Christian family facing deportation for homeschooling

We know! The pagan Romans threw them to the lions...

Actually, they probably didn't. Most of these stories of "Martyrdom" don't show up until the 5th century and most of them are so silly that even the Church viewed them with a touch of skeptiscim.

So, what makes you believe all the silly stories concerning christianity? Because it suits your position? You accept evolution because you cannot accept creationism. You prop up paganism because you cannot accept christianity. You want to deport the Bible believing German family, because they offend your secularized principles of "morality."

I want to deport these slugs because they are abusing the asylum laws. Those laws are for people who are facing REAL persecution, not someone who is having an argument with City Hall over a water bill.

I accept evolution because there is evidence for evolution. There is no evidence for creationism.

I accept neither Paganism nor Christianity or any other religion. They are all fairy stories as far as I'm concerned.

Obviously I am a big fan of homeschooling given that I publish one of the homeschooling communities most favored websites on the net. (top 0.0155% world internet site status according to Alexa).

But homeschooling is NOT yet a human right recognized as worthy of granting political asylum.

And, even though I completely and totally agree that homeschooling ought to be a legal right in the USA?

Granting any aliens the right to US asylum because it is not so recognized in their country will have BLOWBACK that NOBODY who loves this country really wants.

Do we really want every religious freak that is denied the right to home school their children living in THIS country?

I don't think so.

Last edited:
Not exactly the "whole story".

They aren't facing deportation for home schooling. Figures it's from Fox media.

The family is trying to claim asylum status because home schooling is illegal in Germany.

Home schooling isn't a "fundamental right".

German home-school parents appeal asylum ruling

Uwe and Hannelore Romeike (roh-MEYE-kee) claim in court documents that German schools are anti-Christian and the couple believe God wants them to teach their children at home.

Germany's government requires students to attend a state-approved school, and parents who violate the law can face fines, jail and possible custody loss.

and

Frankly, the family sounds a bit whacko, but count on the Home School Defense League to take up their case.
The family initially was granted asylum by U.S. Immigration Judge Lawrence Burman in Memphis in 2010. He concluded that "the (German) government is attempting to enforce this Nazi-era law against people that it purely seems to detest because of their desire to keep their children out of school."

On appeal, the Board of Immigration Appeals found Burman's assertion to be erroneous, and stated the record did not support the "inflammatory suggestion that it is a Nazi-era law."

Seriously....is this really an asylum case? And, who's to say that they, and their 5 children aren't using our welfare system? Who's supporting them?

Parents being able to teach their children their values is a right.

And that "right" is not being infringed upon.

Is it a valid claim for political asylum here for anyone who comes from a country that doesn't have a 2nd amendment or a reasonable equivalent?

Seriously....is this really an asylum case? And, who's to say that they, and their 5 children aren't using our welfare system? Who's supporting them?

Nothing is saying they can't do that. They have plenty of time to do that.

But they are required to send their kids to school to get proper education, and Germany doesn't allow the stupidity known as Home-Schooling. We ought to ban it in this country. Never met a home-schooled kid who wasn't a little weird.

German laws say that if the parents don't want the state to teach them.

They left Germany because they do not allowed homeschooling so they came here . Immigration said it was ok but Obama has stepped in and said they have to go to regular school or get deported.

Right, welcome to the next Germany and while you're at it, you're next Hitler as well. It's coming, concentration camps and all... thank a progressive communist.

-J.
Exactly

Sure they do.

Falls under the commerce clause.

You mean the most abused clause in the constitution used for an unintended power grab by corrupt motherfucking scum bag power hungry politicians?

And there is no way a parent home schooling a child is "commerce"

Sure it is.

A well educated and socialized workforce is in the public interest..and done for the public good.

Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't home schooled kids tested the same as children who attend public schools?

Not exactly the "whole story".

They aren't facing deportation for home schooling. Figures it's from Fox media.

The family is trying to claim asylum status because home schooling is illegal in Germany.

Home schooling isn't a "fundamental right".

German home-school parents appeal asylum ruling

and

Frankly, the family sounds a bit whacko, but count on the Home School Defense League to take up their case.

And that "right" is not being infringed upon.
Yes it is.

Fuckin' A BigDerp,

You have made some really strong arguments in this thread. More than too, at least.

I tried to pos rep you.....but I was told that I need to spread it around. Fucking Obama makes us redistribute our rep too!

Then I tried to PM you to thank you for your nice message. But.....lo and behold.....you do not accept private messages. What's up with that?

So let me reply to you as follows:

No, thank you. But if you promise to shave and bring presents, I might agree to teabag you.

Hurry now...cry to a mod.

Fuckin' A BigDerp,

You have made some really strong arguments in this thread. More than too, at least.

I tried to pos rep you.....but I was told that I need to spread it around. Fucking Obama makes us redistribute our rep too!

Then I tried to PM you to thank you for your nice message. But.....lo and behold.....you do not accept private messages. What's up with that?

No, thank you. But if you promise to shave and bring presents, I might agree to teabag you.

I've made a lot better point than your troll reply's when you have something worth talking about let me know.

Fuckin' A BigDerp,

I've made a lot better point than your troll reply's when you have something worth talking about let me know.

Well said. Is it difficult to try and write sentences that do not have "to", "two", or "too" in them? Gotta be a bitch!

Fuckin' A BigDerp,

Well said. Is it difficult to try and write sentences that do not have "to", "two", or "too" in them? Gotta be a bitch!

When you die let me know where you're buried so I can piss to too and two on your grave.

What happen too the legitimate reason for allowing people into the country? obama wants too give amnesty to criminals who deserve none, but wants too deport those who are oppressed

Obama deporting Christians - YouTube

Earlier this month, it was brought to light that a German family who immigrated to the U.S. seeking political asylum may soon be deported by the Department of Homeland Security — and it all involves homeschooling.

Uwe and Hannelore Romeike, along with their six children, wanted to home-school their children in Germany, but were not permitted to do so under German law. They sought and were granted political refuge in the U.S. by an immigration judge in 2010, but now the Department of Homeland Security is claiming that German laws banning homeschooling do not violate the family’s human rights.

NOt seeing an issue here. Laws preventing Home Schooling are not a violation of human rights, and Germany currently is not an abuser of human rights. Therefore, they do not qualify as political refugees.

And as I've said, we've got enough Religious whacks in this country already, we don't need to import more of them.

Now think about what you've said. If laws preventing Home Schooling are not a violation of human rights, then what exactly makes laws preventing "gay" marriage one. And then if I were to say, regarding homosexual marriage, "We have enough married whacks in this country without providing an excuse for deviant whacks to do so.." Wouldn't you find this rather nasty. We really do not know this German family and they presently live on a farm. They are not hurting anyone and they certainly are not the cause for higher property taxes. Please reconsider, but at least this family should receive our respect for trying to educate their children in a way that proves that they are very concerned for their children's welfare and are willing to go to great lengths to prove it -------- and not just whine about how bad they feel post modern education is.

Forum List

Back