the person’s parents or ancestors before arriving in the United States. People who identify as Hispanic, Latino, or Spanish may be any race.

Hispanic Origin

Forum List

Back