Christians need to know the difference between acceptance and tolerance

In our modern world, Christians have to understand that they are a prominent religion, but not the only religion. Religion is a choice, but there should not be campaigning like "Tebowing". Also, Christians should not thrust their views on anyone. I've never seen any Jewish people thrusting their religion on people.

So you are saying a football player cant bow a knee in prayer or thanks to his creator.. in public view?

Who is being intolerant now?

Last I checked no one was trying to force people to convert to Christianity and no one was trying to force people to get gay married.

Not the point of the thread.

The point is that tolerance and acceptance are two very different things but have come to mean the same thing to some

I agree,, some people do get them confused.

I don't have to like or accept your personal beliefs.

In our modern world, Christians have to understand that they are a prominent religion, but not the only religion. Religion is a choice, but there should not be campaigning like "Tebowing". Also, Christians should not thrust their views on anyone. I've never seen any Jewish people thrusting their religion on people.

You never dated a Jew have you?

I did and because I was not a nice Jewish boy, her parents made life very hard for her.

I had a Jewish friend who married a Catholic and his parents still call her Shiska.

Jews are not good examples of tolerance either.

Last I checked no one was trying to force people to convert to Christianity and no one was trying to force people to get gay married.

No... the left just wants Christians to start endorsing their sex habits and to endorse gay marriage.

If you don't believe me...
Look at how Dan Cathy was treated by several liberal Democratic mayors… it was un-American what those men did to him.

Its not enough to accept it and to tolerate it...
No one wants to force you to endorse gay marriage.

The left is going to be quite happy to force others to accept same sex marriage as legal though. Get rid of anti discrimination laws and no one would have a problem with same sex marriage.

They are not the fucking same, I don't have to accept Christians and Christian behavior in order to be tolerant of it. If I don't harass, bother, discriminate, or physically assault anyone and treat them with respect when I do have to interact with them I am being tolerant. Get over it and stop trying to force people to accept your bullshit.

Clearly Ravi does not know much about Christians as she is lumping the whole group into one pot. As with any organization we have both good and bad. Churches give God a bad name. Christians come in all sizes, shapes, cultures and back ground, some good some bad. God only requries one thing from us, an acceptance of Jesus as the savior for our sign. He does ask that we show this acceptance and tolerance of other is one of the way.

I did and because I was not a nice Jewish boy, her parents made life very hard for her.

I had a Jewish friend who married a Catholic and his parents still call her Shiska.

What did she do to not be a shiksa anymore? Did she convert?

A shiksa is a non-Jewish woman.

What did she do to not be a shiksa anymore? Did she convert?

A shiksa is a non-Jewish woman.

I've heard the way they call her Shiska and there is no doubt in the world that it is being used as a derogatory.

" Here come Ari and the shiska"

Quite frankly I don't know why she puts up with it or why her husband doesn't tell his parents to go fuck themselves if they can't respect his wife.

Last edited:

The left is going to be quite happy to force others to accept same sex marriage as legal though. Get rid of anti discrimination laws and no one would have a problem with same sex marriage.

As legal? Hell yes.

No one will force you to accept it as moral, but you don't get to tell people they can't have the same legal rights as you simply because you don't agree with homosexuality.

They are not the fucking same, I don't have to accept Christians and Christian behavior in order to be tolerant of it. If I don't harass, bother, discriminate, or physically assault anyone and treat them with respect when I do have to interact with them I am being tolerant. Get over it and stop trying to force people to accept your bullshit.

Odd..

The dictionary uses "acceptance" as the definition of tolerance...

define tolerant - Bing DICTIONARY

1. accepting different views: accepting the differing views of other people, e.g. in religious or political matters, and treating the people who hold these different views fairly

Odd..

The dictionary uses "acceptance" as the definition of tolerance...

define tolerant - Bing DICTIONARY

1. accepting different views: accepting the differing views of other people, e.g. in religious or political matters, and treating the people who hold these different views fairly
That isn't how it was meant, however. And I'm not really sure how it was originally meant as I am merely aping a homophobic bigot's thread.

I took it to mean that accept meant "welcome with open arms" while tolerate meant "hold your nose and look the other way and not say anything."

[==

I'm perfectly fine if people want to wear religious symbols or of some football player wants to thank god for every touch down.

*shrug*

As long as they aren't asking me to join in, they can do as they please.

We are asking you too. Of course, you're free not to.

But according to the logic of some, asking you is some sort of huge offense.

Kind of like those little crosses Christians wear around their necks? Or Tebowing....don't get me started. :eusa_hand:

I'm perfectly fine if people want to wear religious symbols or of some football player wants to thank god for every touch down.

*shrug*

Exactly. That's how it should be.

You are invited to join it as well.

I dont think we are under any sort of delusion that we are the only religion. Otherwise our missionary efforts are pretty darn stupid.

And if Tebow wants to honor God his own way, he is free to do so.

It's fine if you have one
It's fine if you're proud of it
But please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around
And please don't try to shove it down my throat.

Kind of like those little crosses Christians wear around their necks? Or Tebowing....don't get me started. :eusa_hand:

What's offensive about little crosses worn around peoples' necks?

It's fine if you have one
It's fine if you're proud of it
But please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around
And please don't try to shove it down my throat.

*shrug*

I feel the same way about same gender couples.

As legal? Hell yes.

No one will force you to accept it as moral, but you don't get to tell people they can't have the same legal rights as you simply because you don't agree with homosexuality.

silly me. I thought we lived in a Free Republic. Thanks for correctly me on this.

Forum List

Back