Christmas dinner menu for 2023.

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
This Christmas is special. It will just be Bonzi and I :clap:
We had "Christmas" Thursday (21st) with my two kids and our grandchildren.
So just the two of us.... :)

I splurged big time and got some wild Alaska Salmon. With that some Jasmine rice and asparagus tips.

Oh and I am making Angel Food cake with blueberries.

1890s

ce4ac18171a767d0e304bc35994801f6.jpg

Recently got into baking, which I avoided for years.
Angel Food cake is a little tricky, but not too bad. The secret is using cake flour and all ingredients at room temperature first. Using A/P flour and cold eggs will result in sponge cake, rather than a light/fluffy Angel Food cake.

New Mexico holiday meals are often burritos, enchiladas, tacos, taquitas, posole, green chili stew and such. But my Aunt Betty is age 97 and her favorite meal of the year is the traditional Thanksgiving and Christmas traditional turkey, dressing, sweet potatoes, pumpkin pie and such so that's what we'll do so long as she is with us and able to enjoy it.

My traditional is lamb, mashed potatoes, lima beans. Usually add green beans for any weirdos who don't like lima beans.

The Forum Outcasts will be sharing roasted Palestinian babies washed down with a 2023 Recanati Syrah from the Dead Sea .

Single woman with no family locally, so I'll roast a chicken, make good gravy and maybe make pureed garlic parsnips, green beans home canned from this year's garden and a small crustless "pumpkin"pie made from my home grown butternut squash. Oh, yeah -- homemade and canned cranberries.

Ribs, Gumbo, Roast beef (filet), Eggplant lasagna, fried clams, mac and cheese, sausage and peppers, grilled veggies, salads, pies, cakes and cookies from the Pastry Chef in Tinton Falls NJ. We have a big family. Yum.

Ribs, Gumbo, Roast beef (filet), Eggplant lasagna, fried clams, mac and cheese, sausage and peppers, grilled veggies, salads, pies, cakes and cookies from the Pastry Chef in Tinton Falls NJ. We have a big family. Yum.

Yum indeed!

Forum List

Back