CIVIL discussion on Current Issues. If you can't stay CIVIL, then please just stay out of this thread.

The problem is the unwillingness of far too many to consider firearm regulatory measures that don’t involve the regulation of specific types of weapons.
"Specific kinds of X" always (yes, ALWAYS) ends up being ALL of X....Which then ends up in total bans.

True historical fact, which you're obviously too pig-headed and/or plain old dishonest to face up to.

Why do you keep dodging the question? Why don't gun laws stop criminals from getting guns?
d137901f910a1bdea1a8964b2c324f11.jpg

Because the law can NEVER EVER protect anyone from the actions of criminals!

Start by having laws that actually punish crimes. Commit a crime with a gun? Automatic 10 years in prison, no parole. Commit a violent crime with a gun? 20 years, no parole. Murder someone with a gun? Life, no parole. And no option for leftist, pro-crime DAs and judges to overrule these sentences. If they do, guess what? They go to prison, too.
I agree 100%
Except first offense needs to be more than 10 years.

I agree 100%
Except first offense needs to be more than 10 years.

Great. I hope you didn't vote for soft-on-crime leftists like Joe Biden and Kamala Harris, because this will never happen with them or people like them in charge.

Actually, they can tax your right to freedom of movement, if you use any form of transportation, that requires a public road or water way.

The state can force you to obtain insurance for that transportation also.

A private entity, a bank, can force you to obtain insurance on your own home, while you hold a mortgage on it, as well as insurance on the mortgage payment itself.

Which sets a clear precedent than you can be taxed to exercise your gun rights, as well as insurance companies requiring, or even denying you homeowners, or auto and boat insurance, if you store in the home, or transport a gun in the vehicle.

I’m interested to see how anyone thinks a court can force an insurance company to cover you, based on your gun rights.
1656355165865.png

I see no where in the Constitution that guarantees an individual the right to transportation or the right to lodging.

However it does guarantee me the right to bear arms and the right to vote.

Of course we could put a $1,000.00 or more charge on every time you want vote if that's how you feel a right granted in the Constitution should be treated.

*****SMILE*****

:)

This is an attempt to have at least one thread where discussion remains civil.
No name calling or threats.
Just say I respectfully disagree.
If you can't do that, then just stick with the other threads.

I'll start. BackAgain

2nd Amendment:

A heated discussion topic.

Ok, I respectfully disagree, so fuck off.

Well here we can see why these lying leftists can't be seriously debated. I've asked the op 4 times why laws are ineffective and he refuses to answer. Clown world as always!

Well, good luck with this one.

Anyway, when it comes to the gun issue, on a macro level, the cat is out of the bag. The horse is out of the barn. The toothpaste is out of the tube. There are nearly 400 million guns out there, and while many are owned by careful, responsible gun owners, many are owned by people who have them to commit crimes. So, the saying "when guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns" is perfectly reasonable and legitimate.

So in a normal world, we would accept that and then look at areas of compromise like normal adults. Unfortunately, it appears we no longer have that capacity. As a predictable result, we can no longer address problems and are in decline.

I can understand the gun owners' fear about a "slippery slope" on gun laws, and they'll have to be convinced (above and beyond the voices in their world telling them not to listen) that the slippery slope is not in the cards. How is that done? I have no idea.

Seems to me that, like a marriage that is in deep trouble, we need to first learn how to communicate and listen before we can fix any of the larger problems facing us. Not holding my breath on that.

"I can understand the gun owners' fear about a "slippery slope" on gun laws"

You know, I've always looked at the abortion issue and guns in this manner.

The pro-abortion side has always been against any restrictions, fearing it would lead to an eventual complete ban. The proverbial 'give an inch, they'll take a mile' argument.
Likewise, the pro-Second Amendment side sees it the same way.

We now are beginning to see why these fears are founded.

Last edited:
Great. I hope you didn't vote for soft-on-crime leftists like Joe Biden and Kamala Harris, because this will never happen with them or people like them in charge.
I agree.
But tough on crime hasn’t happened under any recent administration.
It’s easy to blame Democrats
But I see blame on All sides

Well here we can see why these lying leftists can't be seriously debated. I've asked the op 4 times why laws are ineffective and he refuses to answer. Clown world as always!
No insults
Try asking nicely
You started off calling me a liar

I told you I wasn’t dodging questions
I said I would be out for a while.
I’m in line at Subway
I’ll answer when I get back to the resort pool.

Fair enough?

It`s unlikely that the one who was released would have been locked up in the first place if he never had a gun. Do you think a vehicle has a second amendment right to have a gun overnight? Your law abiding friends gave guns to 625 criminals in Nashville during the first 5 months of this year and that`s only the ones reported. That`s only one (1) city.
That was the Democrats we watched beating up 130 cops in the Capitol? :rolleyes:

Oh……you blame the victim…..

You sure are right…..if that woman had not worn that short skirt and sexy top, and if she hadn’t led that guy/ guys on, she wouldn’t have been raped…….

Do you realize that if women simply stopped wearing short skirts and less revealing blouses we could stop rapes?

It`s unlikely that the one who was released would have been locked up in the first place if he never had a gun. Do you think a vehicle has a second amendment right to have a gun overnight? Your law abiding friends gave guns to 625 criminals in Nashville during the first 5 months of this year and that`s only the ones reported. That`s only one (1) city.
That was the Democrats we watched beating up 130 cops in the Capitol? :rolleyes:

Hmmmm…perhaps the solution is to arrest, and jail the people who stole the guns?

Right now, the democrat party is dropping those charges, releasing those thieves on no cash bail, and giving them probation instead of the 10 years they deserve…..

how about before you blame the victim, you lock up the violent, repeat gun offender?

I agree.

No….since 2015 the democrat party made attacking and defunding the police a prime goal of the party…..and their district attorneys and judges couldn’t release violent gun offenders….repeat, violent gun offenders fast enough……

It wasn’t the Republicans…this is all on the democrats

I agree.

Yes, but voting for the worst of the worst, which is what I suspect you did, puts us even farther away from where we need to be.

No insults
Try asking nicely
You started off calling me a liar

I told you I wasn’t dodging questions
I said I would be out for a while.
I’m in line at Subway
I’ll answer when I get back to the resort pool.

Fair enough?
That's how you wanted to take it, but I am now. You still won't answer. You're just another deceitful leftist loser.

Forum List

Back