Christian family facing deportation for homeschooling

But your logic is that Christians aren't assholes like the Muslims because they actually ignore the crazy shit in their holy book. (Incidently, so do most of the world's Muslims.)

Both have plenty of assholes, but one culture certainly breeds more violence.

If you look at historically, that would be Christians...

But the problem is you want to include terrorism and exclude wars.

In statistics, we call that "Cherry Picking Data".

The tragedy of Nidal Hassan was that the Army kept him as long as they did when he was clearly losing his mind and no longer wanted to be in the army. I blame his fellow officers who covered for him and didn't initiate the process for discharging him.

Agreed, but his act was still based on his religion and culture

The tragedy of Nidal Hassan was that the Army kept him as long as they did when he was clearly losing his mind and no longer wanted to be in the army. I blame his fellow officers who covered for him and didn't initiate the process for discharging him.

No, his act was based on he was crazy.

No one is saying Batman comics are evil because Holmes thought he was the Joker.

are they being deported because they are Christian?......or because they are Illegals,some with a criminal record....which is it Sallow?.....

:lol:

So is this German Family.

So everyone is happy!

:clap2:

that is not what you were implying about the Mexicans....pretty good Fox news like spin....

I'm "implying" that the whole thing is zany.

This family is certainly not in any danger..and that the rage against deporting them is ludicrious.

And there are people that come here who certainly are in danger..and from countries like Mexico and Guatemala, that most of you folks tag as illegals..instead of what they really are, which are people seeking asylum.

Your priorities are really screwy on this issue.

But am living in today's world, and dealing with today's reality

But the problem is you want to include terrorism and exclude wars
Give me some wars started in my life time based on the culture of Christianity. I guess you think we went into VietNam to force Jesus on the VC.

No, his act was based on he was crazy.

No one is saying Batman comics are evil because Holmes thought he was the Joker.

Nah, if he was just crazy, he would have been yelling something a little different while mowing down his fellow soldiers. I guess you think the 9-11 terrorists were just "crazy" too. You are just naive my friend.

Give me some wars started in my life time based on the culture of Christianity. I guess you think we went into VietNam to force Jesus on the VC.

Okay... let's look at that.

Since you want to FURTHER Cherry pick your data to exclude not only most of history...

Let's look at modern wars.

We've killed at a minimum 100,000 Iraqis and perhaps as many as a million in what President Bush called a "Crusade"... because he listened to a "higher father" than his own father who had the good sense to not go Bahgdad.

We have people in the world in countries facing genocide
People facing starvation and disease
People denied the right to vote or a fair trial

And conservatives take up the cause of a German couple demanding asylum because they can't homeschool their kid

Most Mexicans are Christian.

And they're being deported in droves.

Where's your outrage? Eh?

are they being deported because they are Christian?......or because they are Illegals,some with a criminal record....which is it Sallow?.....

This German family isn't being deported because it's Christian. It's being deported because it doesn't meet the requirements for asylum (so, they are here illegally).
i wasn't referring to them.....Sallow implied that Christian Mexicans are being deported in droves.....

:lol:

So is this German Family.

So everyone is happy!

:clap2:

that is not what you were implying about the Mexicans....pretty good Fox news like spin....

I'm "implying" that the whole thing is zany.

This family is certainly not in any danger..and that the rage against deporting them is ludicrious.

And there are people that come here who certainly are in danger..and from countries like Mexico and Guatemala, that most of you folks tag as illegals..instead of what they really are, which are people seeking asylum.

Your priorities are really screwy on this issue.

that's a pretty small number Sallow.....just about any "Illegal" i have talked to and asked why did you come here?......their answer is usually.....have you ever been to where i came from?..... or you know what it is like in my Country....would not you try and get your family out?......a great majority of them would never have thought of leaving if the violence wasn't as it is now....and a whole bunch would go back if the Drug Cartel was exterminated....

Since you want to FURTHER Cherry pick your data to exclude not only most of history...

We've killed at a minimum 100,000 Iraqis and perhaps as many as a million in what President Bush called a "Crusade"... because he listened to a "higher father" than his own father who had the good sense to not go Bahgdad.

What on earth does that have to do with Christianity? What happened to the common arguements by the MSM and the left. They say it was WMDs? They say it was oil? They say it was revenge? You say he was doing it in the name of religion? You are straying and stretching... but nice try.

And conservatives take up the cause of a German couple demanding asylum because they can't homeschool their kid

The problem is they came here legally in 2008 and granted asylum, and now obama wants them gone. unlike the criminals that obama wants to give citizenship to.

so when did Liberals take up the causes of the people in those other Countries you mention above RW?.....

......and they still are....

People facing starvation and disease.....and they still are.....

Hold the phone! Now if there's a fundamental right for gays to get married, and some forieign country doesn't allow em to do that ......

WE'RE GONNA BE OVERRUN BY GAYS IN LOVE!

Not exactly the "whole story".

They aren't facing deportation for home schooling. Figures it's from Fox media.

The family is trying to claim asylum status because home schooling is illegal in Germany.

Home schooling isn't a "fundamental right".

German home-school parents appeal asylum ruling

Uwe and Hannelore Romeike (roh-MEYE-kee) claim in court documents that German schools are anti-Christian and the couple believe God wants them to teach their children at home.

Germany's government requires students to attend a state-approved school, and parents who violate the law can face fines, jail and possible custody loss.

and

The U.S. government said in court documents the Romeikes did not belong to any particular Christian denomination and described the parents' objections to the government-approved schools as vague.

For instance, Uwe Romeike claimed a textbook "featured a story suggesting that 'the devil can help you if you ask the devil, but God would not help you,'" the government said. But he could not recall the title of the story or its author.

Romeike also claimed the schools taught witchcraft based on a game played by classmates of his wife when she was in the seventh grade "that involved pushing chairs and glasses around, and dangling a pendulum."

Frankly, the family sounds a bit whacko, but count on the Home School Defense League to take up their case.
The family initially was granted asylum by U.S. Immigration Judge Lawrence Burman in Memphis in 2010. He concluded that "the (German) government is attempting to enforce this Nazi-era law against people that it purely seems to detest because of their desire to keep their children out of school."

On appeal, the Board of Immigration Appeals found Burman's assertion to be erroneous, and stated the record did not support the "inflammatory suggestion that it is a Nazi-era law."

Seriously....is this really an asylum case? And, who's to say that they, and their 5 children aren't using our welfare system? Who's supporting them?

It's 6 children, and they wouldn't be here if the court hadn't granted them asylum in the first place. They bought a farm, I seriously doubt they are on the welfare system. Pretty much only the big corporate farms receive federal subsidies this day, driving the family farmers out of business. <but that's for another thread>

Let the Germans start picking some tomatoes and maybe we let them stay

What on earth does that have to do with Christianity? What happened to the common arguements by the MSM and the left. They say it was WMDs? They say it was oil? They say it was revenge? You say he was doing it in the name of religion? You are straying and stretching... but nice try.

No more than blaming a "religion" for people attacking folks who are occupying their countries.

Why? If you think those things are about religion, you are whacked.

Here's the concept you don't understand.

When Osama Bin Laden was killing Russians in Afghanistan, he was a "Freedom Fighter", and we gave him weapons to do so.

When Osama Bin Laden was killing Americans in New York City, he was a terrorist and we killed his ass. (Eventually.)

It's kind of silly for us to whine about dozens killed in terrorist attacks when we kill hundreds of thousands in invasions that follow.

Here is the concept I don't understand?

Try this one on for size, bin Laden funneled his own money into the Mujaheddin, we did not pay him anything.

Want to try that one again?

Forum List

Back