Chelsea Handler Immediately Blames Republicans For Shooting.Before Any Facts Come Out.

The Florida Shooting Had All the Red Flags

One of the classmates of the alleged shooter told local news that the student often showed a lot of warning signs, from showing off pictures of his guns to joking about knowing the layout of the school well enough to figure where students would be in case of a shooting.

WSVN 7 News on Twitter

Opponents of gun control will insist that it's too early to "get political," by which they will mean "discuss anything that could have prevented this" or "acknowledge that we have the power to change gun laws but we refuse to." They'll say that it's too soon to point out that Florida gun laws are some of the most relaxed in the country, meaning in Florida you can buy a gun without a license, you don't need firearms registration, and in most cases you don't need to go through a background check, including to purchase semi-automatic weapons. Acknowledging that it's less than two years since the Pulse in Orlando, the deadliest U.S. shooting in modern history, is "insensitive."

CBS Evening News on Twitter

Opponents of gun control will also likely say it's too soon to bring up that we know, categorically, that the presence of a gun in a home dramatically increases the likelihood of homicide and suicide.

Democrats can bitttch all they want.but they are all for weapons crossing over our borders.

Several lawmakers called for gun control on Wednesday, in the wake of a shooting that left at least 17 people dead at a Florida high school.

Following reports of the shooting, Sen. Chris Murphy, D-Conn., took to the Senate floor to criticize congressional inaction on gun issues. Congress has long stalled on such issues, even in the face of multiple deadly shootings year after year.

More: Florida high school shooting: Here's what we know

More: 20 years in, shootings have changed schools in unexpected ways

Murphy — who represents Newtown, Conn., the site of a shooting that left 20 children and six adults dead — has long been a gun control advocate.

"I'm coming to the floor to talk about something else, but let me just note once again for my colleagues: this happens nowhere else other than the United States of America," he said. "It only happens here not because of coincidence, not because of bad luck, but as a consequence of our inaction. We are responsible for a level of mass atrocity that happens in this country with zero parallel anywhere else."

Here are the lawmakers calling for gun control in the wake of Florida shooting

Student to lawmakers: We're children, you are the adults
180215091954-student-david-hogg-florida-school-shooting-survivor-large-169.jpg

'You need to take some action'

"Some of our policymakers and some people need to -- they need to look in the mirror and take some action because ideas are great but without action, ideas stay ideas and children die"

Stoneman Douglas High student calls on lawmakers: ''You need to take some action' - CNN

"We're children. You guys are the adults. You need to take some action and play a role. Work together, come over your politics, and get something done."

Could someone explain her Tweet here:

"We have an opportunity to elect candidates who won’t allow kids to go to school and get shot."

Note to Chelsea. The bodies were still warm when u made that accusation.

:th_panties: Oh God, here we go again. But then again, anyone surprised/not surprised? I will keep this thread short. No need to explain these typical liberals who immediately blame Bush/GOP/and maybe even Trump for any horrific tragedy that happens in the USA, and sometimes overseas.
For all we know, Chelsea probably thinks that the GOP caused Pearl Harbour.
Chelsea Handler to GOP after Florida shooting: 'You all have blood on your hands'

Handler is 100% correct. Anyone that propages the sale of high powered weapons that have to ability to kill a multitude of people in a very short time is at fault.

For the record I'm a gun owner. I own two Glocks. IMO, I feel that the sale and/or possession of any weapon beyond a handgun, hunting rifle, or a shotgun should be banned.

Forum List

Back