Christians Celebrated Christs Birth prior to Constantine

I don't think we need to "make ourselves feel better". I celebrate Christmas because I like tacky Christmas decorations and the excuse to.give presents to.my kids and such.

Okay, this is Dec. 1st. Watch and see what happens, then. Watch these boards and other boards and see what whiny atheists do. Your Christmas is pagan, your Jesus Christ wasn't real and blah blah blah. Why so threatened atheists? And why so rude, too.

Just watch.
Secure in your beliefs, my friend.
You would not have to blah and blah about it if you did a little reading. It is a pagan celebration.

Then have your pagan celebration. By sure to sacrifice a child or two every few years.
Paganism does not sacrifice people any more than christianity does, perhaps even less so since they don't pretend to drink blood and eat flesh at every communion.

You are wrong about so many things here. And these are just the Celts. How many do you want?

Here’s the short answer: yes, the Celts do appear to have performed human sacrifice as part of their religious rituals. And, since the Druids were the religious/scholar/priestly social class, they almost certainly would have participated in human sacrifices, and probably officiated at them.

We have three sorts of data regarding Celtic human sacrifices. We have the words of Classical Greek and Roman writers, usually with a political agenda, and often reporting hearsay (Strabo for instance, was repeating the observations of the earlier no longer extant author Poseidonius), we have a few references in medieval Irish texts, primarily in the mythological tales, and we have archaeological data that is increasingly important.

Did the Celts or Druids Perform Human Sacrifice?
I'm talking about now.

Lol, I am a Christian and pro-Christmas.

Maybe you should read the post prior to responding to it?

The article is titled "Christmas Controversies", and yes, I read it. And yes, both the wiki article and this thread had already turned into one wherein atheists attempt to make themselves feel better about celebrating Christmas.

Atheists have to make themselves feel better about celebrating Xmas? Or do they react to the multitude of people saying they can't or shouldn't?

Many atheists make a year's worth of crusade out of being anti-Christian, but when December rolls around, sure enough want to celebrate Christmas. It might be a normal thing to ask THOSE atheists what they're about, but I imagine this only happens online, in forums such as this. I imagine it never happens to live-and-let-live atheists. Just as I imagine most Christians, like myself, do not care one whit if atheists celebrate Christmas. As I have said, we just don't want them telling us what OUR HOLIDAY is about, as this seems a common courtesy.

Or it used to be a common courtesy, anyhow.
So you angry, whiny Christians stole it from pagans, and atheists stole it form you. Cry me a river.
You might want to be careful FFI. They just might double down and cost that much more?
or we just keep ignoring you except when you gerrt crosses removed from our graveyards, ban local bible studies and act like general ass hats.

The article is titled "Christmas Controversies", and yes, I read it. And yes, both the wiki article and this thread had already turned into one wherein atheists attempt to make themselves feel better about celebrating Christmas.

Atheists have to make themselves feel better about celebrating Xmas? Or do they react to the multitude of people saying they can't or shouldn't?

Many atheists make a year's worth of crusade out of being anti-Christian, but when December rolls around, sure enough want to celebrate Christmas. It might be a normal thing to ask THOSE atheists what they're about, but I imagine this only happens online, in forums such as this. I imagine it never happens to live-and-let-live atheists. Just as I imagine most Christians, like myself, do not care one whit if atheists celebrate Christmas. As I have said, we just don't want them telling us what OUR HOLIDAY is about, as this seems a common courtesy.

Or it used to be a common courtesy, anyhow.
So you angry, whiny Christians stole it from pagans, and atheists stole it form you. Cry me a river.
You might want to be careful FFI. They just might double down and cost that much more?
or we just keep ignoring you except when you gerrt crosses removed from our graveyards, ban local bible studies and act like general ass hats.
WASP fantasy..

Progressives prefer to worship the federal government/deep state

Forum List

Back