Zone1 Chicago Jobs/Community Center Construction Contract Signed!

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
What began as a dream in Corey Brooks mind a few years ago has become reality. This will go a long way to providing much needed job training and guidance to troubled Chicago youth before they become part of the drug/gang/gun culture. Corey Brooks also counsels adult Black men in the community to be a positive force in their families and community.

ConstructionSigning.jpg

MOD EDIT to add link:

Last edited by a moderator:
What began as a dream in Corey Brooks mind a few years ago has become reality. This will go a long way to providing much needed job training and guidance to troubled Chicago youth before they become part of the drug/gang/gun culture. Corey Brooks also counsels adult Black men in the community to be a positive force in their families and community.

View attachment 778399
maybe try # 327 will work,,, but I doubt it,,,
why build new when so many buildings are empty??
more wasted money,,

if thats the case its not as bad,, still dont need to build a new building when they could save money using an old one and let the money be used on the people,,,

you might want to put a link up for it,,
I've put up lots of links about Pastor Brooks and his community center. Nobody gives a shit. Thanks.

I guess we'll see.
There have been a lot of programs like this in the past and they've had limited success.

Shut up, dude.

What's the real issue? Seems that it bothers you.
yes it bother me that money and resources are wasted,,,

think about the education that could be gained in teaching young adults how to restore old buildings??

if global warming is a real thing then tearing down what can be restored and building new wastes resources and adds to the carbon output,,

yes it bother me that money and resources are wasted,,,

think about the education that could be gained in teaching young adults how to restore old buildings??

if global warming is a real thing then tearing down what can be restored and building new wastes resources and adds to the carbon output,,
Did you contribute or something? Well maybe you should get on their board of directors and change their minds. Wait, they've already started without you with their own plans.

What was needed in this community was a 24 hour grocery store that would have employed a couple hundred people covering 3 shifts which would have provided job training directly into employment. Not another gym/rec center.

Last edited:
Not another gym/rec center.
This is a DELIBERATE ATTEMPT to classify what is clearly a JOB TRAINING and COMMUNITY CENTER into a Gym Rec center. IMtooAngry is a true disciple of Rev. Sharpton, twist the truth into whatever you want.

What was needed in this community was a 24 hour grocery store that would have employed a couple hundred people covering 3 shifts which would have provided job training directly into employment. Not another gym/rec center.
A couple of hundred people? Have you ever even been in a grocery store? Most are staffed with less than fifty people total for round-the-clock coverage. Most grocery stores don't even cut their own meat anymore. On a busy day shift my local Frys usually has three checkers three baggers, two deli clerks, two people filling online orders and a manager. That's eleven people.

if thats the case its not as bad,, still dont need to build a new building when they could save money using an old one and let the money be used on the people,,,

you might want to put a link up for it,,
Renovating an old building could be on-the-job vocational training

Here is a link for anyone interested in the funding sources for The Leadership and Opportunity Center being built by Pastor Brooks' organization. All from private citizens like myself and private organizations. Nothing from the government or a political party.

It is unconscionable to me that even at this point, the so called "leaders" of Chicago won't even mention his name after many years of devoting his life to improving South Chicago.

Forum List

Back