Christian family facing deportation for homeschooling

It is no one's business if a parent wants to home school their kid. Period.

If I had kids I would home school. There is no way I'd let the fucking government educate my kid.

Excellent point. You have every right. Now, being the conscientious USMB member that you are, how about addressing the intent of the OP? Instead of dropping that turd of righteous indignation, how about commenting on the fact that the OP is little more than fake outrage and that nobody is being deported as a result of their religious beliefs? Surely you are growing tired of your fellow "conservatives" mindlessly posting such drivel here on a regular basis.

What about the statement

"It's no one's business if parents want to home school their kids"

did you not understand?

The fucking government has no business telling parents how to educate their kids. Period.

And please do not label me. i do not have much in common with so called conservatives.

I can look past the hyperbole to comment on an underlying issue, can you?

If I had kids I would home school. There is no way I'd let the fucking government educate my kid.

Excellent point. You have every right. Now, being the conscientious USMB member that you are, how about addressing the intent of the OP? Instead of dropping that turd of righteous indignation, how about commenting on the fact that the OP is little more than fake outrage and that nobody is being deported as a result of their religious beliefs? Surely you are growing tired of your fellow "conservatives" mindlessly posting such drivel here on a regular basis.

What about the statement

did you not understand?

The fucking government has no business telling parents how to educate their kids. Period.

And please do not label me. i do not have much in common with so called conservatives.

I understood fine. Do you think that President Obama has threatened to deport this family because they are trying to practice their religion? Or is that a ridiculous thing to think.....let alone say.

Try commenting in the issue proposed by the OP. Nobody here disagrees with your obvious statement of parent's rights.

You don't like my comments then don't read them.

Don't fucking tell me what to do.

You don't like my comments then don't read them.

Don't fucking tell me what to do.

Why not?

Do you realize that just about every post you make is one form or another of you screaming about your rights. How you will stand up for your rights. How you are not a pushover. How you will not be told what to do.

You have the same rights as any other US citizen. Nobody is threatening them. My suggesting that you do all of us a favor and lay into people who post bullshit like this OP is not infringing on your rights.

What about the statement

did you not understand?

Sure they do.

Falls under the commerce clause.

Christian family facing deportation for homeschooling | Fox News Video

But he is A OK for all those illegal mexicans to stay here and use all our welfare system!!! Is it because they are white!
I find it interesting that obamaturd stated that no one has the right to homeschool anywhere. What a piece of shit potus we have.

Kindly provide our President's quote where he says what you claim he said.

Doesn't matter whether he said it or not.

Home schooling isn't a protected right.

What about the statement

did you not understand?

Sure they do.

Falls under the commerce clause.

You mean the most abused clause in the constitution used for an unintended power grab by corrupt motherfucking scum bag power hungry politicians?

And there is no way a parent home schooling a child is "commerce"

What happen too the legitimate reason for allowing people into the country? obama wants too give amnesty to criminals who deserve none, but wants too deport those who are oppressed

[ame=http://youtu.be/qbfA_j_D5Es]Obama deporting Christians - YouTube[/ame]

Earlier this month, it was brought to light that a German family who immigrated to the U.S. seeking political asylum may soon be deported by the Department of Homeland Security — and it all involves homeschooling.

Uwe and Hannelore Romeike, along with their six children, wanted to home-school their children in Germany, but were not permitted to do so under German law. They sought and were granted political refuge in the U.S. by an immigration judge in 2010, but now the Department of Homeland Security is claiming that German laws banning homeschooling do not violate the family’s human rights.

Obama Admin. Trying to Deport German Evangelical Family Seeking Asylum Over Homeschooling | TheBlaze.com

What happen too the legitimate reason for allowing people into the country? obama wants too give amnesty to criminals who deserve none, but wants too deport those who are oppressed

Obama deporting Christians - YouTube

Earlier this month, it was brought to light that a German family who immigrated to the U.S. seeking political asylum may soon be deported by the Department of Homeland Security — and it all involves homeschooling.

Uwe and Hannelore Romeike, along with their six children, wanted to home-school their children in Germany, but were not permitted to do so under German law. They sought and were granted political refuge in the U.S. by an immigration judge in 2010, but now the Department of Homeland Security is claiming that German laws banning homeschooling do not violate the family’s human rights.

Obama Admin. Trying to Deport German Evangelical Family Seeking Asylum Over Homeschooling | TheBlaze.com

To, Too, Two - The Easiest Way To Learn How To Use These Words

:lol:

Homeschool bans as a violation of human rights. LMFAO

They couldn't homeschool their kids back home, so they want to come to America and you of course, support them.
Meanwhile, there are people out there fleeing war torn countries, and people like you don't give a shit about them.

To, Too, Two - The Easiest Way To Learn How To Use These Words

:lol:

Homeschool bans as a violation of human rights. LMFAO
Derp boys back.

Not exactly the "whole story".

They aren't facing deportation for home schooling. Figures it's from Fox media.

The family is trying to claim asylum status because home schooling is illegal in Germany.

Home schooling isn't a "fundamental right".

German home-school parents appeal asylum ruling

Uwe and Hannelore Romeike (roh-MEYE-kee) claim in court documents that German schools are anti-Christian and the couple believe God wants them to teach their children at home.

Germany's government requires students to attend a state-approved school, and parents who violate the law can face fines, jail and possible custody loss.

and

The U.S. government said in court documents the Romeikes did not belong to any particular Christian denomination and described the parents' objections to the government-approved schools as vague.

For instance, Uwe Romeike claimed a textbook "featured a story suggesting that 'the devil can help you if you ask the devil, but God would not help you,'" the government said. But he could not recall the title of the story or its author.

Romeike also claimed the schools taught witchcraft based on a game played by classmates of his wife when she was in the seventh grade "that involved pushing chairs and glasses around, and dangling a pendulum."

Frankly, the family sounds a bit whacko, but count on the Home School Defense League to take up their case.
The family initially was granted asylum by U.S. Immigration Judge Lawrence Burman in Memphis in 2010. He concluded that "the (German) government is attempting to enforce this Nazi-era law against people that it purely seems to detest because of their desire to keep their children out of school."

On appeal, the Board of Immigration Appeals found Burman's assertion to be erroneous, and stated the record did not support the "inflammatory suggestion that it is a Nazi-era law."

Seriously....is this really an asylum case? And, who's to say that they, and their 5 children aren't using our welfare system? Who's supporting them?

Parents being able to teach their children their values is a right.

Christian family facing deportation for homeschooling | Fox News Video

But he is A OK for all those illegal mexicans to stay here and use all our welfare system!!! Is it because they are white!

We have enough of our home grown bible thumping kooks:eusa_whistle:

I am not religious, but I would rather deal with people that learned their values from Chritianity and the Bible, than those that learn it from the streets, the violent video games, or Sharia Law.

NOt seeing an issue here. Laws preventing Home Schooling are not a violation of human rights, and Germany currently is not an abuser of human rights. Therefore, they do not qualify as political refugees.

And as I've said, we've got enough Religious whacks in this country already, we don't need to import more of them.

Forum List

Back