City Requires Business License Before Teens Can Cut Grass

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
In a better day tar and feathers would be in use.

Business license required for teens to cut grass in Gardendale, Alabama.

Teenagers have been threatened by officials and other lawn services to show their city issued license before cutting a person’s lawn for extra summer cash.

Cutting grass is often one of the first jobs many have in the summer. But a business license in Gardendale costs $110. And for a job, just for a couple of months, that can be a bit extreme.

“I have never heard of a child cutting grass had to have a business license,” said Elton Campbell.
Campbell’s granddaughter cuts grass around the neighborhood.

“She charges one lady $20, and another lady $30, and another girl $40 besides what we pay her,” said Campbell.

For her, this was the perfect summer gig!

“Just helping out and raising money for admissions and trips,” said Alainna Parris.

But now, it’s becoming a hassle.

“One of the men that cuts several yards made a remark to one of our neighbors, ‘that if he saw her cutting grass again that he was going to call Gardendale because she didn’t have a business license,” said Campbell.

Mooching government sponge losers slap a give us your money because we want it fee on teenagers :eusa_think: yeah sounds like something those assholes would do.

Liscense and fees are a way to keep certain people out of a business.

Yeah, we don't want some school kid out there working hard to make money over the summer, that wouldn't be right. We should encourage our kids to sit their asses on the couch and watch TV and teach them that government owes them and they shouldn't have to work for money.

So instead of these teens actually working and earning money they can go to the malls and act like degenerates that is so common place now days

Yeah, we don't want some school kid out there working hard to make money over the summer, that wouldn't be right. We should encourage our kids to sit their asses on the couch and watch TV and teach them that government owes them and they shouldn't have to work for money.
My 15-year-old has been trying to get a job for over a year now, but no one will hire someone that young.

My 15-year-old has been trying to get a job for over a year now, but no one will hire someone that young.
Seeing what schools and universities are producing these days, the last thing I will ever do is hire anyone under 35.

So instead of these teens actually working and earning money they can go to the malls and act like degenerates that is so common place now days
If the teen works in a family business they can work as young as they want. Yet liability laws by insurance companies have squashed that activity for out of family operations. I couldn't hire anyone under 18 because of motorized equipment. I did it anyway and let them pick up trash on the job sites.

And in Alabama of all places.

I thought you southerners were free people.

Guess I was wrong.

Seeing what schools and universities are producing these days, the last thing I will ever do is hire anyone under 35.
My eldest is 35 and drives a big rig cross country, he does a great job.He was just laid off by one company and was able to get hired the next day by another company. But I used to take him out to the job site to start working at 7.

It is so sad you cannot keep control of your own children.
Teach them the right way to do things, you know, according to rules and regulations.
It seems the snowflakes on the right always think the rules apply to others and not them.
tenor.gif

It is so sad you cannot keep control of your own children.
Teach them the right way to do things, you know, according to rules and regulations.
It seems the snowflakes on the right always think the rules apply to others and not them.
tenor.gif

Cleavage
xT5LMJhxtWgXmgwbZe.webp

Forum List

Back