Christians Don’t Understand Their Own Dogma

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
The concept of the trinity wasn't invented until 325 ce

Concepts such as the Trinity are so nonsensical that there is no agreement on how it actually even works. Even within Protestantism, different denominations can’t come to a single agreement on how it works. And those that do ascribe to a particular interpretation are generally unable to explain it. Explain in layman’s terms what it means for the Son to be eternally begotten and for the Spirit to eternally proceed. It’s complete nonsense, and even theologians have to throw their hands up and call it a mystery that no one can ever understand. And if they don’t understand it, they must not truly believe it, because it is impossible to believe in something one doesn’t even understand.

Even Christians Know Their Beliefs Are Nonsense

Concepts such as the Trinity are so nonsensical that there is no agreement on how it actually even works. Even within Protestantism, different denominations can’t come to a single agreement on how it works. And those that do ascribe to a particular interpretation are generally unable to explain it. Explain in layman’s terms what it means for the Son to be eternally begotten and for the Spirit to eternally proceed. It’s complete nonsense, and even theologians have to throw their hands up and call it a mystery that no one can ever understand. And if they don’t understand it, they must not truly believe it, because it is impossible to believe in something one doesn’t even understand.

Thanks for sharing Justin Paul Walter's opinion piece, guno. It was a nice fluffy read. Regarding #3, for what it's worth, I don't think (most) non Christians are evil.

Why should Christians bother to try to understand anything at all when they have YOU to explain everything to them?

Thanks for sharing Justin Paul Walter's opinion piece, guno. For what it's worth, I don't think (most) non Christians are evil.

I don't think that he suggested that Christians are evil, just confused.

If they weren't why would they profess a belief in something that cannot be explained rationally much less understood?

A three in one god diddled a virgin to become fully human without a human father, a god made man made matzo made by human hands and all that.

see what I mean?

stevey wonder christian - Bing video

One notes that the OP's obsession with all things Christ continues.

Thanks for sharing Justin Paul Walter's opinion piece, guno. For what it's worth, I don't think (most) non Christians are evil.

If they weren't why would they profess a belief in something that cannot be explained rationally much less understood?

A three in one god diddled a virgin to become fully human without a human father, a god made man made matzo made by human hands and all that.

see what I mean?
I read the article. I understood Walter's point. You wasted your diddle.

There's something you may not realize about us Christians that kept you from understanding my response. That is, most of us have a sense of humor.

Last edited:

see what I mean?
I read the article. You don't need to explain it. And you certainly didn't have to be a jerk about it.
There's something you may not realize about us Christians that kept you from understanding my response. That is, most of us have a sense of humor.

Thats a relief. I was beginning to suspect that embarrassment was resulting in obstinate stupidity, not humor.

Maybe one day guno's eyes will be opened to that fact that Jesus really is the messiah, in spite of the Roman perversions of him that you believe, , and then he will have a good laugh at himself too.

Believers laughing, unbelievers laughing, everyone having a good chuckle.

Forum List

Back