Church shooter stopped by armed citizen today? Lives saved by good guy with a gun?

T's & P's

Apparently, their thoughts and prayers....and preperation were rewarded....the killer was stopped before he could kill more people...

Had they followed the left wing, anti-gun advice, more people would have been killed.

I agree with this post. Had this armed church member followed the Democratic left wing gun control advice, more people would have been killed. Lets arm more citizens in America.
You armed the citizens along with the criminals, crazies and terrorists. Good job!

The gunman at the church in Texas was killed 6 seconds after pulling a gun. This is why teachers should be allowed to carry at schools.

Jack Wilson is the name of the hero in Texas.

Viedo at link.

God bless Jack. God bless Texas and god bless the right to keep and bear arms.

Caroline Vandergriff on Twitter

Texas DPS has officially identified the two victims as Anton Wallace, 64, of Fort Worth and Richard White, 67, of River Oaks. Victims Of White Settlement Church Shooting Identified As Tony Wallace, Richard White

CBSDFW (@CBSDFW) December 30, 2019 https://dfw.cbslocal.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/15909545/2019/12/victims.jpg?resize=640,364
View Quote

FD4C7DF0-1D50-4202-9FA2-A8AF160DAEDB_jpeg-1214283.JPG

The OP has had a wonderful time imagining that someone MAY HAVE used their firearm in a defensive manner at this mass shooting.

If the MAY HAVE turns out to be true, then that is ONE case on that day.

Where are the other 4000 cases from the same day? The day before? The day before that?

The OP believes that we have about 4000 defensive uses of firearms in this nation EVERY DAY.

What do his fellow nutbags feel about that math?
I love math. Let’s do some.

The last time I looked at the FBI’s crime and statistics data the violent gun death rate was around 2. Lets round that up to 3 for the sake of argument, Ok.

This means that 99,997 people out of 100,000 people did not kill someone with a gun.

So you think it is reasonable to punish 99,997 people because of the bad acts of 3 people?

With logic like that I wouldn’t be surprised if you wanted to ban free speech because 3 people yelled fire in a crowded movie theater.

The OP has had a wonderful time imagining that someone MAY HAVE used their firearm in a defensive manner at this mass shooting.

Where are the other 4000 cases from the same day? The day before? The day before that?

The OP believes that we have about 4000 defensive uses of firearms in this nation EVERY DAY.

I don't believe anything...I am citing actual research by both government and private researchers into the topic of gun self defense.........they are the ones, over 17 different studies, that found those numbers...

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....

The name of the group doing the study, the year of the study, the number of defensive gun uses and if police and military defensive gun uses are included.....notice the bill clinton and obama defensive gun use research is highlighted.....

GunCite-Gun Control-How Often Are Guns Used in Self-Defense

GunCite Frequency of Defensive Gun Use in Previous Surveys

Field...1976....3,052,717 ( no cops, no military)

DMIa 1978...2,141,512 ( no cops, no military)

L.A. TIMES...1994...3,609,68 ( no cops, no military)

Kleck......1994...2.5 million ( no cops, no military)

CDC...1996-1998... 1.1 million averaged over those years.( no cops, no military)

Obama's CDC....2013....500,000--3million

--------------------

Bordua...1977...1,414,544

DMIb...1978...1,098,409 ( no cops, no military)

Hart...1981...1.797,461 ( no cops, no military)

Mauser...1990...1,487,342 ( no cops,no military)

Gallup...1993...1,621,377 ( no cops, no military)

DEPT. OF JUSTICE...1994...1.5 million ( the bill clinton study)

Journal of Quantitative Criminology--- 989,883 times per year."

(Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology,[17] U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year.[18])

Paper: "Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment." By David McDowall and others. Journal of Quantitative Criminology, March 2000. Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment - Springer

-------------------------------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Tarrance... 1994... 764,036 (no cops, no military)

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..

FOUR THOUSAND TIMES PER DAY!!!!!!!

You're a hoot!!

Oh, you missed it...again...let me show you the research again.....

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....

The name of the group doing the study, the year of the study, the number of defensive gun uses and if police and military defensive gun uses are included.....notice the bill clinton and obama defensive gun use research is highlighted.....

GunCite-Gun Control-How Often Are Guns Used in Self-Defense

GunCite Frequency of Defensive Gun Use in Previous Surveys

Field...1976....3,052,717 ( no cops, no military)

DMIa 1978...2,141,512 ( no cops, no military)

L.A. TIMES...1994...3,609,68 ( no cops, no military)

Kleck......1994...2.5 million ( no cops, no military)

CDC...1996-1998... 1.1 million averaged over those years.( no cops, no military)

Obama's CDC....2013....500,000--3million

--------------------

Bordua...1977...1,414,544

DMIb...1978...1,098,409 ( no cops, no military)

Hart...1981...1.797,461 ( no cops, no military)

Mauser...1990...1,487,342 ( no cops,no military)

Gallup...1993...1,621,377 ( no cops, no military)

DEPT. OF JUSTICE...1994...1.5 million ( the bill clinton study)

Journal of Quantitative Criminology--- 989,883 times per year."

(Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology,[17] U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year.[18])

Paper: "Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment." By David McDowall and others. Journal of Quantitative Criminology, March 2000. Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment - Springer

-------------------------------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Tarrance... 1994... 764,036 (no cops, no military)

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..
If it goes against his narrative, he’s not going to see it.

upload_2019-12-30_14-9-21.png

The man who stopped a gun-wielding maniac from causing further mayhem inside a Texas church says he’s no hero and acted out of instinct.

“Don’t consider myself a hero,” Says Armed Hero Who Stopped Texas Church Massacre

THe democratic pigs just hope he would die because he saved others. Can't have a hero with a gun now can we pigs.

DUMB SOB'S HAVE NO CLUE WHAT FALSE FLAGS MEAN NOR WHY IT WAS IN A CHURCH ---- BUT THE MORE THESE IDIOTS DO THIS THE MORE THEY PROVE GGUN CONTROL DOES NOT WORK JUST LIKE YOUR KNIFE CONTROL won't.

for every SD use, there are dozens of murders
Better check your math.

Guns are used at in self-defense at least 80,000 times per year.
http://vpc.org/studies/justifiable19.pdf (Table 6)
Compare this to 9092 gun-related murders per year.
Expanded Homicide Data Table 8

That's about 9:1 in favor of defensive gun uses.
--sorry charlie
...EVERYDAY we see murder murder murder murder --by firearms--not even counting non-lethal shootings or firearms used in crime = thousands and thousands
..what we don't see everyday are SD uses
--get it??? murder after murder everyday- no SD uses --then we get ONE SD use and you people SCREAM ''''you see, firearms are good'''
idiocy HAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA
AND the guy still murdered with a firearm - and there were people armed there--so they were not saved by an SD use--so--understand?? even with people armed, the people were not saved by firearms

The last time I looked at the FBI’s crime and statistics data the violent gun death rate was around 2. Lets round that up to 3 for the sake of argument, Ok.

This means that 99,997 people out of 100,000 people did not kill someone with a gun.

So you think it is reasonable to punish 99,997 people because of the bad acts of 3 people?

With logic like that I wouldn’t be surprised if you wanted to ban free speech because 3 people yelled fire in a crowded movie theater.
1. idiotic analogy/etc
2. who's getting punished???!!!!???
3. there are many laws that limit [ ''punish'' ] Americans
4. again, amendments and the Constitution do not allow limitless rights

Better check your math.

--sorry charlie
...EVERYDAY we see murder murder murder murder --by firearms--not even counting non-lethal shootings or firearms used in crime = thousands and thousands
--get it??? murder after murder everyday- no SD uses --then we get ONE SD use and you people SCREAM ''''you see, firearms are good'''
AND the guy still murdered with a firearm - and there were people armed there--so they were not saved by an SD use--so--understand?? even with people armed, the people were not saved by firearms
Firearms aren’t good or evil. People are.

Firearms are just a tool.

What is your point? I'm punishing who?

Do you believe that firearms will be used in a defensive manner 4000 times in American today?

I own firearms, by the way. You're off base.

1. idiotic analogy/etc
2. who's getting punished???!!!!???
3. there are many laws that limit [ ''punish'' ] Americans
4. again, amendments and the Constitution do not allow limitless rights
Do you want to ban and confiscate all guns?

Do you believe that firearms will be used in a defensive manner 4000 times in American today?

Maybe I am. Maybe I’m not. Let’s find out.

What would you like to be done with firearms?

Better check your math.

hold it--so you are saying it's not over a MILLION times a year??
80,000 is not even close to a million....?

View attachment 297411

The man who stopped a gun-wielding maniac from causing further mayhem inside a Texas church says he’s no hero and acted out of instinct.

“Don’t consider myself a hero,” Says Armed Hero Who Stopped Texas Church Massacre

THe democratic pigs just hope he would die because he saved others. Can't have a hero with a gun now can we pigs.

DUMB SOB'S HAVE NO CLUE WHAT FALSE FLAGS MEAN NOR WHY IT WAS IN A CHURCH ---- BUT THE MORE THESE IDIOTS DO THIS THE MORE THEY PROVE GGUN CONTROL DOES NOT WORK JUST LIKE YOUR KNIFE CONTROL won't.

The poor guy who tried to draw and was shot dead is also a hero in a way. Even though he died in the process, he distracted the gunman long enough for the other guy to get a good bead on him. Seconds counted.

You've got time on your hands. Let me try to be brief.

I'd like firearms to be more difficult for whack jobs to get hold of. I believe fewer firearms means fewer firearms deaths and injuries. I don't believe that the 2nd Amendment gave individuals the absolute right to keep arms. Heller was bullshit.

We have an opportunity to improve our firearms laws. I'd like to see movement in that direction.

Now. Will there be 4000 defensive uses of firearms in America today? That's a yes or no.

Better check your math.

--sorry charlie

You don't see them covered by the news because they aren't news worthy....

"Violent robbery didn't happen, news at 9..." You moron. Woman Chased of man who was going to rape her...he didn't....news at 9. You are an idiot...

I'd like firearms to be more difficult for whack jobs to get hold of. I believe fewer firearms means fewer firearms deaths and injuries. I don't believe that the 2nd Amendment gave individuals the absolute right to keep arms. Heller was bullshit.

We have an opportunity to improve our firearms laws. I'd like to see movement in that direction.

Now. Will there be 4000 defensive uses of firearms in America today? That's a yes or no.

I believe fewer firearms means fewer firearms deaths and injuries.

And you are wrong....nothing you believe about guns is true or accurate.......facts, and reality show you are wrong......but you continue to just "Feelz," what you think is the truth.....

The truth......

Over the last 26 years, we went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 18.6 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2018...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

The anti-gun hypothesis and argument.....

More Guns = More Gun crime regardless of any other factors.

Actual Result:

In the U.S....as more Americans own and carry guns over the last 26 years, gun murder down 49%, gun crime down 75%, violent crime down 72%

The result: Exact opposite of theory of anti-gunners....

In Science when you have a theory, when that theory is tested....and the exact opposite result happens...that means your theory is wrong. That is science....not left wing wishful thinking.

Whatever the crime rate does......as more Americans owned more guns the crime rate did not go up....so again...

Britain...
More Guns = More Gun Crime
Britain had access to guns before they banned them.....they had low gun crime, low gun murder.
They banned guns, the gun murder rate spiked for 10 years then returned to the same level...
Your Theory again....
More guns = More Gun Crime
Guns Banned creates no change? That means banning guns for law abiding gun owners had no effect on gun crime.
When your theory states one thing, and you implement your theory, and nothing changes....in science, that means your theory is wrong...
-------

Maine tops ‘safest states’ rankings four years after removing major gun restriction

When Maine passed a “Constitutional Carry” law allowing Maine residents to carry a concealed firearm without any special permit in 2015, opponents of the law forecast a dangerous future for the state. They said the new law would hurt public safety and put Maine kids at risk.

One state representative who opposed the bill went so far as to say it would give Mainers a reason to be afraid every time they went out in public or to work.

Another state representative suggested the law would lead to violent criminals with recent arrests and convictions legally carrying handguns.

-----

Now four years later, Maine has been named the safest state in the nation according to US News and World Report’s public safety rankings, which measures the fifty states based on crime data.

Ranking as the top safest state for violent crime and fourth for property crime, Maine edges out another New England state, Vermont, for the top spot. Of note, Vermont also is a “Constitutional Carry” state. New Hampshire ranks third in the national rankings, giving New England all three of the top spots in the nation.

In 2018, Maine was edged out by Vermont in the same “safest states” ranking, but declared the best state overall in the broader “Crime and Corrections” category.

In 2017, using a different methodology, Maine was ranked second among the fifty states in the “Crime and Corrections” category and also second in the categories used to rank the “safest states.”

The U.S. News and World Report “Best States” rankings are built in partnership with McKinsey & Company, a firm that works closely with state leaders around the nation.

Maine has also ranked at the top of other state rankings. WalletHub.com recently ranked Maine second in “Personal and Residential Safety” among the fifty states, an

Yes...according to all of the research both private and government funded....

We have all the gun laws we need...what we really need is democrat party judges and politicians to stop letting violent gun offenders out of prison over and over again.....99% of our gun crime is committed by repeat gun offenders released over and over again...yet you don't care about that.

If we stopped the democrat party from letting them out 95% of our gun crime would be gone....

Forum List

Back