Christopher Wray The New Director/FBI

American_Jihad

Flaming Libs/Koranimals
May 1, 2012
I like the man already and he kind of looks like the Eliot Ness type...

TRUMP FBI PICK POISED FOR CONFIRMATION

Christopher Wray impresses even Democratic senators.
July 13, 2017

Joseph Klein
wray.jpg

Christopher Wray, President Trump's nominee to replace James Comey as FBI director, testified before the Senate Judiciary Committee at his confirmation hearing on Wednesday. He performed so well that key Democratic members of the committee such as Senator Dianne Feinstein said they were impressed and were inclined to vote for his confirmation. Senator Al Franken, a chronic skeptic of anything coming from the Trump administration, said to the nominee, “I think you had a good hearing today, and I wish you luck.”

Christopher Wray is eminently qualified for the position of FBI director, based both on his experience as well as his temperament. He served previously as a deputy attorney general in charge of the criminal division during President George W. Bush's administration. Prior to that, his public service included a stint as assistant U.S. attorney for the Northern District of Georgia, prosecuting individuals who committed a variety of crimes including bank robbery, gun trafficking, kidnapping and arson. Right after graduating from Yale Law School, he clerked for United States Court of Appeals Judge J. Michael Luttig, who described Mr. Wray as “balanced, thoughtful, deliberative” and “unflappable.”

The FBI director will have much more on his plate than the Russian investigation, which Special Counsel Mueller is now spearheading. He will oversee around 35,000 employees and 50,000 investigations each year, most of which have nothing to do with the 2016 election. While there was a sprinkling of questions on more general issues within the FBI’s purview such as cybersecurity, surveillance, child protection and immigration, the committee members’ focus on Russia and the firing of James Comey at times seemed more like grandstanding than honest questioning. Nevertheless, Christopher Wray acquitted himself superbly. He deserves unanimous support from the committee and a strong bipartisan vote to confirm on the Senate floor as soon as possible.

Trump FBI Pick Poised For Confirmation

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
Right he works on the wrong side of the gov now , I doubt the Dems are behind him.

Forum List

Back