chances are HIGH Soleimani was taken out for good reasons

....obviously our intel knew whatever Soleimani was up to for the fact we had great intel to take him out
...if we had such good intel to take him out, we should've had intel on what he was up to

Show the intel that justified taking him out and case closed.
..if you publish the intel, then you lose your soruces !!! DUH
that would be STUPID !!!! big DUH for you brutha
..they would KILL those people that helped us!!!
you are not that bright, are you?

No, you don't have to be totally specific, it has been done in the past.

It's called strategy. I'm sure you're familiar with "battles and wars". Sometimes it's smart to lose the battle if it will allow you to win the war.

Just something to think about and discuss.
....do you have examples of purposely losing a battle helping to win a war?

....obviously our intel knew whatever Soleimani was up to for the fact we had great intel to take him out
...if we had such good intel to take him out, we should've had intel on what he was up to

what?? you havent seen it yet???

No post it for us.
sorry but I aint an intel officer,,,

guess this is another thing in life you will just have to live with or get over,,,

one good thing is this terrorist isnt killing innocent people anymore,,,

So now you have to be an intel officer, funny how Trump said the intel community was idiots up until he needed them to justify this killing.

No post it for us.

guess this is another thing in life you will just have to live with or get over,,,

So now you have to be an intel officer, funny how Trump said the intel community was idiots up until he needed them to justify this killing.

who said you had to be???

I just said I wasnt,,,

not sure why youre bitching,,a known terrorist hell bent on killing americans is dead,,so you and your children are a little bit safer today

It's called strategy. I'm sure you're familiar with "battles and wars". Sometimes it's smart to lose the battle if it will allow you to win the war.

Why yes, yes I do. (grin)

1st example:
General Washington against the British. Washington, started with 20,000 men defending New York City, was beaten at Long Island, Brooklyn, White Plains, Fort Lincoln, Fort Lee, and then was chased by the British all the way down New Jersey to the Delaware River border. He crossed that river putting it between his much shrunken army and the British. The British, thinking victory assured, divided their forces and settled into territory-holding winter camps.

It was then that Washington crossed back over the Delaware River through the winter snow & ice with 1,500 men and a few cannon and destroyed the Hessian garrison at Trenton. The roused lion reassembled its scattered units and moved against him. Washington re-crossed the Delaware, played a little hide & seek with Cornwallis and trounced him again at Princeton. Both sides then retreated to winter quarters until the following spring.
That flow of events assured the Americans would take the field the following year.

The eventual outcome was the Americans winning their revolutionary war.

2nd example:
The initial Japanese successes at Pearl Harbor and Bataan guaranteed the eventual destruction of all Japanese forces and the razing of Japan’s cities.
It did not help that the attack plan at Pearl Harbor completely ignored the huge oil supply stockpiled there. That fuel supply enabled the USN fleet carriers to be at Midway six months after Pearl Harbor. If Adm Yamamoto had targeted those oil tanks and not the fleet, the raid would have resulted in minimal US casualties and not have outraged the American people as much as it did. Without oil, the US fleet would have been helpless; US forces in the Philippines would have been ripe pickings. The brutal Japanese treatment of POWs from Bataan showed how little the Japanese understood the American psyche. News of their “barbaric” handling further stiffened and made terrible American resolve.

So America lost those battles but won that war

3rd example:
The Alamo. Remember the Alamo became the mantra of the Texicans (americans and mexicans united to create a “free Texas”) as they fought the army of Santa Anna.

No post it for us.

I just said I wasnt,,,

not sure why youre bitching,,a known terrorist hell bent on killing americans is dead,,so you and your children are a little bit safer today

Again if the killing was justified I am all for it, so why not just show the American people your justification. How does this make my children safer?

No post it for us.

I just said I wasnt,,,

Again if the killing was justified I am all for it, so why not just show the American people your justification. How does this make my children safer?

so far youve called him a liar,,,so how is a piece of paper going to change that???

nothing is going to satisfy you,,,

So military officer in Washington is planning attacks on Iran right now, right? Pretty safe bet.

Would you call foul if they were to assassinate her/him?

If so, why?
If you think like that. Did you say the same when Obama got bin laden?

No.

The guy we killed was a uniformed officer in another nation’s Army.

OBL was a crook/terrorist on the FBI’s most wanted as I recall.

I’m happy Suliemanni is gone. But his assassination does open that door. The door being that if you categorize ( using your own nation’s criteria) as a threat, you have the green light to take that person out.

So military officer in Washington is planning attacks on Iran right now, right? Pretty safe bet.

If so, why?

No.

I’m happy Suliemanni is gone. But his assassination does open that door. The door being that if you categorize ( using your own nation’s criteria) as a threat, you have the green light to take that person out.

you left a lot out of that popcorn,,,

he was also responsible for the deaths of hundreds of americans and at the time of his death was sneaking into/out of a country under our control where he just attacked our embassy
so he was fair game

No post it for us.

I just said I wasnt,,,

so far youve called him a liar,,,so how is a piece of paper going to change that???

What do you call someone that constantly lies and the justification for killing this POS changes everyday.

I just said I wasnt,,,

What do you call someone that constantly lies and the justification for killing this POS changes everyday.

so how is it goin to change your mind by being written on a piece of paper???

we all know you wont believe anything so could you please shut the fuck up cause all youre doing is defending one of russias allies,,,

How about we killed him for what he had done in the name of Iran?

Simple for me...

If so, why?

No.

you left a lot out of that popcorn,,,

he was also responsible for the deaths of hundreds of americans and at the time of his death was sneaking into/out of a country under our control where he just attacked our embassy
so he was fair game

Like I said, I’m happy he’s gone.

I just said I wasnt,,,

we all know you wont believe anything so could you please shut the fuck up cause all youre doing is defending one of russias allies,,,

Hmmmm, is that what I am doing. Funny how you ass clowns have been bashing the intel community for the last 3yrs, now all of a sudden they are on point. Please explain that.

You Trump Humpers have defended Putin since Trump started calling him "buddy", now since folks are asking for justification for this killing we are defending Russian allies. Talk about a fucking hypocrite.

I just said I wasnt,,,

Hmmmm, is that what I am doing. Funny how you ass clowns have been bashing the intel community for the last 3yrs, now all of a sudden they are on point. Please explain that.

You Trump Humpers have defended Putin since Trump started calling him "buddy", now since folks are asking for justification for this killing we are defending Russian allies. Talk about a fucking hypocrite.

when did I bash the intel community??? got a link??

and when did I defend Putin once??? got a link???

what you are is a fucking liar

1st example:
General Washington against the British. Washington, started with 20,000 men defending New York City, was beaten at Long Island, Brooklyn, White Plains, Fort Lincoln, Fort Lee, and then was chased by the British all the way down New Jersey to the Delaware River border. He crossed that river putting it between his much shrunken army and the British. The British, thinking victory assured, divided their forces and settled into territory-holding winter camps.

It was then that Washington crossed back over the Delaware River through the winter snow & ice with 1,500 men and a few cannon and destroyed the Hessian garrison at Trenton. The roused lion reassembled its scattered units and moved against him. Washington re-crossed the Delaware, played a little hide & seek with Cornwallis and trounced him again at Princeton. Both sides then retreated to winter quarters until the following spring.
That flow of events assured the Americans would take the field the following year.

2nd example:
The initial Japanese successes at Pearl Harbor and Bataan guaranteed the eventual destruction of all Japanese forces and the razing of Japan’s cities.
It did not help that the attack plan at Pearl Harbor completely ignored the huge oil supply stockpiled there. That fuel supply enabled the USN fleet carriers to be at Midway six months after Pearl Harbor. If Adm Yamamoto had targeted those oil tanks and not the fleet, the raid would have resulted in minimal US casualties and not have outraged the American people as much as it did. Without oil, the US fleet would have been helpless; US forces in the Philippines would have been ripe pickings. The brutal Japanese treatment of POWs from Bataan showed how little the Japanese understood the American psyche. News of their “barbaric” handling further stiffened and made terrible American resolve.

3rd example:
The Alamo. Remember the Alamo became the mantra of the Texicans (americans and mexicans united to create a “free Texas”) as they fought the army of Santa Anna.
grin and hahahahhahaha
1, so, if Washington had won the intitial battle, he would've lost the Trenton battle???!!!??
hahahahhahhah.....

2. if he won the intital battle, the Brits would not have been able to separate their forces-they would've been DEFEATED--in the first battle..there would not have been a Trenton battle to win!!!
your hypothesis makes no sense!!!!

3. he did not PURPOSELY lose the battle, as you infer militaries should lose battles to win a war!!!!!!???
4. this is no where close to being an anology of taking out a terrorist/war against terror
5. this is 2020--you are talking 1700s
etc

I said you damn Trump Humpers, maybe not you specifically but Trump damn sure did and so did his allies.

I said you damn Trump Humpers, maybe not you specifically but Trump damn sure did and so did his allies.

thats just your TDS talking,,,

and when did I claim to be a trump humper???

1st example:

2nd example:

3rd example:
stop right there----!! idiocy----such much idiocy I don't know where to start
..so, we lost the ''battle'' of Pearl Harbor---but losing does not include the oil supplies not being destroyed???!!! hahahhahahahahah--so you just said, if we lost the oil supplies, the US would not have been victorious at Midway---so we would have ''lost the battle at Pear''l and lost the battle at Midway!!!??? WTF?

....you have a very shallow knowledge of war----the US had:
reddot.gif
Nearly twice the population of Japan.
reddot.gif
Seventeen time's Japan's national income.
reddot.gif
Five times more steel production.
reddot.gif
Seven times more coal production.
reddot.gif
Eighty (80) times the automobile production.
more than double the war making potential of Germany and Japan combined
Grim Economic Realities
the US was not going to lose a Total war

1st example:

2nd example:

3rd example:
grin and hahahahhahaha
1, so, if Washington had won the intitial battle, he would've lost the Trenton battle???!!!??
hahahahhahhah.....

2. if he won the intital battle, the Brits would not have been able to separate their forces-they would've been DEFEATED--in the first battle..there would not have been a Trenton battle to win!!!
your hypothesis makes no sense!!!!

3. he did not PURPOSELY lose the battle, as you infer militaries should lose battles to win a war!!!!!!???
4. this is no where close to being an anology of taking out a terrorist/war against terror
5. this is 2020--you are talking 1700s
etc
I understand your point about the examples being old but I couldn’t find a recent example because we’ve been in ongoing wars forever. (smirk)

Forum List

Back