Chris Matthews sours on Obama

Desperado

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2012
Chris Matthews is now singing the song "The Thrill is Gone"
It has to be really bad for Obama if even Chris Matthews is dissing him.
Amongst other things Chris said President Obama "obviously likes giving speeches more than he does running the executive branch,"
Enjoy:
Chris Matthews sours on Obama - POLITICO.com

I like Chris Matthews. He really gives people hell when they deserve it.

I think he's finally pissed off because Obama has been such a weenie defender of liberal causes.

I watched him yesterday.
He doesn't think he has ever been the CEO. Ha!
This will blow over sooner or later and he will be back in love with him.
He is only upset because the AP Scandal effects his livelihood.
Talk about two faced.
The love affair with the main stream Media for Obama is over but only for a short time.

Matthews, like Obama has been making some pretty big mistakes for the last 5 years.

They think Republicans want to do the right thing.

While, what's really happening, is that Republicans are entirely self interested.

Matthews might be a liberal hack and possibly a drunk. That "thrill up [his] leg" comment cemented Matthews' status as a partisan rather than any kind of an objective reporter or commentator.

However, even Matthews is clearly seeing (and willing to state it) that President Obama is a flop.

Matthews' questions were actually pretty much spot on.

The main thing about being President of the United States that seems to most bug, bother, bewilder and befuddle Obama

is being an executive.

And that is really kind of the point of BEING President of the United States. It's why his Branch of government is known as the "Executive" Branch. It's why his position is known as "the Chief Executive." Yet, it's not what Obama likes about the job.

Obama didn't oversee his IRS, an Executive Branch agency.

Obama clearly doesn't bother to oversee his Justice Department or its prosecutorial actions, an Executive Branch responsibility.

And he didn't bother to oversee the Foreign Service well enough to protect an American consulate either before hand or WHILE an attack against it was underway, an Executive Branch obligation, duty and responsibility.

He did roll up his sleeves, though, to coverup what happened in Benghazi.

And this same chief "Executive" now wants us to proceed with his health care fiasco "plan" by delegating the executive functions of administering that massive clusterfuck to the SAME IRS that just misused its powers on a political basis -- while HE was busy not paying any attention (in the BEST case scenario).

Are you kidding me?

The Presidency is not just too big for Obama, but the flip side is also true. He is WAY too small for the job.

Last edited:
Chris Matthews is now singing the song "The Thrill is Gone"
It has to be really bad for Obama if even Chris Matthews is dissing him.
Amongst other things Chris said President Obama "obviously likes giving speeches more than he does running the executive branch,"
Enjoy:

I believe it was Dana Perino who said, "Only Obama could unite the Associated Press and the tea party. They can now add to that, "Only Obama could unite Chris Matthews with the tea party conservatives.

Who would have ever thought?

It is a VERY BAD TIME to be a Liberal! I wouldn't blame them for wanting to Impeach Obama.

Matthews: President Runs IRS, Treasury | Washington Free Beacon

Run Chris Matthews' commentary in BOTH of those clips back to back. The fact that he sees it as very damaging politically is interesting but, in my view, a bit myopic. The problem for the liberals politically, as noted by Matthews, is at least potentially massive. (In my view, of course, that's good news.) But the truly important thing is not the politics -- the gains and losses -- it's not just who ends up taking control of Congress or which Party gets a leg up for the next Presidential election.

The truly important thing is what our government is doing. Are we going to ALLOW our government to behave like this? It is OUR government.

Chris Matthews soured, so had Jon Stewart, Bill Press, Dana Milbank, Maureen Dowd, and dozens of others.

They might yet swallow their bile and continue to protect him, but will never have the same zeal again.

As far as the people who really run the country are concerned, all of this is right on schedule. No need to keep up the pretense of liberalism; their puppet is firmly in place 'til 2016.

Matthews is just impatient. He wanted a far more centralized, authoritarian government and isn't getting it fast enough. That kind of "fundamental change" doesn't happen overnight Chris, some folks aren't all that excited about that much government control.

I suspect you'll ultimately get your way, but not right away.

Well, while Chris Matthews is no Walter Cronkite and Barack Obama is no Lyndon Johnson (although it would be a interesting exercise to debate which of the two is worse or better than their predecessor), the Obama administration has to be voicing something similar to what LBJ is reported to have said when Cronkite announced -- in all his infinite wisdom as a journalist -- the Vietnam war was a stalemate, "If I've lost Cronkite, I've lost the country."

If Obama has lost his most sycophantic member of the press corps (pronounced kor, not corpse, Mr. President), he may actually be in some trouble. After all, it is only due to the press that Obama has made it this far.

He may have screwed the pooch but, only time will tell.

Gee savvy and experienced D.C. insiders like Matthews are surprised Barry's a worthless empty suit.

Fell in love with a guy who's main qualification appeared to be he could really deliver a speech off of a Teleprompter, so, naturally, that should bode well for his management, leadership, etc. abilities, huh?

You helped create this phony bastard, Chris, so now you and your fellow Dim media fluffers look like the partisan hacks/village idiots you really are. And not much hope that will change soon.

I like Chris Matthews. He really gives people hell when they deserve it.

I think he's finally pissed off because Obama has been such a weenie defender of liberal causes.

No.
Matthews is finally seeing the light now only because it was his industry that was violated.
The conservative groups that were grossly mistreated during the past 3 years where numerous official complaints were launched - Matthews - crickets. Nothing.
So this time it is journalism under attack - hold on - lets break out the war chest!!! :doubt:

I love love love this part of Matthews rant. He nails Obama.

"What part of the presidency does Obama like? He doesn't like dealing with other politicians -- that means his own cabinet, that means members of the congress, either party.

He doesn't particularly like the press.... He likes to write the speeches, likes to rewrite what Favreau and the others wrote for the first draft," Matthews said.

"So what part does he like? He likes going on the road, campaigning, visiting businesses like he does every couple days somewhere in Ohio or somewhere," Matthews continued.

"But what part does he like?

He doesn't like lobbying for the bills he cares about.

He doesn't like selling to the press. He doesn't like giving orders or giving somebody the power to give orders.

He doesn't seem to like being an executive.”

Matthews, like Obama has been making some pretty big mistakes for the last 5 years.

While, what's really happening, is that Republicans are entirely self interested.

The limp-wristed, statist bootlick mentality of the collectivist on display.

The liberals do everything for votes. They buy them using tax payer money.

If you think liberals really care about anyone but themselves or their party you are a fool.

Matthews might be a liberal hack and possibly a drunk. That "thrill up [his] leg" comment cemented Matthews' status as a partisan rather than any kind of an objective reporter or commentator.

However, even Matthews is clearly seeing (and willing to state it) that President Obama is a flop.

Matthews' questions were actually pretty much spot on.

The main thing about being President of the United States that seems to most bug, bother, bewilder and befuddle Obama

is being an executive.

And that is really kind of the point of BEING President of the United States. It's why his Branch of government is known as the "Executive" Branch. It's why his position is known as "the Chief Executive." Yet, it's not what Obama likes about the job.

Obama didn't oversee his IRS, an Executive Branch agency.

Obama clearly doesn't bother to oversee his Justice Department or its prosecutorial actions, an Executive Branch responsibility.

And he didn't bother to oversee the Foreign Service well enough to protect an American consulate either before hand or WHILE an attack against it was underway, an Executive Branch obligation, duty and responsibility.

He did roll up his sleeves, though, to coverup what happened in Benghazi.

And this same chief "Executive" now wants us to proceed with his health care fiasco "plan" by delegating the executive functions of administering that massive clusterfuck to the SAME IRS that just misused its powers on a political basis -- while HE was busy not paying any attention (in the BEST case scenario).

Are you kidding me?

The Presidency is not just too big for Obama, but the flip side is also true. He is WAY too small for the job.

What a shame too many people were color-blinded and allowed that blindness to obscure their ability to see the truth that you just stated.

Chris Matthews soured, so had Jon Stewart, Bill Press, Dana Milbank, Maureen Dowd, and dozens of others.

They might yet swallow their bile and continue to protect him, but will never have the same zeal again.

I honestly do not remember having a truly great president since Kennedy. And they killed him for it; it might just be too risky of a deal to attract honorable men.

I've soured on Obama, too, but I recognize that we were never provided with any plausible alternatives. Can you imagine a McCain/Palin administration? Or the ideological radicalism that Romney/Ryan would have created?

The American presidency is a corporate thing, and you (as voters) buy what they sell.

The liberals do everything for votes. They buy them using tax payer money.

If you think liberals really care about anyone but themselves or their party you are a fool.

And your so-called "liberals" differ from the "conservatives" by--how was that again? Are you saying that conservatives are "caring?" C'mon. Don't be daft. Are you saying that "conservatives" do NOT go all-out for votes?

Shit, the Democrats and Republicans are like the Red Sox and the Yankees. Two teams, two fan groups, same game, same league. Cheer for your team! LOL

Forum List

Back