Church denies funeral to gay man

Another thing . . . gay men don't want to sleep with women. That would be like making a heterosexual man sleep with another man. I think it is unreasonable to expect a person to live a lie and to have an unhappy and miserable life because of man's interpretation of what is supposedly God's words or because of what the church tells you.

except that the mans thingie goes in her thingie but 2 guys thingies don't.

If you're talking about double penetration on a woman, yes, tons of women can do it. And guys can fit their cocks into a starfish, just ask a woman, again, tons of them do it.

TAMPA, FL (WFLA) - Julie Atwood was standing at her son's casket when the phone rang. The church where her son's funeral was scheduled to be held the next day decided to abruptly cancel the service, after the pastor learned the deceased was gay and his obituary listed a surviving "husband."

Atwood said she was told it would be "blasphemous" to hold the services at the church because her son, Julion Evans, 42, was gay.

He says the obituary named him as "husband," and that their marriage was no secret.

But when the obituary published in the local newspaper, everything changed.

T.W. Jenkins, pastor at New Hope says was not aware of that Evans had a husband or was gay until members of his congregation saw the obit and called to complain. They did not think it was right to have the funeral at their church.

Jenkins said his church preaches against gay marriage.

"Based on our preaching of the scripture, we would have been in error to allow the service in our church," Jenkins said. "I'm not trying to condemn anyone's lifestyle, but at the same time, I am a man of God, and I have to stand up for my principles."

Church denies funeral to gay man - WRCBtv.com | Chattanooga News, Weather & Sports

Telling someone they cannot violate the rules of your church is not hate. It is kind to respect the rules of someone's church. If you don't like the rules find a different church.

As opposed to the solution of Islam:

[Muhammad said] "Whoever is found conducting himself in the manner of the people of Lot, kill the doer and the receiver." al-Tirmidhi, Sunan 1:152

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2013/03/sharia-in-action-in-somalia-gay-man-stoned-to-death

Last edited:
You never have anything of value to say, and you repeat yourself over and over like a broken record.

You are effectively a waste of time. Notice how the other people are discussing the topic at hand? Notice how devoid of anything of value you have to say, even compared to others who share your views?

Well... I kept giving you a chance to say something of value, and for the last 5 posts, you have had nothing.

So... since you are waste of time, you are hereby ignored! Congrats. You have eliminated yourself from my world. From now on, I will never see your boring empty pointless posts ever again.

Maybe some others will enjoy your repetition, but I will enjoy only seeing posts worth reading from here on.

Have a nice life. So long.

Androw and Ullyses each exemplify the stubborn Pharisee of our age, without authority, without validation, yet lacking the compassion and charity and empathy of our Savior.

Step along, guys.

Question for you Jake, are you a homosexual or heterosexual?

Are you a homosexual or heterosexual?

So, did the church ban all sinners from a church burial, or is it just gays? And does the priest have proof that the man didn't repent a half second before he died? Enquiring minds what to know.

First, it was a pastor, not a priest. Priest's are Catholic, I don't know any Protestant's that have priests.

Second, hopefully, he did repent and accepted Jesus as Savior before he died.

Third, this isn't about a burial, it's about a funeral service.

Lastly, the fact that the man was married to another man was a clear violation of the church's beliefs, absolutely no different than a proclaimed Satanist, or Muslim, or Hindu wishing to have a wedding inside a Christian church or a funeral service inside a Christian church.

Couldn't have said it better.

Personally, I find a great deal of amusement visualizing all the Christians in heaven, suddenly forced to get along with each other for eternity, regardless of whether they are Catholic, Pentacostal, Westbro Baptist, or Episcopalian with gay ministers. I can't imagine a more unhappy group of people having to share their afterlives.

you certainly have no idea about Heaven. There is no color or race in it.

Oh, you've been there? Take any photos?

TAMPA, FL (WFLA) - Julie Atwood was standing at her son's casket when the phone rang. The church where her son's funeral was scheduled to be held the next day decided to abruptly cancel the service, after the pastor learned the deceased was gay and his obituary listed a surviving "husband."

Atwood said she was told it would be "blasphemous" to hold the services at the church because her son, Julion Evans, 42, was gay.

He says the obituary named him as "husband," and that their marriage was no secret.

T.W. Jenkins, pastor at New Hope says was not aware of that Evans had a husband or was gay until members of his congregation saw the obit and called to complain. They did not think it was right to have the funeral at their church.

"Based on our preaching of the scripture, we would have been in error to allow the service in our church," Jenkins said. "I'm not trying to condemn anyone's lifestyle, but at the same time, I am a man of God, and I have to stand up for my principles."

Church denies funeral to gay man - WRCBtv.com | Chattanooga News, Weather & Sports

Telling someone they cannot violate the rules of your church is not hate. It is kind to respect the rules of someone's church. If you don't like the rules find a different church.

What, exactly, is violating the rules of the church?

Rotting away in a casket? I'm pretty sure plenty of people do that.

Grieving for lost loved ones? That's a pretty standard practice inside churches, too.

Your post makes it sound like there was going to be a massive butt-fucking orgy or something, but I'm pretty sure no rules were going to be broken just by having a funeral.

In order to maintain any sort of consistency, that church should not offer services for anybody that is not an absolutely devout follower of their flavor of salvation. That includes their own members.

There's tons of people that sin up a storm through the week and then go to church to "get right with God" (that's not how it works, btw). So, they need to find somewhere else to get preached over when they kick the bucket, too.

Fat people? Better not give funerals to fat people! Gluttony is one of the 7 deadly sins! Your family had best go grieve elsewhere!

This church's bigotry sickens me.

Edit: The pastor is obese! Blatant hypocrisy is blatant!

Last edited:
The members of the congregation must lead miserable lives, if all they can whinge about is the fact that a man who attended church services with them was gay. Good grief, what a tragedy!
Since they removed the abortion clinics in the area for them to burn down or bomb, they have to make do with bashing 'the gays' and those 'evil godless communists'. Sad lives I admit, doubt they have even been outside of their state let alone America either.

I doubt if you ever get out of your mom's basement.
Never had a basement, and I don't hide in closets either. :tongue:

DVwXDKW.png

Reverend is on the left.

Another thing . . . gay men don't want to sleep with women. That would be like making a heterosexual man sleep with another man. I think it is unreasonable to expect a person to live a lie and to have an unhappy and miserable life because of man's interpretation of what is supposedly God's words or because of what the church tells you.

Lol! What? :lol: They can make their "thingies" go into other thingies. :D

If you're talking about double penetration on a woman, yes, tons of women can do it. And guys can fit their cocks into a starfish, just ask a woman, again, tons of them do it.

Somehow, I don't think that's what the poster meant. But anyways, hmmm. Do you think they would get a Christian burial?

How dare you use scientific truths about biology, in a discuss based on knee-jerk partisanship and Christian bashing. You know better!

How dare you use scientific truths about biology, in a discuss based on knee-jerk partisanship and Christian bashing. You know better!

If you think that referring to a penis as a "thingie" is a scientific truth about biology, then I feel sorry for you. :D

Correcting your gay bashing and your mischaracterization of true Christianity is what will keep occurring here as long as you keep up your nonsense.

Personally, I find a great deal of amusement visualizing all the Christians in heaven, suddenly forced to get along with each other for eternity, regardless of whether they are Catholic, Pentacostal, Westbro Baptist, or Episcopalian with gay ministers. I can't imagine a more unhappy group of people having to share their afterlives.

First, Jesus said:

Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?' Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

Point being many people are not going to be there, who think they are going to be there. Many people run around pretending to be Christian, and are no more Christian, than I am a Hindu.

Second, you need to understand that in Heaven, we will be given new bodies, and new lives. We will be free completely, from all sin and evil.

When you look at the squabbles between all people, Christians and non-Christians alike, all humans... the problems are all based in our sinful nature. Pride. Lust. Envy. Selfishness. Wrath. Lies.

However in Heaven, all of these things are all eliminated. We won't struggle with them. We won't be tempted by them.

As such, none of that will happen in Heaven. Now Hell on the other hand, the Bible says that those who choose to go to Hell (by rejecting G-d), will end up with an even greater amount of the nature they already have.

Those who are greedy, will be even more greedy in Hell. Those who are prideful, will be even more prideful in Hell. Those who are angry and full of wrath, will be even more so in Hell. How does that work? I have no idea, but thankfully I'm not going to find out.

If you think that referring to a penis as a "thingie" is a scientific truth about biology, then I feel sorry for you. :D

Forgive him, he had a hard time getting past the 4th grade.

Scientific truth is many guys put their thingies into everything they can.

First, Jesus said:

Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?' Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

Point being many people are not going to be there, who think they are going to be there. Many people run around pretending to be Christian, and are no more Christian, than I am a Hindu.

Second, you need to understand that in Heaven, we will be given new bodies, and new lives. We will be free completely, from all sin and evil.

When you look at the squabbles between all people, Christians and non-Christians alike, all humans... the problems are all based in our sinful nature. Pride. Lust. Envy. Selfishness. Wrath. Lies.

However in Heaven, all of these things are all eliminated. We won't struggle with them. We won't be tempted by them.

As such, none of that will happen in Heaven. Now Hell on the other hand, the Bible says that those who choose to go to Hell (by rejecting G-d), will end up with an even greater amount of the nature they already have.

Those who are greedy, will be even more greedy in Hell. Those who are prideful, will be even more prideful in Hell. Those who are angry and full of wrath, will be even more so in Hell. How does that work? I have no idea, but thankfully I'm not going to find out.

Androw, you have no authority to speak dogmatically about such things.

You have admitted as much elsewhere.

The above is your supposition, nothing more.

Your opinion does not count.

What, exactly, is violating the rules of the church?

Rotting away in a casket? I'm pretty sure plenty of people do that.

Grieving for lost loved ones? That's a pretty standard practice inside churches, too.

Your post makes it sound like there was going to be a massive butt-fucking orgy or something, but I'm pretty sure no rules were going to be broken just by having a funeral.

In order to maintain any sort of consistency, that church should not offer services for anybody that is not an absolutely devout follower of their flavor of salvation. That includes their own members.

There's tons of people that sin up a storm through the week and then go to church to "get right with God" (that's not how it works, btw). So, they need to find somewhere else to get preached over when they kick the bucket, too.

Fat people? Better not give funerals to fat people! Gluttony is one of the 7 deadly sins! Your family had best go grieve elsewhere!

This church's bigotry sickens me.

Edit: The pastor is obese! Blatant hypocrisy is blatant!

Two wrongs, does not make something right. If the pastor is a glutton, that's wrong. Doesn't mean being gay, and hiding it from your church that teaches being gay is wrong, is suddenly right. If both are hypocrites, that doesn't mean one hypocrite is good, and the other is bad.

And again, you are absolutely right. There are people who sin up a storm, and come to church and pretend they are fine.

If we find out about it... they are out too. We don't hold a different standard between the two. If you are committing adultery on your wife, and we find out about it, you will be confronted. If you don't repent, and stop doing what is wrong and evil, we will kick you out of our church. And yes, when they die, we're not doing the funeral for them either.

That's how that works.

Forum List

Back