Chicago Teachers Union Head Says Standardized Tests Are “Junk Science Rooted in White Supremacy”

Not sure if they are rooted in White Supremacy, but they are junk.

When one can pay money to take a class to learn how to take these test and improve vastly while not actually learning any more knowledge shows their uselessness.
What you’re obviously missing is that without an understanding of the underlying material learning how to”take a test” won’t teach you the material.

You routinely flunked your tests, right?

Rote memorization?

That's kind of the opposite of what rote memorization means.
At the high school level maybe...
As you go beyond it I submit to you That it would be nearly impossible to memorize without having a great deal of knowledge about the subject already. Especially in subjects like math, physics, chemistry.
They used to call that studying.

At the high school level maybe...
As you go beyond it I submit to you That it would be nearly impossible to memorize without having a great deal of knowledge about the subject already. Especially in subjects like math, physics, chemistry.
That's kind of exactly the opposite of what memorization is.

Any child can memorize the quadratic equation.

That's kind of exactly the opposite of what memorization is.

Any child can memorize the quadratic equation.
Well That's a beginning.

However They will still need knowledge of the subject in order to do a whole sheet full of them.

Let's take that up one step to a system of linear equations.

Regardless of the inserted values the steps to solve them are always the same.
So in effect memorization is actually learning the process.

Let's go one more to finding the derivative of a function. Even if you have a graphing calculator you still have to know what you're looking for.

I understand what you're saying about "rote'.... It's pretty much the way everyone learns the initial multiplication and division isn't it?

It requires hours and hours and hours of repetitive practice.

Like I said we used to call it studying.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back