Cheers!

But...but...but...I already ordered Tillamore Dew.....

tullamore-dew-_-40-700-plus-2-tumbler-v3.jpg

Oh, and here's the tab:

enormous_restaurant_bill-260x300.jpg

St. Paddy's day pics from the past in Germany:

München (Munich)

00045c19-440.jpg

Also in München, the grand Soccer-Stadium:

51461ac3b8f46.image.jpg

Mcel.jpg

Fer a day, even Krauts are Greenies!!!

flag-pins-ireland-germany.jpg

Tomorrow, I will be making some Paddy's Day photos and uploading them. There is even an irish pub here where I live, I may just stop by tomorrow...

My true story for St Paddy's day takes place in this setting.

attachment.php

On the far RHS there is a small boy and a dog. I am about 3 years old and the dog's name is Smokey. He was a Dalmation and while I have no recollection of it I am told that I used to ride on his back.

My father used to take Smokey for walks down along the beach front and this is long before there were boardwalks. It was essentially just a road with a couple of lampposts that ran along past the beaches. That evening it was cold and drizzling and the light had faded so the lamps were on. While my father was walking along Smokey was doing what all dogs do and that meant sniffing at flotsam and lifting his leg against rocks, bushes and trees. There were no leash laws back then either.

After about a mile or so Smokey sniffed at one of the lampposts, lifted his leg and then there was a blue flash and he ran off into the darkness wimpering. My father was curious so he walked over to the lamppost to see what happened. At this point my father mentioned that his shoes were old and worn to the point where the soles were starting to go and because of the drizzle they were also damp. (Who wears good shoes down to the beach anyway?) As he approached the lamppost he stepped into a puddle and immediately he felt a jolt of electricity from a short in the wiring.

Now I never asked him if that was how Smokey got his name but just the very thought of what happened to poor Smokey's privates always made my father chuckle when he told this story! :eusa_whistle:

Attachments

• $Smokey.JPG
    $Smokey.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 21
Top of the morning, everyone, on this beautiful bright sunny day. Brought a St. Paddy's Day wreath to install over the bar.

2nld07d.jpg

Last edited:
I'd love to see more pics of where you live, Stat.

Tomorrow, I am going to make some and post some of them here. After my work day, I will probably do to James Joyce's. Yes, Bonn even has an Irish Pub! In fact, I think it has 3-4 that are real Irish Pubs, plus about 4 restaurants that serve cuisine from all over the British Isles.

Here:

IrishPubBonn_zps55d09230.png

See the bridge going across the Rhine? That is the John F. Kennedy Bride. There are three bridges that connect the city with it's suburbs across the river.

Forum List

Back