Clarence Thomas and the Billionaire.

I have to think this will get interesting. Thomas has taken a ton of trips paid for by a billionaire campaign donor.

On the surface this appears to be in violations of federal law when he reported none of them.

IN LATE JUNE 2019, right after the U.S. Supreme Court released its final opinion of the term, Justice Clarence Thomas boarded a large private jet headed to Indonesia. He and his wife were going on vacation: nine days of island-hopping in a volcanic archipelago on a superyacht staffed by a coterie of attendants and a private chef.

If Thomas had chartered the plane and the 162-foot yacht himself, the total cost of the trip could have exceeded $500,000. Fortunately for him, that wasn’t necessary: He was on vacation with real estate magnate and Republican megadonor Harlan Crow, who owned the jet — and the yacht, too.....................................

.....................These trips appeared nowhere on Thomas’ financial disclosures. His failure to report the flights appears to violate a law passed after Watergate that requires justices, judges, members of Congress and federal officials to disclose most gifts, two ethics law experts said. He also should have disclosed his trips on the yacht, these experts said.

Clarence Thomas Secretly Accepted Luxury Trips From Major GOP Donor

A bought and paid for Supreme Court judge. That's the very definition of a banana republic.
I would imagine that, in a normal time, he would just retire. Between the shenanigans of both Thomas and his nutso Qanon wife, that would be enough shame.

Not any more, though. Now it's fuck you, fuck the rules, you can't do shit to me, too bad, I'm staying.

I would imagine that, in a normal time, he would just retire. Between the shenanigans of both Thomas and his nutso Qanon wife, that would be enough shame.

Not any more, though. Now it's fuck you, fuck the rules, you can't do shit to me, too bad, I'm staying.
Like Lisa Page & Peter Strzok and Andy McCabe

This kind of argument is one of the lamest. I supported 90% of what Candidate Obama said. I supported 10% of what President Obama actually did.

Trump was a habitual liar. That makes Obama's lies OK? Come on, man.!
THING IS that with Obama WE had the power to vote him out. But no rules or laws for the highest court in the land??

What is the similarity?
None. Andy McCabe got all his back pay and benefits back, and his record expunged. Strzok filed a lawsuit and in Feb '23, a judge ruled that Trump and Wray can be questioned under oath. Dunno what Page is up to.

In fact, they underscore what doesn't apply in Thomas' case, the privileged position Thomas is in, and what he gets away with.

And now there's yet another breaking story

A federal disclosure law passed after Watergate requires justices and other officials to disclose the details of most real estate sales over $1,000. Thomas never disclosed his sale of the Savannah properties. That appears to be a violation of the law, four ethics law experts told ProPublica.
The property was owned by his mother in law, not Thomas himself.

Anyone with half a brain knows that Justice Thomas has his own legal advisors. He would have consulted with them about the sale, and if he did not report it, it is because they told him that it wasn't necessary.

The lengths that Democrooks will go to in order to smear a Black Republican never cease to amaze me.

THING IS that with Obama WE had the power to vote him out. But no rules or laws for the highest court in the land??

I've already said there should be rules and I would hope this would embarrass Roberts into enacting them.

Th
I've already said there should be rules and I would hope this would embarrass Roberts into enacting them.
The way Roberts allowed Crowds with Hay Rakes and torches to call a SCOTUS Nominee a Rapist and serial Date Drugger
At parties in High School & college

Th

The way Roberts allowed Crowds with Hay Rakes and torches to call a SCOTUS Nominee a Rapist and serial Date Drugger
At parties in High School & college

I didn't say he should violate people's free speech rights.

Forum List

Back