Citizen United being used to defend Disney over DeSantis attacks.

This is the kind of prejudice that we thought we had already moved away from.

You can’t redefine obscenity to attack people who have done nothing wrong just because they are gay.

Not conservatives. They're fixated on the gays.

Disney's suit is about a targeted campaign of government retaliation. You're describing the mechanism of what Disney is alleging.

Demonstrating elegantly that Disney has a very strong leg to stand on.

You hang on to that hope as long as you can.
So you 2 putzes are FOR Citizens United on the record?

Obviously neither of you are for Americans having the freedom and prosperity intended for them by the Founding Fathers.

Last edited:
At best it's a toss up. Abandoning rule of law will do far more harm to society that dirty pictures in library book.

Yeah, but have you seen the FULL list of books that are banned? Almost none of them have any 'sexual' content. Most are banned because they mention gay people, or black folks, or are bilingual.

So you 2 putzes are FOR Citizens United on the record?

It doesn't matter if I'm 'for' or 'against' Citizens United. Its legal applicability isn't based on me.

And Citizens United absolutely protects the 1st amendment rights of corporations.

Loopholes?

In his first four years in office, Gov. Ron DeSantis has signed off on tax breaks for everyone from Disney and Florida Power & Light to a for-profit university owned by big political donors.​

Ten special-interest tax breaks from Ron DeSantis' first term as Florida governor
I don't even respond to this argument, despite the fact that I agree with it in principle. It just isn't the reason DeSantis is targeting Disney. They're lying.

The funny thing, the main reason I oppose states offering "sweetheart deals" to corporations, is that they will inevitably use them for arm twisting. Just as DeDantis is doing

Loopholes?

In his first four years in office, Gov. Ron DeSantis has signed off on tax breaks for everyone from Disney and Florida Power & Light to a for-profit university owned by big political donors.​

Ten special-interest tax breaks from Ron DeSantis' first term as Florida governor
hey Disney is a huge global corporation that uses the same loopholes that the oil companies use... but because they pretend to be woke the libs leave them alone and even defend them... don't you see how the game is played?....

hey Disney is a huge global corporation that uses the same loopholes that the oil companies use... but because they pretend to be woke the libs leave them alone and even defend them... don't you see how the game is played?....
Of course. It's obvious. Neither party has any principles. You use whatever argument happens to support your side in the culture war, even if you were making the exact opposite argument last week.

Of course. It's obvious. Neither party has any principles. You use whatever argument happens to support your side in the culture war, even if you were making the exact opposite argument last week.
But libs allow themselves to be fooled like tools in a tool box for the greedy....

Forum List

Back