🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Christians threaten U.S.; Supreme Court better listen or else

Christian leaders have signed a pledge promising "not to obey" the law if the Supreme Court rules that gay marriage should be legal.

“We’re sending a warning to the Supreme Court and frankly any court that crosses the line on the issue of marriage,” Staver told me.

We will not obey Christian leaders threaten civil disobedience if Supreme Court legalizes gay marriage Fox News

It seems these Christian leaders are demanding the right to treat gay people as second class citizens, or they'll threaten the stability of our nation.

If religion becomes enough justification to discriminate against an entire group of people, what else can it be used for? Who will be discriminated against next?
So when blacks refuse to follow the law in places like Ferguson and Baltimore that is ok But let Christians do it and it threatens the Government and the whole Country right?
False dichotomy. And I think you will find it pretty difficult to find someone who said it is okay for blacks to riot.

1zq8y1v.jpg

This is me, with my not obeying face on. Rawrrrr...

Christian leaders have signed a pledge promising "not to obey" the law if the Supreme Court rules that gay marriage should be legal.

“We’re sending a warning to the Supreme Court and frankly any court that crosses the line on the issue of marriage,” Staver told me.

We will not obey Christian leaders threaten civil disobedience if Supreme Court legalizes gay marriage Fox News

It seems these Christian leaders are demanding the right to treat gay people as second class citizens, or they'll threaten the stability of our nation.

If religion becomes enough justification to discriminate against an entire group of people, what else can it be used for? Who will be discriminated against next?
So when blacks refuse to follow the law in places like Ferguson and Baltimore that is ok But let Christians do it and it threatens the Government and the whole Country right?
The right to protest unjust laws apparently only belongs to black people.

Well that's the wildest stretch I've ever seen anyone post before.

I'm not religious, but I will not recognize gay marriages as being legitimate.
Fine. As long as the state does. :thup:
So if the state recognizes same sex marriage but the people don't what have you really won?

Equality.
Not really. Even if hypothetically there is a right to equality there is no power to force others to treat you with equality. There is no law telling people they must change their minds.

This is just what happened with black civil rights and abortion. There might be a right to interracial marriage but no real way to make individuals accept it.

These leaders are heretical spokespersons for the heretical far right right reactionary denominations, who are in the small minority in Christianity much less in the American public.

I'm not religious, but I will not recognize gay marriages as being legitimate.
Fine. As long as the state does. :thup:
So if the state recognizes same sex marriage but the people don't what have you really won?

Equality.
Not really. Even if hypothetically there is a right to equality there is no power to force others to treat you with equality. There is no law telling people they must change their minds.

This is just what happened with black civil rights and abortion. There might be a right to interracial marriage but no real way to make individuals accept it.

As long as the state recognizes the equality, that is all that matters. No one is saying that everyone has to LIKE anything.

Its the last gasp of the rightwing white self entitled christian savages , they are being marginalized by the day and they know their world is coming to an end

Christian leaders have signed a pledge promising "not to obey" the law

These parasitic vermin's churches should be taxed like any other business

Any law which does not serve justice is invalid law and no American is obligated to so much as recognize, let alone obey invalid law.

And there I no potential for the service of justice in le which rejects reality, this truth. And there is no truth in the profanity which holds that sexual deviancy is normal, sound and something which serves to sustain a viable individual or culture.

The line has been drawn demon and evil is not going to stood up in this country as anything but ehat it is... the purveyor of chaos, calamity, death and destruction.

And Americans will not consent to be governed by it.

Any law which does not serve justice is invalid law and no American is obligated to so much as recognize, let alone obey invalid law.

And there I no potential for the service of justice in le which rejects reality, this truth. And there is no truth in the profanity which holds that sexual deviancy is normal, sound and something which serves to sustain a viable individual or culture.

The line has been drawn demon and evil is not going to stood up in this country as anything but ehat it is... the purveyor of chaos, calamity, death and destruction.

Exactly. This is why fundamentalist Christian shiira type laws are being reject by the vast majority of freedom loving Americans. They refuse to allow those who distort and abuse the Christian religion to continue to subvert freedom and liberty.

Exactly. This is why fundamentalist Christian shiira type laws are being reject by the vast majority of freedom loving Americans. They refuse to allow those who distort and abuse the Christian religion to continue to subvert freedom and liberty.

Yes... Christians refusing to accept laws based upon fraud is tantamount to Islamic sharia law...

ROFLMNAO ... You 'people' are helpless.

'He said that once same-sex marriage is elevated to the level of protected status – it will transform the face of society and will result in the “beginning of the end of Western Civilization.”'

Truly ignorant, moronic hyperbole.

And what's ridiculous about this 'pledge' is that should the Court rule in a manner upholding the 14th Amendment right of same-sex couples to access marriage law, the ruling will in no way adversely effect these individuals, as Constitutional case law applies solely to government and the public sector, not private persons or organizations, who remain at liberty to practice and exhibit their ignorance, fear, and hate of gay Americans.

Yes... Christians refusing to accept laws based upon fraud is tantamount to Islamic sharia law...

ROFLMNAO ... You 'people' are helpless.
I was talking about the fundamentalist who falsely represent they speak for Christianity, the way you do. You don't speak for Christianity. You are speaking for a small faction that has given a specific interpretation of a belief in a fractured religion. You want folks to believe you speak for Christianity as a whole, and you don't. The faction you represent has more in common with Westboro Baptist than it does with most other Christian denominations and doctrines.

You almost gotta laugh if it wasn't so indicative of the prog approach to civil rights. They are burning cars and looting businesses and throwing bricks at Law enforcement in Baltimore and the progs are worried that perhaps the Christian Right might not go along with a potential Supreme Court decision about sodomy.

Have fun rallying unarmed libbies to defend the faggots when you can't even rally them to put down violent riots in libbie cities like Ferguson and Baltimore. Seems it always the men with firearms experience and possession that have to clean up the mess that Progs and Libbies leave behind.

Last edited:
You almost gotta laugh if it wasn't so indicative of the prog approach to civil rights. They are burning cars and looting businesses and throwing bricks at Law enforcement in Baltimore and the progs are worried that perhaps the Christian Right might not go along with a potential Supreme Court decision about sodomy.

Is the SCOTUS issue about sodomy? I thought that was settled. Straight people can commit all the sodomy they want.

What is it about progs? The world is going to hell in a handbasket and they are rioting in Baltimore but the threat seems to be centered around the incredibly idiotic notion that Christians are "threatening the Supreme Court" over homosexual marriage.

Forum List

Back