Chicago dems give "supervouchers" to welfare queens so they get $3000/month apts

Oh for crying out loud. Why do the real dummies here, like SS, insist on posting stuff like this when they haven't a frikken clue about the facts.

Almost all cities have some variation on this. Some have Section 8 housing, some call it something else. I've rented to Section 8 renters and would again. Its a good deal for both sides.

Taxpayers subsidizing $3,000/month rent is a good deal for one side

actually 2 sides.....the owner of building and the person living in unit....

I had a friend in Tuscaloosa who owned an apt complex and went to section 8 housing. he did it for 2 reasons.

#1 - Since the gov't paid most or all the rent, the portion that was late was minimal to his operation.

#2 - He set the rental rates. The gov't paid most of it. These landlords do scam the gov't pretty well. They know they would not get that high a rent on the open market, but Uncle Sam never batted an eye.

i did it because i knew i would get at least 75% of the rent no matter what.....

That's awesome.

Anyone who charges $3000.00 in rent thoroughly deserves to get screwed.

Don't you think that price might have something to do with the cost of the property and building? Do you understand how real estate works?

Welcome to your party idiot ! :lol:

“This is nuts,” says landlord Tony Rossi, president of Chicago-based*RMK Management Corp., who describes himself as a liberal Democrat. “In a situation where you're dealing with a low-income person, do they really need a 25th-floor apartment with a lake view? It just doesn't make sense to me.”

Which party do you think these welfare bums will vote for?

http://www.chicagobusiness.com/arti...vouchers-to-rent-in-citys-priciest-buildings#

July 28, 2014

The high-rise at 500 N. Lake Shore Drive is the second-most expensive in the city, with rents for a one-bedroom apartment approaching $3,000 a month, well beyond the reach of most Chicago residents.

But that's not too much for the Chicago Housing Authority, which has used federal tax dollars to pick up most of the tab for four lucky residents in the year-old building, with its sweeping views of Lake Michigan, a concierge and a dog-grooming center.

The tenants moved in over the past two years as part of a push by the CHA to expand its housing voucher program so that more low-income residents can leave the city's roughest neighborhoods and start a new life in places with low poverty and crime and close to good schools and jobs.

WOW!!!!!

4 people and no claim of $3,000 a month each, only an assertion that some 1 br units approach that?

I wonder where the truth lies here and where the real outrage is?

The owners of these apartments must have made "wise" political contributions, it appears.

And by the way, the whole idea of this program, is to get people out of the " rough neighborhoods" where they previously had their way paid for them as well.
Just goes to show you that giving people handouts does nothing but create even more dependency, and instead of jump starting the persons drive to succeed , it does the opposite. It trains them to believe the government is their to provide for them, and they feel forever entitled.
Liberals and Dims are not stupid, they know this is what happens, and this is the way they want it, since it forever keeps the individual obedient to them.

And by the way, the whole idea of this program, is to get people out of the " rough neighborhoods" where they previously had their way paid for them as well.
Just goes to show you that giving people handouts does nothing but create even more dependency, and instead of jump starting the persons drive to succeed , it does the opposite. It trains them to believe the government is their to provide for them, and they feel forever entitled.
Liberals and Dims are not stupid, they know this is what happens, and this is the way they want it, since it forever keeps the individual obedient to them.

Yes it is what dems want. They turned blacks into welfare slaves and now they get 90% of the black vote. They're trying to do the same will Hispanics.

FOUR apartments, must be all the owner had vacant, welfare for the wealthy, and a ridiculous subsidy for the poor. That money could house 20 families.

Forum List

Back