Christian family facing deportation for homeschooling

Christian family facing deportation for homeschooling | Fox News Video

But he is A OK for all those illegal mexicans to stay here and use all our welfare system!!! Is it because they are white!

Most Mexicans are Christian.

And they're being deported in droves.

Where's your outrage? Eh?

are they being deported because they are Christian?......or because they are Illegals,some with a criminal record....which is it Sallow?.....

Typical Fauxrageousness

Poutrage.

And for that, these people should be given asylum which is denied people in far more real dangers?

Go figure.

Fauxrageous:

1. Telling a half truth of a story and spinning the rest, then pretending it caused shock or indignation by exceeding the bounds of what is reasonable, when in fact, the whole story is hidden.

correct me if i am wrong, but aren't home schooled kids tested the same as children who attend public schools?
would like an answer to this question. But i don't i will get it.

Yup. They have to meet certain benchmarks (at least in the US).

SO, this comment would also be true for children home schooled?
A well educated and socialized workforce is in the public interest..and done for the public good.

And that "right" is not being infringed upon.
Yes it is.

Uh....explain to me how exactly they aren't able to teach their values? Does the child spend 24 hours 7 days a week in a school? Are parents incapable of talking to their children and discussing the merits and cons of what they are learning (if so they have no business home schooling)? Are their "values" so fragile they can not withstand the scrutiny of daylight?

How many times have social services been called to the home of a child who has hard core Christian values?
Plus public school is an outside influence

But he is A OK for all those illegal mexicans to stay here and use all our welfare system!!! Is it because they are white!

are they being deported because they are Christian?......or because they are Illegals,some with a criminal record....which is it Sallow?.....

:lol:

So is this German Family.

So everyone is happy!

:clap2:

There are good values to be learned in Christianity, Islam, Judaism....and, frankly in secular philosophy.

There are also questionable values that spring from those same fonts.

Portions of the ten commandments are portions of an almost universal golden rule.

The Christian bible is full of nasty violence (which is funny since Biblical Law is essentially no different than Sharia law).

Agreed, but the difference is today's teaching and practices. I don't see Christian churches today teaching that women are inferior, and stoning unfaithful young girls.

They exist. Look up Dominionists and Reconstructionists. Look at Christian Churches in other countries. Look at the Magdalene laundry scandals for how "fallen women" were treated by the Christian Church. Point is - the stuff is right there in the OT and NT.

You can spin it anyway you want... there is a big difference in where young people get their influence. Who is more likely to succeed vs go to jail? A kid spending most of the day playing violent video games, Obeying Sharia Law, and handing on the streets at night, or a kid growing up in a Christian family and goes to Sunday School. I'd take the latter anyday.. (as long as some pervert Catholic priest doesn't get a hold of him) LOL..

I'm not spinning anything. Sharia law varies in how it's practiced and interpreted and in many areas it applies only to civil law not criminal law. Like the Bible, the Koran has many beneficial passages that encourage compassion, charity, honesty, etc. And, like any religion a kid growing up in a Christian family and going to Sunday School can learn to hate just as easily as to love.

You are missing the point and spinning again, Sure , anyone can learn to hate... but I don't see Christians flying planes into bulidings, stoning women, and treating them like chattel. And the kids that stay inside playing violent video games, or hang on the streets are the ones ending up in jail, not the ones attending Sunday School. Try to face reality instead of spinning.

Agreed, but the difference is today's teaching and practices. I don't see Christian churches today teaching that women are inferior, and stoning unfaithful young girls.

They exist. Look up Dominionists and Reconstructionists. Look at Christian Churches in other countries. Look at the Magdalene laundry scandals for how "fallen women" were treated by the Christian Church. Point is - the stuff is right there in the OT and NT.

You can spin it anyway you want... there is a big difference in where young people get their influence. Who is more likely to succeed vs go to jail? A kid spending most of the day playing violent video games, Obeying Sharia Law, and handing on the streets at night, or a kid growing up in a Christian family and goes to Sunday School. I'd take the latter anyday.. (as long as some pervert Catholic priest doesn't get a hold of him) LOL..

I'm not spinning anything. Sharia law varies in how it's practiced and interpreted and in many areas it applies only to civil law not criminal law. Like the Bible, the Koran has many beneficial passages that encourage compassion, charity, honesty, etc. And, like any religion a kid growing up in a Christian family and going to Sunday School can learn to hate just as easily as to love.

You are missing the point and spinning again, Sure , anyone can learn to hate... but I don't see Christians flying planes into bulidings, stoning women, and treating them like chattel. And the kids that stay inside playing violent video games, or hang on the streets are the ones ending up in jail, not the ones attending Sunday School. Try to face reality instead of spinning.

I don't see most Muslims flying planes into buildings, stoning women or treating them like chattel.

So what's your point?

This German family isn't being deported because it's Christian. It's being deported because it doesn't meet the requirements for asylum (so, they are here illegally).

would like an answer to this question. But i don't i will get it.

Yup. They have to meet certain benchmarks (at least in the US).

SO, this comment would also be true for children home schooled?
A well educated and socialized workforce is in the public interest..and done for the public good.

It would be true for any children who receive a quality education that meets national standards.

Not exactly the "whole story".

They aren't facing deportation for home schooling. Figures it's from Fox media.

The family is trying to claim asylum status because home schooling is illegal in Germany.

Home schooling isn't a "fundamental right".

German home-school parents appeal asylum ruling

Uwe and Hannelore Romeike (roh-MEYE-kee) claim in court documents that German schools are anti-Christian and the couple believe God wants them to teach their children at home.

Germany's government requires students to attend a state-approved school, and parents who violate the law can face fines, jail and possible custody loss.
and

The U.S. government said in court documents the Romeikes did not belong to any particular Christian denomination and described the parents' objections to the government-approved schools as vague.

For instance, Uwe Romeike claimed a textbook "featured a story suggesting that 'the devil can help you if you ask the devil, but God would not help you,'" the government said. But he could not recall the title of the story or its author.

Romeike also claimed the schools taught witchcraft based on a game played by classmates of his wife when she was in the seventh grade "that involved pushing chairs and glasses around, and dangling a pendulum."
Frankly, the family sounds a bit whacko, but count on the Home School Defense League to take up their case.
The family initially was granted asylum by U.S. Immigration Judge Lawrence Burman in Memphis in 2010. He concluded that "the (German) government is attempting to enforce this Nazi-era law against people that it purely seems to detest because of their desire to keep their children out of school."

On appeal, the Board of Immigration Appeals found Burman's assertion to be erroneous, and stated the record did not support the "inflammatory suggestion that it is a Nazi-era law."
Seriously....is this really an asylum case? And, who's to say that they, and their 5 children aren't using our welfare system? Who's supporting them?

In Germany free speech is not protected, that does not make it not a fundamental right.

Just saying.

I don't see most Muslims flying planes into buildings, stoning women or treating them like chattel.

So what's your point?

Of course not, but what culture is doing those things?

26 February 1993 – World Trade Center bombing, in New York City. 6 killed.
13 March 1993 – 1993 Bombay bombings. Mumbai, India. 257 dead, 713 injured.
6 April 1994 – Afula Bus suicide bombing, Afula. 8 dead
13 April 1994 – Hadera bus station suicide bombing, Hadera. 5 dead
19 October 1994 – Dizengoff Street bus bombing, Tel Aviv. 22 dead
24 December 1994 – Air France Flight 8969 hijacking in Algiers by 3 members of Armed Islamic Group of Algeria and another terrorist. 7 killed including 4 hijackers.
24 July 1995 – Ramat Gan bus 20 bombing, Ramat Gan. 6 dead
21 August 1995 – Ramat Eshkol bus bombing, Jerusalem. 4 dead
25 February and 3 March 1996 – Jaffa Road bus bombings, Jerusalem. 45 dead, 55 injured
March 4, 1996 – Dizengoff Center suicide bombing, Tel Aviv. 13 dead
25 June 1996 – Khobar Towers bombing, 20 killed, 372 wounded.
21 March 1997 – Café Apropo bombing, Tel Aviv. 3 dead
30 July 1997 – 1997 Mahane Yehuda Market Bombings, Jerusalem. 16 dead
4 September 1997 – Ben Yehuda Street Bombing, Jerusalem. 5 dead
17 November 1997 – Luxor attack, 6 armed Islamic terrorists attack tourists at Egypts famous Luxor Ruins. 62 killed, 26 injured.
14 February 1998 – Bombing in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India. 13 bombs explode within a 12 km radius. 46 killed and over 200 injured.
7 August 1998 – 1998 United States embassy bombings in Tanzania and Kenya. 224 dead. 4000+ injured.
4–16 September 1999 – The Russian apartment bombings were a series of explosions that hit four apartment blocks in the Russian cities of Buynaksk, Moscow, and Volgodonsk. The explosions occurred in Buynaksk on 4 September, Moscow on 9 and 13 September, and Volgodonsk on 16 September. 293 dead, 1000+ injured. Several other bombs were defused in Moscow at the time.[2]

need we go on ?

Why? If you think those things are about religion, you are whacked.

Here's the concept you don't understand.

When Osama Bin Laden was killing Russians in Afghanistan, he was a "Freedom Fighter", and we gave him weapons to do so.

When Osama Bin Laden was killing Americans in New York City, he was a terrorist and we killed his ass. (Eventually.)

It's kind of silly for us to whine about dozens killed in terrorist attacks when we kill hundreds of thousands in invasions that follow.

[

Agreed, but the difference is today's teaching and practices. I don't see Christian churches today teaching that women are inferior, and stoning unfaithful young girls. You can spin it anyway you want... there is a big difference in where young people get their influence. Who is more likely to succeed vs go to jail? A kid spending most of the day playing violent video games, Obeying Sharia Law, and handing on the streets at night, or a kid growing up in a Christian family and goes to Sunday School. I'd take the latter anyday.. (as long as some pervert Catholic priest doesn't get a hold of him) LOL..

If a kid is obeying Sharia law, he probably isn't playing violent video games or handing out on the street at night. (Did you mean "Hanging" out on the street?)

But your logic is that Christians aren't assholes like the Muslims because they actually ignore the crazy shit in their holy book. (Incidently, so do most of the world's Muslims.)

Frankly, since most of the folks you find in the technical sections of most companies are from that part of the world, I'd say they have more of a chance of succeeding than some inbred bible thumping moron going to sunday school who grows up thinking that there aren't any dinosaurs because Noah couldn't fit them on the ark.

What do you think Nidal Hasan was yelling while slaughtering US soldiers in a terrorist attack? The mindless will tell you it was workplace violence, and he was singing.. "have a nice day". Don't be so naive. It is all about their culture based on their religion

But your logic is that Christians aren't assholes like the Muslims because they actually ignore the crazy shit in their holy book. (Incidently, so do most of the world's Muslims.)

Both have plenty of assholes, but one culture certainly breeds more violence.

What do you think Nidal Hasan was yelling while slaughtering US soldiers in a terrorist attack? The mindless will tell you it was workplace violence, and he was singing.. "have a nice day". Don't be so naive. It is all about their culture based on their religion

The tragedy of Nidal Hassan was that the Army kept him as long as they did when he was clearly losing his mind and no longer wanted to be in the army. I blame his fellow officers who covered for him and didn't initiate the process for discharging him.

Crazy people will always find an excuse for acting crazy, whether it be religion or environmentalism or even a Batman Movie.

Whether it be Hasan or Cho or Lanza or Holmes, the two things we always find out about these guys..

1) They were crazy, and everyone around them knew it.
2) It was waaaaay to easy for them to acquire a gun, anyway.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back