Chinese bombers simulated an attack on a US Navy aircraft carrier in the South China Sea

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Taiwan and others are on the table. I read some responses online from Japanese and Indian citizens suggesting they need to work closer as both of them can hold China in check. The faith in the West confronting China is at an all-time low.

Now China seems to be prepping for all eventualities.

Chinese bombers recently simulated an attack on a US Navy aircraft carrier in the South China Sea, the US military said Friday, confirming earlier reporting from the Financial Times.

As the Navy's Theodore Roosevelt carrier strike group sailed into the South China Sea this past Saturday, the Chinese military sent eight H-6K bombers, four J-16 fighter jets, and one Y-8 anti-submarine warfare aircraft flying past Taiwan and into the contested waterway.

Tracking data indicates the US carrier strike group entered the South China Sea by way of the Bashi Channel as the Chinese fighters flew through Taiwan's air defense identification zone.

The next day, an unidentified mainland military analyst told China's state-affiliated Global Times that the Chinese move may have been a training exercise intended to "boost the PLA's combat capability against US aircraft carriers," as the bombers could practice launching a saturation attack against the US ships.

The Chinese are wasting a lot of effort.

They bought the presidency for a puppet they understood would simply hand Taiwan (and a few other islands) over on command.

But liberals lie and somehow forgot how liberal is Chairman Xiden! But any resistance will be for show and minimal.

They bought the presidency for a puppet they understood would simply hand Taiwan (and a few other islands) over on command.

But liberals lie and somehow forgot how liberal is Chairman Xiden! But any resistance will be for show and minimal.
That's funny, in another thread you were tongue tying yerself to call them Nazi's..The Chinese started doing bomber runs over Taiwan while Trump was president and you never said a word about Trump, the Chinese or Taiwan...

That's funny, in another thread you were tongue tying yerself to call them Nazi's..The Chinese started doing bomber runs over Taiwan while Trump was president and you never said a word about Trump, the Chinese or Taiwan...
they act like nazis but have liberal/communists policies

Taiwan is to China as Cuba is to the U.S. Geographically and politically.

We can't go to war over Taiwan! We never would, IMO. We can't possibly win a war against much of any country at this point in the U.S. deterioration. We certainly can't win against China, the most powerful country in the world.

I remember when that was us ---- what was that, a year or three ago, before COVID? No longer.

We can't go to war over Taiwan! We never would, IMO. We can't possibly win a war against much of any country at this point in the U.S. deterioration. We certainly can't win against China, the most powerful country in the world.

I remember when that was us ---- what was that, a year or three ago, before COVID? No longer.

If China takes over Taiwan, as they so easily walked into Hong Kong; the entire world is going to be under their thumb for hundreds of years. We will lose our humanity around the world, along with capitalism.

Awwwwww!

So touching that you hang on my every word.

Thank You!

Taiwan remains free for now. But surely it's on Xiden's bucket list. He has only days now to build a legacy before the white-coated laddies spirit him off to that cushy attic room his VP has set aside just for him.

Taiwan and others are on the table. I read some responses online from Japanese and Indian citizens suggesting they need to work closer as both of them can hold China in check. The faith in the West confronting China is at an all-time low.

Chinese bombers recently simulated an attack on a US Navy aircraft carrier in the South China Sea, the US military said Friday, confirming earlier reporting from the Financial Times.

As the Navy's Theodore Roosevelt carrier strike group sailed into the South China Sea this past Saturday, the Chinese military sent eight H-6K bombers, four J-16 fighter jets, and one Y-8 anti-submarine warfare aircraft flying past Taiwan and into the contested waterway.

Tracking data indicates the US carrier strike group entered the South China Sea by way of the Bashi Channel as the Chinese fighters flew through Taiwan's air defense identification zone.

The next day, an unidentified mainland military analyst told China's state-affiliated Global Times that the Chinese move may have been a training exercise intended to "boost the PLA's combat capability against US aircraft carriers," as the bombers could practice launching a saturation attack against the US ships.

Most carriers wouldn’t last long in a missile attack

If China takes over Taiwan, as they so easily walked into Hong Kong; the entire world is going to be under their thumb for hundreds of years. We will lose our humanity around the world, along with capitalism.
NOOOOOOWWWW you're catching on!

Hey, they've got four times our population, homogeneous and under good control and patriotic; and they are buying the world, including all our treasury bonds. It happened very quickly, but they now own the world.

China simulates attacks on US military assets, we simulate attacks on Chinese military assets. Russia simulates attacks on US military assets, we simulate attacks on Russian military assets. This sort of gamesmanship has been going on since the end of WW11.You seem shocked that this is happening. Why?

Why wouldn't China simulate potential threats?

If China wasn't doing this, you'd have to wonder why.

Their MAIN defense approach is to make sure no one can attack them. They've build missiles designed to keep any navy away from their shores.

They "walked into Hong Kong" because the British handed it over in 1997.

China though is rising. Instead of the world having to fear just the US, now it has to fear that China and the US will carry out proxy wars like the US and the USSR did in Angola, Nicaragua, Laos, Somalia, Congo, Mozambique etc etc.

China though is rising. Instead of the world having to fear just the US, now it has to fear that China and the US will carry out proxy wars like the US and the USSR did in Angola, Nicaragua, Laos, Somalia, Congo, Mozambique etc etc.

I don't see that as a necessary intermediate step toward direct two-power war. That doesn't seem to me at all obvious. War between China and the U.S. is the most likely in my opinion, with possibly a proxy war between the U.S. and North Korea, with China as Big Brother, as it was in the '50s. I could be wrong, but this is not the same world as the proxy-war Cold War.

Most carriers wouldn’t last long in a missile attack
If they were exposed at the front of an assault, true. As it is, they're the most heavily defended capital ship in the Navy. Either way, put a U.S. carrier on the bottom with a few THOUSAND sailors and the retribution would not be worth it. China is a growing power, soon to be a great power but they aren't even a blue water Navy, yet. I think it's safe to say the U.S. and China may be about to enact a version of the Thucydides Trap.

I don't see that as a necessary intermediate step toward direct two-power war. That doesn't seem to me at all obvious. War between China and the U.S. is the most likely in my opinion, with possibly a proxy war between the U.S. and North Korea, with China as Big Brother, as it was in the '50s. I could be wrong, but this is not the same world as the proxy-war Cold War.

Well, warfare is different now. In theory the US is at war.

The DC police hacking and the oil pipeline hacking. That's modern warfare.

I agree with that, and yes, the D.C. police just got attacked with ransomware. It does seem to me we should send a Delta Force team after some of these DarkNet groups. I don't think big proxy wars in nothing-burger countries is especially likely, but the cyberwarfare we are seeing all around us constantly. These attacks are only now starting to get our attention.

I agree with that, and yes, the D.C. police just got attacked with ransomware. It does seem to me we should send a Delta Force team after some of these DarkNet groups. I don't think big proxy wars in nothing-burger countries is especially likely, but the cyberwarfare we are seeing all around us constantly. These attacks are only now starting to get our attention.

You don't need to use old warfare to try and win at new warfare.

The US needs to use its BRAINS. Not its muscle. You won't win with muscle any more. In fact the US didn't even win in places like Vietnam, the US is up against Russia and China, two countries it wouldn't dare get into a conflict with.

8 bombers? That's not a "saturation attack". 8 bombers is a joke. The Soviets (who had far more capable bombers than China has now) routinely figured they would need 50 bombers attacking each carrier battle group.

China is not that stupid.
They would lose in a war in less than a year, and their losses would be astronomical in economic costs and take their military back 50 years.

Forum List

Back