Chevy Volt Production Put On Five Week Hold

You idiot dittoheads can take a lot of the credit. Your car experts are Rush, Beck and Sean- "Un-American" (Time) liars.The hard core dittoheads would never touch one, nor about another 30% "collateral damaged"- great job, a-holes!

Wait until the new batteries that's half the price and has 3 times the density of power comes out within the next few years. Then electrical cars become economical or at least start to become so. :eusa_whistle:

Envia Claims ‘Breakthrough’ in Lithium-Ion Battery Cost and Energy Density

By JIM MOTAVALLI
Envia Claims 'Breakthrough' in Lithium-Ion Battery Cost and Energy Density - NYTimes.com

Envia Systems, a battery maker based in California, announced on Monday what it called a “major breakthrough” in lithium-ion cell technology that would result in a significant increase in the energy density — and a sharp reduction in the cost — of lithium-ion battery packs. Envia is financed by the Energy Department and G.M. Ventures, the venture-capital arm of General Motors, as well as other investors.

Envia SystemsMr. Kapadia.

“We will be able to make smaller automotive packs that are also less heavy and much cheaper,” Atul Kapadia, chairman and chief executive of Envia, said in a telephone interview. “The cost of cells will be less than half — perhaps 45 percent — of cells today, and the energy density will be almost three times greater than conventional automotive cells.”

Mr. Kapadia continued: “What we have are not demonstrations, not experiments, but actual products. We could be in automotive production in a year and a half.”

Do you have any idea how many times people have made statements like that?

I'm also a car guy who doesn't get my info from RW a-holes. All the big 3 are making the best cars ever, including the Volt. Looking forward to the new Dodge Dart- which turns out to be a new-bodied Alfa Romeo Giuletta. And even ALFA and Fiat make good cars now! Punks....

So, you don't care about those 1,300 Employees your Government Motors just laid off? That's what i thought. Obama-Bots be craaaazy. :cuckoo:

Beats the million auto workers the let them fail republicans wanted

Your Government Motors' Taxpayer Bailout days are over. It's sink or swim time now. We'll see what they do. But based on their recent past, i'm not too optimistic.

So, you don't care about those 1,300 Employees your Government Motors just laid off? That's what i thought. Obama-Bots be craaaazy. :cuckoo:

Your Government Motors' Taxpayer Bailout days are over. It's sink or swim time now. We'll see what they do. But based on their recent past, i'm not too optimistic.

I wouldn't expect you would be

Obama is going to run on saving the auto industry

Let Romney run on his let them fail pronouncements

Why do conservatives cheer the failure of an alternative to the gasoline engine?

Why do enviro-nazis keep trying to cram their twisted ideology down our throats?

Why does the leftist President of the United States dump BILLIONS of dollars into "green" startup companies that go bankrupt, and bailout car companies who produce inferior "green" technology?

If "rightwinger" had a SHRED of integrity and objectivity in his soul, he would be asking these two questions.

That won't resinate buddy. Not enough people give two shits about GM....fact.

I'm also a car guy who doesn't get my info from RW a-holes. All the big 3 are making the best cars ever, including the Volt. Looking forward to the new Dodge Dart- which turns out to be a new-bodied Alfa Romeo Giuletta. And even ALFA and Fiat make good cars now! Punks....

For the billionth time, yes I do, and you're the dittohead a-hole who put them there.

Why do conservatives cheer the failure of an alternative to the gasoline engine?

Why do enviro-nazis keep trying to cram their twisted ideology down our throats?

Why does the leftist President of the United States dump BILLIONS of dollars into "green" startup companies that go bankrupt, and bailout car companies who produce inferior "green" technology?

If "rightwinger" had a SHRED of integrity and objectivity in his soul, he would be asking these two questions.

Simply because the world is changing and we need to be at the forefront of emerging technology.

The days of drill, baby drill are numbered

Last edited:

Americans dont care about the US auto industry?

Oh ...I forgot.......you are conservative

Americans only care about god, guns and gays

THAT resonates. Pubs and Pub dupes are morons who don't give a shytte about anything but their pile of crappe LOL

Americans don't believe 0bama cares about the auto industry...

Why support failure technology?

0bama needs to cut his losses, admit it was wrong, and move on to another failure...

For the billionth time, yes I do, and you're the dittohead a-hole who put them there.

How do you figure that, asshole? Did you buy a Volt?

Simply because the world is changing and we need to be at the forefront of emerging technology.

When exactly were those "days of drill, baby drill"? Your leftist heroes have done everything in their power to STOP this country from being more energy independent.

Are you enjoying your $4.00 a gallon gasoline? Are YOU going to go out and buy a Chevy Volt so you can show everybody what a good little enviro-nazi you are? Of course you're NOT. You're just another HYPOCRITE..............don't do as you DO, do as you SAY, right Hugo?

They sure as hell don't care about union thugs who hold up the taxpayers for ransom.

Americans don't believe 0bama cares about the auto industry...

Why support failure technology?

0bama needs to cut his losses, admit it was wrong, and move on to another failure...
Only trouble is, his losses and fails were predictable by his voting record in the US Senate prior to his presidential "win".

The internal combustion engine is the past not the future. Conservatives are always looking to the past instead of the future.

Electric engines are older than internal combustion ones, progressives think going backwards is progress.
Nope
1807 - Francois Isaac de Rivaz of Switzerland invented the internal combustion engine.
1821 - Michael Faraday invented the first electric motors.

The term is electric motor not electric engine. A motor converts electric energy into mechanical energy. An engine converts chemical energy into mechanical energy.

However, the point is a gasoline engine is extremely inefficiency compared to an electric motor. Improvements in electric motors have resulted in efficiencies up to 96% while improvements in gasoline engines have resulted in efficiencies that run from 20 to 30%.

The gasoline engine is truly a Rube Goldberg machine with it's pumps and pistons, cooling and heating system, fuel injection system, electrical system, lubrication system, and exhaust system. It's a wonder it runs at all. Compare that to the electric motor with only one moving part. The electric motor is not only very efficient but can be extremely reliable.

They sure as hell don't care about union thugs who hold up the taxpayers for ransom.

What year do you live in, the 30's? Obama saved jobs and the company. The stockholders who lost their money made a bad investment, thanks to GEORGE W. BOOOOSH and pubs. The unions made huge cuts in salary and pensions. Change the GD channel, dittohead Cold War dinosaur.:lol::lol:

When exactly were those "days of drill, baby drill"? Your leftist heroes have done everything in their power to STOP this country from being more energy independent.

Are you enjoying your $4.00 a gallon gasoline? Are YOU going to go out and buy a Chevy Volt so you can show everybody what a good little enviro-nazi you are? Of course you're NOT. You're just another HYPOCRITE..............don't do as you DO, do as you SAY, right Hugo?
The fact is we are more energy independent and producing more petroleum products now, than before Obama took office.

The U.S. exported more gasoline, diesel and other fuels than it imported in 2011 for the first time since 1949, the Energy Department said. After declining in every year of the Bush administration, domestic field oil production has increased in every year of the Obama administration so far. And although Gulf oil production dipped last year, it was up in the two prior years under Obama, and the annual/monthly average production under Obama has been higher than under Bush.

U.S. Was Net Oil-Product Exporter for First Time Since 1949 - Bloomberg
Domestic Oil Production Has Increased Under Obama | farangbaa

Forum List

Back