Zone1 Catholics (real ones) do NOT go against Scripture or add to it. It's a lie.

^ If that were the case, This scripture is wrong.

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.​

According to you, there are two mediators, although the Bible says there is only one...
Not at all; there are BILLIONS of people praying for all sorts of things asking God to bless everything from space stations to hand made dolls, but there is only ONE Mediator between God an d Man, and that's Jesus.

RC View:

A mediator is one who brings estranged parties to an amicable agreement. In New Testament theology the term invariably implies that the estranged beings are God and man, and it is appropriated to Christ, the One Mediator. When special friends of Godangels, saints, holy men — plead our cause before God, they mediate "with Christ"; their mediation is only secondary and is better called intercession. Moses, however, is the proper mediator of the Old Testament (Galatians 3:19-20).

I love when peeps are pedantic about a "word" that can indeed have a a common use and a more technical use. I indeed use "intercession" to describe the role we all play when we pray for others/us/puppies and so on.

Greg

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.​

According to you, there are two mediators, although the Bible says there is only one...
But what I don't get is that you can look this stuff up in any Catholic Catechism/Encyclopedia or even send a letter to "The Inquisition".

Founded in 1542 by Pope Paul III with the Constitution “Licet ab initio,” the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith was originally called the Sacred Congregation of the Universal Inquisition as its duty was to defend the Church from heresy. It is the oldest of the Roman Curia’s nine congregations.

Pope St. Pius X in 1908 changed the name to the Sacred Congregation of the Holy Office. It received its current name in 1965 from Pope Paul VI. Today, according to Article 48 of the Apostolic Constitution on the Roman Curia, “Pastor Bonus”, promulgated by the Holy Father John Paul II on June 28, 1988, “the duty proper to the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith is to promote and safeguard the doctrine on the faith and morals throughout the Catholic world: for this reason everything which in any way touches such matter falls within its competence.”

Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith (CDF)

Greg

I am not interested in Trump 1992

We have all we can to keep up on the HORRENDOUS events of this year. I don't like thinking about my own past.. Why would I relish thinking about Trump's? He and I have actually committed the same "mistakes".. sins. I was never married and divorced, but I have done things I would now never even think of doing. People change. If all that ever happens is people have hteir past thrown up in their faces... well, they won't talk about said past and we can all learn from it, so anyway, it seems counter-productive and judgmental to hold people's past mistakes/sins against them. I'm sure you don't like people doing that to you?

Do you understand Trump's concept of loyalty?

My mistakes? I've admitted them and made amends wherever possible.

Trump remains arrogant, vengeful and grandiose.. He is still ruthless, vulgar and dishonest.

A mediator is one who brings two parties to amicable agreement. Christ Jesus was the mediator of salvation and redemption between God and man, and he is our only mediator of our salvation. He mediated this two thousand years ago, and the matter of redemption and salvation is settled.

Note that Paul does not say that Jesus is the only petitioner, the only intercessor, for those who wish to take matters outside of salvation to God. We pray as a community for ourselves and each other. I've mentioned before that in the Catholic faith the community of the Body of Christ includes both the living and those who have passed on, and all are living in Christ.

ETA: Did not see gtopa1 reply. Excellent. We had a homily on this just recently, and it stuck with me considering that the matter is brought up here so often. Should have thought of the Catholic Encyclopedia earlier.

Last edited:
I don’t pray to her either. Nor do I I know any Catholics who do. So my point remains.
Then you haven't read the posts here. You have made no point. Ask the living to pray for you, not the dead.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, PRAY FOR US.........
^
That is called communing with the dead. Asking Mary for favors.
We have one mediator who intercedes on our behalf. And it isn't Mary. Since scripture tells us that there is only one mediator, why not ask the one mediator to pray for you?

Not what I asked. Name the three times forkinmisery thinks Christ is coming to earth.
He comes twice. Once to save us from our sins and again to prevent us from destroying all life on earth.

Earnest Ansley was a Pentacostal pervert and sexual abuser. He was a faith healer and wrote about the rapture. He preached a third coming of Jesus. I just don't remember the details.

Last edited:
John 21

Jesus said to them, "Come and have breakfast." None of the disciples dared ask him, "Who are you?" They knew it was the Lord. Jesus came, took the bread and gave it to them, and did the same with the fish. This was now the third time Jesus appeared to his disciples after he was raised from the dead.

John 21

Jesus said to them, "Come and have breakfast." None of the disciples dared ask him, "Who are you?" They knew it was the Lord. Jesus came, took the bread and gave it to them, and did the same with the fish. This was now the third time Jesus appeared to his disciples after he was raised from the dead.
No. That was His first visit to earth. Christ stayed here for 40 days before He ascended. Hundreds of people saw Him. The second coming will be to stop us from total destruction.
The mistake comes when people include the rapture as Christ coming here to gather His own to Him. He does not. We go to meet Him in the air not on earth...

1 Thes.4:17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.

Forum List

Back