China & Russia essentially give us the bird

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Watching Jay Carney now and he appears VERY upset.

Question:
If Obama reset or rebuilt relationships with these countries as he's claimed why are they thumbing their nose at us?

This whole scenario has made a mockery of us.

Xi and Putin BOTH personally despise obama. All of obama's groveling and sniveling made him look weak. It disgusted world leaders and it's only gotten worse from there.

Question:
If Obama reset or rebuilt relationships with these countries as he's claimed why are they thumbing their nose at us?

Who's "us?" Neither China nor Russia has thumbed their nose at me. Good on them for not turning over Snowden to be put in a hole like Bradley Manning was.

• Banned

Question:

Who's "us?" Neither China nor Russia has thumbed their nose at me. Good on them for not turning over Snowden to be put in a hole like Bradley Manning was.

This thread isn't about YOU as an individual so get over yourself

Obama is still hoping Russian authorities will do his bidding. Snowden missed his flight to Cuba 6 hours ago.

This is one of the dangers of having a national leader that is so disliked by other national leaders, they don't cooperate. There is no personal contact to help ease negotiations. And when ordered around by an ineffective, insufferable, narcissist these leaders don't feel obliged to listen.

Question:

This thread isn't about YOU as an individual so get over yourself

You included me as an individual when you said "us" without any qualification. You obviously meant the U.S. government, but the U.S. government is not "us."

I'm not going to play semantics with you Kevin. You know damn well what I ment.

Yes, I do. For some reason you're personally offended that the Russian and Chinese governments didn't do what the U.S. government demanded that they do, and are using that to go after Obama.

Another president, one not so personally disliked, one that commanded at least a little respect might have achieved a different result.

Question:

Russia and China have benefitted from a traitor. Snowden has done great damage to our nation, but, if apprehended he will benefit from a trial by jury. Guess what his fate would have been in Russian or China had he been a national of one of those nations and gave away state secrets? Look what Putin did to a Girl Band for an artistic protest.

I suggest you - if you do - and others who hold Snowden out as a hero to read "Time", June 24th issue on "The Informers"; put your hate for Obama aside (for much of our data mining began decades ago and expanded under GWB) and is little different than what is being done in every other advanced nation.

The noise on the right is such a combination of hysteria, mendacity, bigotry and hypocrisy a new word needs to be coined to define them. The fact is Snowden is a criminal, at large and being added and abetted by our competitors on the world stage - China and Russia.

Yes, I do. For some reason you're personally offended that the Russian and Chinese governments didn't do what the U.S. government demanded that they do, and are using that to go after Obama.

The government that DOES represent me and YOU has been ineffective on the world stage in this event. You may continue to pretend that YOU are unique on the world stage but I know better.

Question:

Russia and China have benefitted from a traitor. Snowden has done great damage to our nation, but, if apprehended he will benefit from a trial by jury. Guess what his fate would have been in Russian or China had he been a national of one of those nations and gave away state secrets? Look what Putin did to a Girl Band for an artistic protest.

I suggest you - if you do - and others who hold Snowden out as a hero to read "Time", June 24th issue on "The Informers"; put your hate for Obama aside (for much of our data mining began decades ago and expanded under GWB) and is little different than what is being done in every other advanced nation.

The noise on the right is such a combination of hysteria, mendacity, bigotry and hypocrisy a new word needs to be coined to define them. The fact is Snowden is a criminal, at large and being added and abetted by our competitors on the world stage - China and Russia.

"Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort."

So he's not a traitor, given that he has not levied war against the U.S., nor has he given aid or comfort to the enemies of the U.S.

Why would I read Time? What hate for Obama? You must have me confused for somebody else. I hate the state. Couldn't care less who heads it at any given point in time, or what their political party is.

Yes, the noise on the "right." That's why Glenn Greenwald, noted progressive, is one of Snowden's biggest supporters and the one who broke all of these stories. Of course your goal is to make Snowden the story, when the real story is the NSA spying on every American's communications illegally.

I think this tweet sums up the situation well:

"Snowden should have fled to a noble & free country like the USA where we hold whistleblowers naked in solitary confinement without trial."

https://twitter.com/paxdickinson/status/348801442536103936

The government that DOES represent me and YOU has been ineffective on the world stage in this event. You may continue to pretend that YOU are unique on the world stage but I know better.

If they represented me they wouldn't be spying on every American's communications in the first place, let alone trying to get their hands on the guy who exposed that information.

It's weird, suddenly some people care what other countries say about us. Turn it around and we'd be hearing about Patriot Vodka and Freedom Rice.

You expected consistency from partisan hacks? :confused:

20030320-freedom-fries.jpg

I was amused when Romney told Adolf Hussein that russia was our major foreign policy problem and the left snickered that "the cold war is over" although they could never give Reagan credit for ending it. Well guess what....Putin warmed things up as long as it was to his advantage, and then back to borscht and bullshit. Putin longed to have Bush money and now he's got Gates money (by seizing oil companies) and is in one dandy of a mid-life crisis....divorced the old wife, has a hot young gymnist babe, hunting tigers....all he needs now is a red Camaro to complete the joke. LOL! Putin has no respect for Soetoro....why would he?

Obama is still hoping Russian authorities will do his bidding. Snowden missed his flight to Cuba 6 hours ago.

This is one of the dangers of having a national leader that is so disliked by other national leaders, they don't cooperate. There is no personal contact to help ease negotiations. And when ordered around by an ineffective, insufferable, narcissist these leaders don't feel obliged to listen.

But,but,but the libs here keep tellin us Barry is universally loved.

WTF???????

Forum List

Back