🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

christanity not founded on christanity

the pagan trinity is the three fazes of womanhood , maiden mother crone concept christian twisted for father son holy smoke .

Pretty misogynistic, IMO. What would have been the problem with Father, Son and Mother?!?! :eusa_angel:

There are no Trinities in pagan theology. Though Hecate may have been called a triple goddess, that doesn't make her a "Trinity". We don't call God, our Triple God. He is One.

Biblically, the doctrine of the Trinity comes about by looking at the whole of scripture, not by looking at just one verse.

Moreover, the Revelation of Him (One God in three persons), ALL ONE, comes about by knowing Him personally. Therefore, because you do not yet believe or perhaps have not yet called upon His Name in sincerity, you cannot understand it. And therefore even try to kick against Him.

You're playing with words. A triple Goddess or God WOULD BE a trinity. How is it any different than Father, Son and Holy Spirit? I don't believe that your belief came about by knowing Him personally, but because you were instructed that that was what you were supposed to believe. If the Arians had won out, we'd be singing a totally different tune, IMO, and Jesus would not be God, but a figure akin to The Buddha.

You say one must not look at one verse. Which verse are you talking about? You seem to have left that out. Also, if the Arians had won out, we'd probably have a much different NT, as the scriptures were put together by men and many of the rejected works may have been included with others now there, left out.

My point was that you are pop culture yahoos.

Point taken and rejected. Your opinions are usually worthless and this is no exception. Make an actual contribution to a thread and maybe I'll listen. Excepting that, who really cares what you've got to say?!?! :eusa_whistle:

Pretty misogynistic, IMO. What would have been the problem with Father, Son and Mother?!?! :eusa_angel:

There are no Trinities in pagan theology. Though Hecate may have been called a triple goddess, that doesn't make her a "Trinity". We don't call God, our Triple God. He is One.

Biblically, the doctrine of the Trinity comes about by looking at the whole of scripture, not by looking at just one verse.

Moreover, the Revelation of Him (One God in three persons), ALL ONE, comes about by knowing Him personally. Therefore, because you do not yet believe or perhaps have not yet called upon His Name in sincerity, you cannot understand it. And therefore even try to kick against Him.

You're playing with words. A triple Goddess or God WOULD BE a trinity. How is it any different than Father, Son and Holy Spirit? I don't believe that your belief came about by knowing Him personally, but because you were instructed that that was what you were supposed to believe. If the Arians had won out, we'd be singing a totally different tune, IMO, and Jesus would not be God, but a figure akin to The Buddha.

You say one must not look at one verse. Which verse are you talking about? You seem to have left that out. Also, if the Arians had won out, we'd probably have a much different NT, as the scriptures were put together by men and many of the rejected works may have been included with others now there, left out.

who cares what you believe? I certainly don't. So why are you so worried about what I believe?

BTW, if I'm to be accused of being a pop culture yahoo, at least reference the correct work. It wouldn't be The DaVinci Code, but The Mists of Avalon.

who cares what you believe? I certainly don't. So why are you so worried about what I believe?

Who's talking to you?!?! :cuckoo:

No, it would be DaVinci code. It's perfectly apropos.

What a loon.

How so? Where does discussion of the Trinity and tripartite pagan gods/godesses figure into the Da Vinci Code? You picked on one word and made up a scenario out of whole cloth.

I am not playing with words at all, this is very serious to me. My knowing Him personally is exactly that, knowing Him. I didn't grow up in any faith at all. I'm 40 years old, I didn't come to know the Lord until I was 31. I was not instructed by any person, or people. There were a few witnesses yes, but that is not what lead me to seek the truth.

I didn't say we must not look at one verse, or I didn't mean that...what I was trying to say is that the knowledge of the Trinity as we know doesn't come about by just looking at one verse, rather, its the whole of scripture. And morever, it's knowing Him.

He is God, He alone reveals to us who He is. It is not "us" who says who He is. And this is very personal, the most intimate relationship we can have.

I realize you probably don't believe me, and that is understandable, and I don't blame you. In fact, the Word of God says to trust Him above man (or woman in this case,lol).

But surely you could go to the source, could you not? Why not ask Him? I realize that may sound absurd to you, but why not? You can ask Him anything, and in fact, your honesty is something He is looking for. "Which God is the truth, God?" "Why is there Islam, Christianity, Judiasm, and so many sects within those faiths?" "Did Jesus Christ really die for the sins of the world?" etc, etc.

Do you think He will not answer? It is His WILL for us to know Him, He wants us to... "I am the Lord your God". He IS God, and He promises to reveal Himself to those who seek Him with all their heart and soul. (He knows if we are just trying to kick against Him, He knows when we are not sincere or honest)

Deut 4:29 But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.

Again, as for the Trinity, what I'm trying to say is that there are no specific verses that say, "Trinity", or spell it out. The whole of scripture, or knowing His Word is how He is revealed to us. The closest I think I've come across is this verse:

1 Timothy 3:16
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

God - Father
Manifest in the flesh - Son
Justified in the spirit - Spirit

Again, if you want to know, why not go to the source first and foremost - God Himself? I'm sayin this as an encouragement.

It is traditional that in forums like this a person responds to posts that they feel like responding to, not just posts directed at them alone.

Just a deflection on your part since you have no real reason to be worried about what I do or don't believe.

It is traditional that in forums like this a person responds to posts that they feel like responding to, not just posts directed at them alone.

Just a deflection on your part since you have no real reason to be worried about what I do or don't believe.

You said you didn't care what I believe and asked why I'm worried about what you believe? Since you weren't part of the quotes, what made you think I was talking about what you believe? Secondly, since it's "traditional" to respond to what posts you wish to respond to, why did you "deflect" the discussion by trying to shut me down? I think you're being quite hypocritical!!!

I am not playing with words at all, this is very serious to me. My knowing Him personally is exactly that, knowing Him. I didn't grow up in any faith at all. I'm 40 years old, I didn't come to know the Lord until I was 31. I was not instructed by any person, or people. There were a few witnesses yes, but that is not what lead me to seek the truth.

I didn't say we must not look at one verse, or I didn't mean that...what I was trying to say is that the knowledge of the Trinity as we know doesn't come about by just looking at one verse, rather, its the whole of scripture. And morever, it's knowing Him.

He is God, He alone reveals to us who He is. It is not "us" who says who He is. And this is very personal, the most intimate relationship we can have.

I realize you probably don't believe me, and that is understandable, and I don't blame you. In fact, the Word of God says to trust Him above man (or woman in this case,lol).

But surely you could go to the source, could you not? Why not ask Him? I realize that may sound absurd to you, but why not? You can ask Him anything, and in fact, your honesty is something He is looking for. "Which God is the truth, God?" "Why is there Islam, Christianity, Judiasm, and so many sects within those faiths?" "Did Jesus Christ really die for the sins of the world?" etc, etc.

Do you think He will not answer? It is His WILL for us to know Him, He wants us to... "I am the Lord your God". He IS God, and He promises to reveal Himself to those who seek Him with all their heart and soul. (He knows if we are just trying to kick against Him, He knows when we are not sincere or honest)

Deut 4:29 But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.

Again, as for the Trinity, what I'm trying to say is that there are no specific verses that say, "Trinity", or spell it out. The whole of scripture, or knowing His Word is how He is revealed to us. The closest I think I've come across is this verse:

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

God - Father

Again, if you want to know, why not go to the source first and foremost - God Himself? I'm sayin this as an encouragement.

Those were all quotes from books compiled by Catholic Trinitarians at the behest of a pagan Roman emperor that didn't get baptized until he was on his deathbed and was more concerned with orderliness and preserving his own power ("give unto Caesar, what is Caesar's") than doctrine. If the Arians had won out, it would have been a very different story. I don't think you have to believe Jesus was God to be a good Christian. Buddhists don't believe The Buddha was God and Lutherans don't believe Martin Luther was God.

You said you didn't care what I believe and asked why I'm worried about what you believe? Since you weren't part of the quotes, what made you think I was talking about what you believe? Secondly, since it's "traditional" to respond to what posts you wish to respond to, why did you "deflect" the discussion by trying to shut me down? I think you're being quite hypocritical!!!

:lol: no one is trying to shut you down dopey, I merely asked why you care what Christians believe.

:lol: no one is trying to shut you down dopey, I merely asked why you care what Christians believe.

Then why didn't you say that? The question is insulting, however. It implies that you don't think I'm a Christian. Where'd you get that idea?

God - Father

Those were all quotes from books compiled by Catholic Trinitarians at the behest of a pagan Roman emperor that didn't get baptized until he was on his deathbed and was more concerned with orderliness and preserving his own power ("give unto Caesar, what is Caesar's") than doctrine. If the Arians had won out, it would have been a very different story. I don't think you have to believe Jesus was God to be a good Christian. Buddhists don't believe The Buddha was God and Lutherans don't believe Martin Luther was God.

Being a "good" Christian first requires to acknowledge that NONE of us are "good". Coming humbly before God and repenting of first not even believing Him, of Who Jesus Christ our Lord is. We are all sinners. Can you name one person who has not sinned? Therefore, we need a little help from God, eh? And it is exactly about knowing Him very personnaly, very intimately, His love and Who He is. For it is only through Jesus Christ that we have fulfillment of the Law (commandments) because LOVE covers (or rather fulfills) all the commandments. Love also covers a multitude of sins. We cannot "cover" ourselves, as we fall short.

Again, no, you do not yet understand the Trinity, and I can only try to help, but it's gonna be between you and the Lord. Even then, the verse I quoted above shows the magnificance of Who He is, and even talks about being a great mystery.

Here, please... this is a video that talks about some or similar of what we are talking about. Look at the verses (dont even look at the person, just look at Gods Word/what Jesus said). Look at what Jesus Christ said specifically here also --

John 8:24
I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.
(Who is Jesus saying He is, and why would we die in our sins if we don't believe Him?)

This video may help also:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2ED27Wnv8w]YouTube - Is Jesus God or the Son of God?[/ame]

Last edited:
Marie, you're quoting from the works of the winning side. That doesn't prove Jesus is God anymore than quoting the Koran "proves" that Islam is supreme. The only way to know what early Christianity was all about and to make an educated decision is to become as familiar with the Gnostic and other early Christian writings that were left out, as you are with the Bible as is.

Forum List

Back