Cheers!

"...Nice....I can hardly wait for it to be warm enough here that we can go into our pool....we keep it running all winter and it looks inviting, but the water is colder than hell....oops, that didn't make sense, did it? Colder than a southbound Polar bear's ass....hows that."
We have an 18 x 33 x 4 oval above-ground; inside-the-pool stairs+railings go right up to the back-deck; open May thru Sep up here around Chicago.

Come late September (early October at latest, before the leaves fall, and make Diet Coke out of the pool water), we go through a two-day Winterizing Ritual, then put the cover on and close her up 'til the next May. That's always a sad time here.

At least you can still look at yours and pretend.
teeth_smile.gif

We checked into a pool cover....and it was going to cost over $4k....we decided it looked nicer without the cover. The only problem we have is in Spring...first the leaves from the oaks (they fall in bucketfuls) then their pollen (we call them worms) they come right after...the filter baskets get dumped twice a day and they're full.....about 3 weeks of misery, then it is sparkling and inviting after that.....:)

I had an outdoor heated Jacuzzi that I was able to use year round. It had a wooden deck lid that was easy to remove and a foam cover that floated on the surface. I don't recall either of them as being expensive but it was only 6' in diameter. Nothing quite like being in warm, bubbling water while it is freezing outdoors. Keeping it clean was easy since the covers kept out the bulk of the leaves. Just needed a chlorine pill once a week and a good scrub down each Spring.

"...We checked into a pool cover....and it was going to cost over $4k....we decided it looked nicer without the cover. The only problem we have is in Spring...first the leaves from the oaks (they fall in bucketfuls) then their pollen (we call them worms) they come right after...the filter baskets get dumped twice a day and they're full.....about 3 weeks of misery, then it is sparkling and inviting after that.....:)
Yikes. $4K+ !!! I've been talking about soft covers, like the one in the catalog shot, below...

photos_847.jpg

For our 18 x 33 x 4 oval, those run anywhere from $75-250 (-ish); throw-in another $50-100 for under-the-cover ice-displacing float-pillows and around-the-edges clips, and you're done...

You must have an in-ground or been talking about a 'hard cover' or some other combo that I'm not getting, but, sounds like you guys have already looked into it, so...

The sister and hubby are runnin' late gettin' here, so...

Just time enough for a quick half-glass of that Green Stuff, or, a half-pint o' Guiness or a wee drop o' the Creatchture, on the way out t'door... at least I'm not drivin' me own buggy today...

Have a good weekend, folks...
wink_smile.gif

You too!

I will start drinking in about 3 hours. I'm actually going out. This is not that common in our household since our daughter was born. But she is having a sleepover at her Aunt's so we are going out and I plan to drink and dance and have fun. And yes, we are taking a cab. I'm usually the sober driver but this time, no one wants to do that, LOL.

I will start drinking in about 3 hours. I'm actually going out. This is not that common in our household since our daughter was born. But she is having a sleepover at her Aunt's so we are going out and I plan to drink and dance and have fun. And yes, we are taking a cab. I'm usually the sober driver but this time, no one wants to do that, LOL.

Fantastic. I had a date earlier in the day. It was very nice. :D

Hi everybody!
I'll have a tap beer if I can sit next to Norm and Cliff. If that doesn't work, give me a straight shot of Grey Goose in a 16 ounce glass.

So here are the words to the Cheers TV show's song.

Making your way in the world today takes everything you've got.
Taking a break from all your worries, sure would help a lot.
Wouldn't you like to get away?
Sometimes you want to go
Where everybody knows your name,
and they're always glad you came.
You wanna be where you can see,
our troubles are all the same
You wanna be where everybody knows
Your name.
You wanna go where people know,
people are all the same,
You wanna go where everybody knows
your name.

Now Kiwiman's USMB version:

Making your way in the world where the government takes all you've got.
Taking a break from all your entitlement worries, sure would help a lot.
Sometimes you want to go
Where everybody knows your user name,
and they aren’t always happy that you came.
that psychos aren’t all the same
Your user name.
You wanna go where people don't give a fuck,
that people are all the same,
your user name.
Asswipe!

Hi everybody!
I'll have a tap beer if I can sit next to Norm and Cliff. If that doesn't work, give me a straight shot of Grey Goose in a 16 ounce glass.

So here are the words to the Cheers TV show's song.

Making your way in the world today takes everything you've got.
Taking a break from all your worries, sure would help a lot.
Sometimes you want to go
Where everybody knows your name,
and they're always glad you came.
our troubles are all the same
Your name.
You wanna go where people know,
people are all the same,
your name.

Now Kiwiman's USMB version:

Making your way in the world where the government takes all you've got.
Taking a break from all your entitlement worries, sure would help a lot.
Sometimes you want to go
Where everybody knows your user name,
and they aren’t always happy that you came.
that psychos aren’t all the same
Your user name.
You wanna go where people don't give a fuck,
that people are all the same,
your user name.
Asswipe!

Here ya go, Kiwiman! Welcome to Cheers!

ptai715_beer_20080605145222[2].jpg

Hi everybody!
Hi Kiwi. How was your day?

What? How's my day? Are you kidding me?
Try how's my life?

The first picture is how I want it to be, the second is how it really is!

Attachments

• $GoGo2.jpg
    $GoGo2.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 39
  • $drunk-guy.jpg
    $drunk-guy.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 24
Full moon as of 10:45am tomorrow. Don't fight with your SO in the morning, things could get ugly.

FYI...

Forum List

Back