Church denies funeral to gay man

I have faith in Ceiling Cat. :D

images

If you're talking about double penetration on a woman, yes, tons of women can do it. And guys can fit their cocks into a starfish, just ask a woman, again, tons of them do it.
Some women like horses, some like dogs, some men like cats, some like children, NONE OF THEM ARE RIGHT EITHER.

The only difference between these listed above and those you speak of, is that I believe those who practice beastiality or child molestation, should be executed(stoned, hanged, fried, bullet in the head, whatever).

And just because you know a lot of people with no moral values, doesn't mean the rest of the people in the world, know the same type of people.

Archer has not had the nerve to appear since I answered.
I actually have a life, unlike many on here, I know what the outdoors are for, it is for going outdoors. And if you think I am scared of a little false prophet like you Jake'o, you should really talk to your boss, I've cast out demons that he had control of.

That is a great point. Just because he didn't repent in public, does not mean he did not make his peace with God. That is why these churches and church-goers need to stop being so judgmental about other people's lives and let God do the judging. Personally, I think what the church did is INCREDIBLY cruel to the man's mom. Imagine how horrible she must feel when the church basically tells her that her son deserves to spend eternity being tortured in Hell, refuse to forgive him or to bury him. Horribly cruel.
I don't remember the church saying he is going to burn in hell. And shame on that mother for not taking her son to church when she had the chance, and teaching him that homosexual acts are a sin, she is horribly cruel, I hope it didn't cost her son the Kingdom.

While there is no authority for such a statement, yes, some believe that silliness.
Jake, im going to say this, then block you because you have no real idea about the Word. Here is The Authority, the One, that true Christians actually follow.

John 14:5Thomas said to Him, "Lord, we do not know where You are going, how do we know the way?" 6Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me. 7"If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; from now on you know Him, and have seen Him."…

That's all gravy if the bible is a step by step rule book to enter those pearly gates.

But what if... and you might want to hold onto the top of your skull here... what if... it isn't?

What if... and this is just a crazy thought... but what if the point of worshiping God is not the organization of a bunch of man-made rules, but faith in His existence & grace, and living one's life in a way that you believe would be pleasing to Him, even if the way you live isn't exactly prescribed in an instruction manual because God's children are... *gasp* beyond the law and are saved by His grace, not by our righteousness? (After all, there are none righteous... no, not one)

Just spitballing.

This is Christianity pure and undefiled.

Ullyses can block me, so I will continue labor for him in prayer and faith. Go in search of knowing God, Ullyses.

I actually have a life, unlike many on here, I know what the outdoors are for, it is for going outdoors. And if you think I am scared of a little false prophet like you Jake'o, you should really talk to your boss, I've cast out demons that he had control of.

Demons can cast out demons, too.

Demons say they know Jesus, and like you, they tremble.

Go in search for the peace of spirit for which you are looking.

I will pray in faith for you.

Not according to Christ. Matthew 12:24-26.
No, Christ is saying that such demonstrates that Satan's kingdom will fall because it is divided. Look at the far right reactionaries who are divided amongst themselves, or the libertarians who can't agree on anything.

Matthew 12:24-26
King James Version (KJV)

24 But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils.

25 And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:

26 And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?

I don't remember the church saying he is going to burn in hell. And shame on that mother for not taking her son to church when she had the chance, and teaching him that homosexual acts are a sin, she is horribly cruel, I hope it didn't cost her son the Kingdom.

That is such bull. Of course, it is implied when they refuse to hold a funeral for them. I think it's despicable and a rotten thing to do to a grieving family. It's a grieving family. Where is the church's love and compassion?

Secondly, how do you know what the mother did or what kind of mother she is? This is typical of you ultra religious types to be horribly judgmental about other people and their lives. I can't see how that is in any way "godly" or "good." It is really . . . bad and viewpoints like this do nothing but cause division between us human beings.

Also, I think the bible is nothing but parables and lessons on how it would be "appropriate" to live your life and things not to do and teaching that there are consequences for some behaviors. It was written by MEN and not by God himself. *rolls eyes*

I certainly do not think this person is going to Hell because he had his wires crossed somewhere and his sexual orientation happens to be different because of that. This is not a SIN. Apparently he married the person that he loved, and he did not hurt anyone else as far as we know.

That is such bull. Of course, it is implied when they refuse to hold a funeral for them. I think it's despicable and a rotten thing to do to a grieving family. It's a grieving family. Where is the church's love and compassion?

Secondly, how do you know what the mother did or what kind of mother she is? This is typical of you ultra religious types to be horribly judgmental about other people and their lives. I can't see how that is in any way "godly" or "good." It is really . . . bad and viewpoints like this do nothing but cause division between us human beings.

Also, I think the bible is nothing but parables and lessons on how it would be "appropriate" to live your life and things not to do and teaching that there are consequences for some behaviors. It was written by MEN and not by God himself. *rolls eyes*

I certainly do not think this person is going to Hell because he had his wires crossed somewhere and his sexual orientation happens to be different because of that. This is not a SIN. Apparently he married the person that he loved, and he did not hurt anyone else as far as we know.

Jude 1:7just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, since they in the same way as these indulged in gross immorality and went after strange flesh, are exhibited as an example in undergoing the punishment of eternal fire.

1 Corinthians 6:9Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.…

You don't have to believe that Paul was an Apostle of Jesus, however, most Christians do, and they believe him to be speaking for the Lord.

You don't have to believe someone is going to hell, thing is, I believe all those listed above, that do NOT repent and change their ways before they die, will be going to hell.

I really don't see why people have such a hard time understanding it. A church is a group of people who believe in and worship something or someone that they see as a deity.

In our church, a married homosexual would not be allowed a funeral service, anymore than a person who worshipped idols would be.

You don't have to like it, join a church, and convince them to change their beliefs. Otherwise, you are like a person who doesn't bother to vote, they have no right to complain about anything the government does, because they don't care.

Have a nice day
USA

Jude 1:7just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, since they in the same way as these indulged in gross immorality and went after strange flesh, are exhibited as an example in undergoing the punishment of eternal fire.

1 Corinthians 6:9Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.…

You don't have to believe that Paul was an Apostle of Jesus, however, most Christians do, and they believe him to be speaking for the Lord.

You don't have to believe someone is going to hell, thing is, I believe all those listed above, that do NOT repent and change their ways before they die, will be going to hell.

I really don't see why people have such a hard time understanding it. A church is a group of people who believe in and worship something or someone that they see as a deity.

In our church, a married homosexual would not be allowed a funeral service, anymore than a person who worshipped idols would be.

You don't have to like it, join a church, and convince them to change their beliefs. Otherwise, you are like a person who doesn't bother to vote, they have no right to complain about anything the government does, because they don't care.

Have a nice day
USA

Mmmm. Impressive. More bible quotes written by some ancient ignorant dudes that prove absolutely NOTHING.

BTW, do you actually BELIEVE those stories in the Bible? Lol! Geez, where did all the "magic" go?

Have a nice day
USA

Simply remember that Ulysses is not authorized to speak for God, that he does not understand the scripture, and that he wishes to take away human rights in the cause of his heresy of biblical literalism.

Simply remember that Ulysses is not authorized to speak for God, that he does not understand the scripture, and that he wishes to take away human rights in the cause of his heresy of biblical literalism.

I'm absolutely stunned that people actually take the passages in the Bible literally. They actually believe that some people had "super powers" back in ancient times? Goodness!

Most of the things that the ancients didn't understand, they tried to explain away through superstition and belief in "Gods." If there was a famine or some other natural occurrence that they couldn't understand, they would chalk it up to God being angry with them because they didn't understand the science behind natural events.

At least back then, they had an excuse for such ignorance. Today, there are NO excuses for this type of ignoramus viewpoints when we KNOW it isn't God that causes these things to occur but that they are natural occurrences and not the fault of ANY person or God.

Vandal's Chapter 4, verse 9. "And therefore, know ye not the false teachings of those who would deny man's entry into my house, for as you deny, you shall be denied. As you judge, so shall you be judged. As you condemn, so shall you be condemned. So, be as the humblest of men, so that you shall know the lamb of god, and be in peace with him."

I'm absolutely stunned that people actually take the passages in the Bible literally. They actually believe that some people had "super powers" back in ancient times? Goodness!

Most of the things that the ancients didn't understand, they tried to explain away through superstition and belief in "Gods." If there was a famine or some other natural occurrence that they couldn't understand, they would chalk it up to God being angry with them because they didn't understand the science behind natural events.

At least back then, they had an excuse for such ignorance. Today, there are NO excuses for this type of ignoramus viewpoints when we KNOW it isn't God that causes these things to occur but that they are natural occurrences and not the fault of ANY person or God.

It must drive you insane to know that there are 2.1 billion Christians in the world.

Now, go show me the science that proves the missing link between apes and people, or the science that shows the homosexual gene. Show me why a tornado destroys every house on a block, but one. Show me life on other planets. You have your faith, I have mine.

I don't call you ignorant for your faith, or tell you how you should view your faith. And most importantly, I don't try to deny you your faith, yet you would deny others theirs.

Glad we live in America, where bigots don't have the power to usurp one's religion. Too bad for you! :banana:

Mmmm. Impressive. More bible quotes written by some ancient ignorant dudes that prove absolutely NOTHING.

BTW, do you actually BELIEVE those stories in the Bible? Lol! Geez, where did all the "magic" go?

I don't call it magic.

Have you have ever seen a car going 40 mph, hit your 10 year old daughter, who was crossing the road, going to school. And your daughter have nothing more than a scraped knee?

Your precious doctors said there was no way she had been hit by a car, yet the police say the car was travelling around 40 when it hit her.

Have you ever seen your daughter fly over a car, from the impact of it?

I HAVE, there is no one on this earth, that can convince me that there is no God, and this is just one reason.

Forum List

Back