Chrysler

true but it's the union workers we depend on to put all the parts on correctly.

I don't think the workers should have been awarded their jobs back. I am simply reminding people that many professions, some white collar, also deal with substance abusers on the job.

Any of us know what our medical doctors do at lunch? Surgeons? Pilots? Air traffic controllers? Waiters? Teachers? Mechanic? Cops? Judges? Parents?

Liquid lunches are quite the norm in many professions.

And, when discovered they are summarily fired. Unless they belong to a union, then being drunk and drugged out on the job is perfectly okay.

true but it's the union workers we depend on to put all the parts on correctly.

I don't think the workers should have been awarded their jobs back. I am simply reminding people that many professions, some white collar, also deal with substance abusers on the job.

Any of us know what our medical doctors do at lunch? Surgeons? Pilots? Air traffic controllers? Waiters? Teachers? Mechanic? Cops? Judges? Parents?

I could google and find many cases of non-union professionals being under the influence while at their jobs. The issue here is mainly why did these jerks get their jobs back. I am pretty certain being under the influence of booze or drugs is not allowed at this plant. The reasoning for the reinstatement does not make sense because it would mean that unpaid lunch breaks filled with drinking etc... surpass the don't be shitface while working rule.

OSHA should take issue with this safety issue but of course we are talking government bureaucracy there.

Dodge trucks by far surpass Ford and Chevy.

I pull and haul heavy loads weekly and of all the trucks I've had over the years the Ram was and still is the most reliable.

The 2013 Truck of the year also went to the Ram.

Years ago I had a brand new Eddie Bower edition Ford that lost a seal on the transmission the week I bought it. To make matters worse it happened while backing onto a customers brand new driveway.

And, when discovered they are summarily fired. Unless they belong to a union, then being drunk and drugged out on the job is perfectly okay.

Exactly right. I worked on Wall St. for 30 years. Although they aren't performing surgury after lunch, many are feeling no pain by the time they get back.

I pull and haul heavy loads weekly and of all the trucks I've had over the years the Ram was and still is the most reliable.

Years ago I had a brand new Eddie Bower edition Ford that lost a seal on the transmission the week I bought it. To make matters worse it happened while backing onto a customers brand new driveway.

RAM is the exception. Look at the quality of their passenger vehicles. Hopefully FIAT will turn it around but FIAT(Fix It Again Tony) isn't the greatest.

Maybe that's why Jeep had to open a plant in China. The Chinese wouldn't buy a dangerous American car.

I dislike both Jeep and Chrysler products.

Drinking or drugging or being under the influence while working likely happens in most large companies with some employees. The issue is really which companies allow these employees to keep their jobs after being busted like these morons were.

Ford trucks are the best selling vehicle of all time - I wonder why. I own 3, Fords. I will never buy a government motors or a Dodge.
This just shows that the unions have too much power - but it's declining :clap2::beer::dance:

Dodge trucks are by far the shittiest trucks on the road. Either Chevy or Ford is twice as reliable and last twice as long.

Union workers who drink beer at lunch....BAAAAD.

Executives who have a couple of cocktails with lunch...Oh, that's alright because they're not union.

Not surprisingly, it was a FOX outlet which stalked those guys and came up with the original story. I wonder why they haven't done a companion piece wherein they stalk management?

Hint: The GOP's response to losing the election is a coordinated assault on unions, across the country at every level of government, and FOX is doing it's part....naturally.

They need to change their motto from, "We report, you decide" to "We create the news, you believe it if you hate Obama."

Union workers who drink beer at lunch....BAAAAD.

Executives who have a couple of cocktails with lunch...Oh, that's alright because they're not union.

Not surprisingly, it was a FOX outlet which stalked those guys and came up with the original story. I wonder why they haven't done a companion piece wherein they stalk management?

Hint: The GOP's response to losing the election is a coordinated assault on unions, across the country at every level of government, and FOX is doing it's part....naturally.

They need to change their motto from, "We report, you decide" to "We create the news, you believe it if you hate Obama."

Both are bad but yeah I am puzzled over the anti-union crawling across these boards. I don't watch 24/7 news. Is Fox leading this anti-union cry?

Union leaderships are definitely pro-Democrat and encourage the support of all D candidates so the Rs being peeved at unions is to be expected. Both Rs and Ds piss on the various groups that they know they can't get the vote. Trouble is that not all unions have the same type of memberships. Many card carrying union members despise the current day Democrat party and will vote R or I do show that dissatisfication.

Their cars are shit anyway. Always at the bottom of the quality list.
Yup, I have two friends that have bought brand new Chrysler products. First one bought a new Dodge truck, had problems with it immediately. After a year of fighting with the dealer and the problems continued, he traded it in on a used Chevy truck. He likes the Chevy and hasn't had a single problem. Second friend bought a brand new 2010 Hemi Challenger. Transmission was crap so he was finally able to trade it in on another Challenger under the LEMON LAW, a 2011 with a 6 speed manual instead of the automatic, and now this new Challenger's tranny grinds gears when he shifts, and they can't seem to fix that.

I wouldn't own a fucking Chrysler if you gave it to me. I'd sell it and buy something else. Pretty obvious why their products are shit.

Change the Challenger's trans oil for a good synthetic (I recall it uses ATF). Common issue with the T-56 (Camaros, Firebirds, Corvettes, Vipers, and Mustang Cobras used the same gearbox) and an easy fix.

I had no issues with my Hemi Magnum in the 90,000 miles I put on it. Normal maintenance, a set each of tires & brakes...had three warranty fixes, all minor (seeping O-ring on the trans, bad finish on the wheels, rear defroster feeding back into the stereo), all taken care of at regular service stops with no trouble. Even as big and heavy as it was (4200lbs with driver & a full tank), that thing would MOVE! Bonus: with a set of Winterforce snow tires (like most OE tires, the factory Goodyear Assurances were terrible in snow), it was absolutely unstoppable. Between the Winterforces and the superb traction and stability control system, I could keep going until the snow got deep enough to high-center the car.

RAM is the exception. Look at the quality of their passenger vehicles. Hopefully FIAT will turn it around but FIAT(Fix It Again Tony) isn't the greatest.

The Chrysler 200 is a nice car--and with the V6, it's a ROCKET! The new 300 & Charger are superb...30MPG from a 2-ton, 300HP luxury sedan is amazing. The SRT8 Charger is a legit supercar.

Dodge trucks are by far the shittiest trucks on the road. Either Chevy or Ford is twice as reliable and last twice as long.

Yeah, they only go 1,000,000 miles or so.

I love my ram. Ford is ok but my experience has been much better with my Dodge trucks. Although I do love the new interiors on the Ford trucks.

I will NEVER purchase an imported car. But I won't hold Dodge responsible for the stupidity of the courts. Hopefully those jackasses got put on the worst jobs in the plant.

Our Sienna was built entirely in Indiana without union labor. 276,000 miles and it runs like a Timex.

Last edited:
Foxbots! As if you think all companies don't have these problems. But since the Pub Propaganda machine obsesses over this...ridiculous chumps...

Moonbat...no, most other companies DON'T have that problem. Most other companies are not unionized so can get rid of the dead weight and the incompetent.

Their cars are shit anyway. Always at the bottom of the quality list.
Yup, I have two friends that have bought brand new Chrysler products. First one bought a new Dodge truck, had problems with it immediately. After a year of fighting with the dealer and the problems continued, he traded it in on a used Chevy truck. He likes the Chevy and hasn't had a single problem. Second friend bought a brand new 2010 Hemi Challenger. Transmission was crap so he was finally able to trade it in on another Challenger under the LEMON LAW, a 2011 with a 6 speed manual instead of the automatic, and now this new Challenger's tranny grinds gears when he shifts, and they can't seem to fix that.

I wouldn't own a fucking Chrysler if you gave it to me. I'd sell it and buy something else. Pretty obvious why their products are shit.

I know they have had problems for years, but from what I have heard lately, they are getting a lot better and are not having many problems at all with their vehicles the last couple of years. I still wouldn't buy one at this point, but I am willing to consider them again if they can develop a decent track record for quality. I really like the looks of the new Dart, but I wouldn't buy one the first year out.

Forum List

Back