Clarence Thomas and the Billionaire.

Hey.......twit.......notice anything.......?

For example, in 2018, the late Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg took 14 reimbursed trips — the most of any justice that year — including one in which she was "provided transportation, food and lodging as a tourist and guest of billionaire Israeli businessman Morris Kahn" who "had business before the Supreme Court before" when SCOTUS "handed Kahn’s company Amdocs Limited a win in November 2017 when it declined to take up a patent-related case."

Additionally, "in 2012, Ginsburg traveled to New York to accept Glamour Magazine’s Woman of the Year award, which came with a gift bag valued at $2,500," according to The Washington Post. That is, receiving valuable items is hardly outside the realm of normalcy.
-----

From 2004 to 2018, former Justice Stephen Breyer — another liberal who was nominated by President Bill Clinton — held the record for the most reimbursed trips of any sitting justice at 219, according to OpenSecrets' report.

But, you may say, the issue that makes trips problematic is when they're not reported. Well, you're in luck because liberal Justice Sonio Sotomayor let covered travel expenses go unreported.

A 2020 public records request filed by Fix the Court revealed that Justice Sotomayor did not initially report free air travel and lodging she received to deliver the commencement address at the University of Rhode Island. That included a "$1,045 flight to Rhode Island in 2016...and the block of up to 11 rooms reserved for her, her friends and her security detail at one of the state’s nicest hotels."
------
Despite the fact that liberal justices hold the records for most trips in a given year in recent memory, and the most trips in a 14-year period, and they've failed to disclose reimbursed travel expenses in the past, and have enjoyed trips covered by individuals who've done business before the Supreme Court, it's only conservative justices who face calls to resign. Funny how that works, eh?

Fix the Court subsequently found that Sotomayor's previous "trips to visit universities in Illinois, New Jersey, Alaska, Wisconsin and Minnesota were also omitted" from her disclosures. The Obama nominee subsequently had to amend her disclosures to note the six originally unreported situations.

100% BULLSHIT. IT IS FINE IF YOU REPORT IT, BUT YOU MISSED THAT POINT, DIDN'T YOU. ALL OF THE ABOVE IS BULLSHIT. YOUR UNCLE TOM IS THE ONLY ONE THAT DIDN'T REPORT IT.

I have to think this will get interesting. Thomas has taken a ton of trips paid for by a billionaire campaign donor.

On the surface this appears to be in violations of federal law when he reported none of them.

IN LATE JUNE 2019, right after the U.S. Supreme Court released its final opinion of the term, Justice Clarence Thomas boarded a large private jet headed to Indonesia. He and his wife were going on vacation: nine days of island-hopping in a volcanic archipelago on a superyacht staffed by a coterie of attendants and a private chef.

If Thomas had chartered the plane and the 162-foot yacht himself, the total cost of the trip could have exceeded $500,000. Fortunately for him, that wasn’t necessary: He was on vacation with real estate magnate and Republican megadonor Harlan Crow, who owned the jet — and the yacht, too.....................................

.....................These trips appeared nowhere on Thomas’ financial disclosures. His failure to report the flights appears to violate a law passed after Watergate that requires justices, judges, members of Congress and federal officials to disclose most gifts, two ethics law experts said. He also should have disclosed his trips on the yacht, these experts said.

Clarence Thomas Secretly Accepted Luxury Trips From Major GOP Donor

A bought and paid for Supreme Court judge. That's the very definition of a banana republic.
But when Sonya Sotomayor takes $3 million from Penguin publishing for her shitty books that don’t sell, it’s all legit right?

I've addressed this likely 10 times just in this thread alone.

Clarence's improprieties are so obvious. Did you see this? Breaking news. Clearly Clarence needs to step down and NOW

Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas accepted private school tuition payments for a young relative from conservative GOP megadonor Harlan Crow

A former administrator at Hidden Lake Academy in Georgia told ProPublica Crow footed the $6,000-a-month tuition bill for the entire year

The total that Crow paid for Martin’s tuition over the years was unclear, ProPublica reported, but the price of all four years at the two schools could have exceeded $150,000.

The payments are likely to fuel the uproar over Thomas’ acceptance of luxury vacations, private jet travel, megayacht adventures and real estate sales proceeds from Crow. Most of those gifts, like the tuition payments, aren’t mentioned on Thomas’ financial disclosure forms.
Thomas did not return ProPublica’s request for comment. He said earlier that he didn’t think he had to disclose “personal hospitality” from a friend.

Yea Clarence? You, a Supreme Court Justice didn't know the law? We find that very hard to believe. How about your billionaire buddy paying for your relatives private school? Don't see anything inappropriate with that? Nothing shady here?

The good thing is it seems this Harlan Crow character is paying reparations but only to the Thomas family.

I have to think this will get interesting. Thomas has taken a ton of trips paid for by a billionaire campaign donor.

On the surface this appears to be in violations of federal law when he reported none of them.

IN LATE JUNE 2019, right after the U.S. Supreme Court released its final opinion of the term, Justice Clarence Thomas boarded a large private jet headed to Indonesia. He and his wife were going on vacation: nine days of island-hopping in a volcanic archipelago on a superyacht staffed by a coterie of attendants and a private chef.

If Thomas had chartered the plane and the 162-foot yacht himself, the total cost of the trip could have exceeded $500,000. Fortunately for him, that wasn’t necessary: He was on vacation with real estate magnate and Republican megadonor Harlan Crow, who owned the jet — and the yacht, too.....................................

.....................These trips appeared nowhere on Thomas’ financial disclosures. His failure to report the flights appears to violate a law passed after Watergate that requires justices, judges, members of Congress and federal officials to disclose most gifts, two ethics law experts said. He also should have disclosed his trips on the yacht, these experts said.

Clarence Thomas Secretly Accepted Luxury Trips From Major GOP Donor

A bought and paid for Supreme Court judge. That's the very definition of a banana republic.

I wish I had a friend who would take me on lavish trips, buy my home and allow me to live in it rent free till the day I die, and pay for my nephews college. What would he want in exchange? Do I have to suck his dick? Is he that hard up for friends? Do I have to disclose the gifts and pay taxes? Legally I bet I do. But I'm not a judge. If only I were I would know what the laws were.

Is Clarence and his wife really this much fun to be around? Maybe Harlan Crow is a Trump conspiracy theorist like Clarence's wife. Maybe they swing?

1683222010296.jpeg

It’s very likely others on the SC and judges throughout our justice system do similar things. Corruption reigns. However with any hope, Thomas will face consequences.

Democrats Say John Roberts' Reputation Is 'At Stake' After Latest Clarence Thomas Revelation​

The reputations of the Supreme Court and Chief Justice John Roberts are “at stake” if they do not move to adopt a binding code of conduct after new revelations about payments made by billionaire Harlan Crow to support Justice Clarence Thomas’ family, Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) said on Thursday.

I say Clarence needs to step down.

Democrats Say John Roberts' Reputation Is 'At Stake' After Latest Clarence Thomas Revelation​

The reputations of the Supreme Court and Chief Justice John Roberts are “at stake” if they do not move to adopt a binding code of conduct after new revelations about payments made by billionaire Harlan Crow to support Justice Clarence Thomas’ family, Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) said on Thursday.

I say Clarence needs to step down.
I say Clarence needs to step on the roaches attacking him.

I say Clarence needs to step on the roaches attacking him.
So it's okay to be corrupt. Got it. Then stop accusing the Biden's of doing what Clarence is doing.

Especially when you have no evidence against Biden. But Clarence, oh we have evidence.

Why do you care Biden is doing it but you're okay with Clarence doing it? Weird of you.

So it's okay to be corrupt. Got it. Then stop accusing the Biden's of doing what Clarence is doing.

Especially when you have no evidence against Biden. But Clarence, oh we have evidence.

Why do you care Biden is doing it but you're okay with Clarence doing it? Weird of you.
You cannot substaniate anything when evidence is being withheld by the FBI and DOJ.

Clarence's improprieties are so obvious. Did you see this? Breaking news. Clearly Clarence needs to step down and NOW

Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas accepted private school tuition payments for a young relative from conservative GOP megadonor Harlan Crow

A former administrator at Hidden Lake Academy in Georgia told ProPublica Crow footed the $6,000-a-month tuition bill for the entire year

The total that Crow paid for Martin’s tuition over the years was unclear, ProPublica reported, but the price of all four years at the two schools could have exceeded $150,000.

The payments are likely to fuel the uproar over Thomas’ acceptance of luxury vacations, private jet travel, megayacht adventures and real estate sales proceeds from Crow. Most of those gifts, like the tuition payments, aren’t mentioned on Thomas’ financial disclosure forms.
Thomas did not return ProPublica’s request for comment. He said earlier that he didn’t think he had to disclose “personal hospitality” from a friend.

Yea Clarence? You, a Supreme Court Justice didn't know the law? We find that very hard to believe. How about your billionaire buddy paying for your relatives private school? Don't see anything inappropriate with that? Nothing shady here?

The good thing is it seems this Harlan Crow character is paying reparations but only to the Thomas family.
I guess not, so why don't you tell us what's inappropriate about a family friend paying for a years worth of tutition?

I guess not, so why don't you tell us what's inappropriate about a family friend paying for a years worth of tutition?
I shouldn't have to. If it was a lower court judge it would be inappropriate. OMG you can argue water isn't wet.

A judge must avoid all impropriety and appearance of impropriety. This prohibition applies to both professional and personal conduct. A judge must expect to be the subject of constant public scrutiny and accept freely and willingly restrictions that might be viewed as burdensome by the ordinary citizen.

Then disclose it.

But he knew. And you can't say he didn't know because that would be insane. It would be a flat out lie.

You do not see the FBI not answering questions and the DoJ doing the same? What is with you stupid fucks?

Why answer absurd questions?
You guys want to play this game?

So now this is the 2nd billionaire (we know of) giving Clarence Thomas and his fat ass ugly wife $

$25K
$6K a month for their nephew. Did you hear Harlan Crow's excuse? He was just trying to help a inner city kid? BULLSHIT ALERT! LOL

Forum List

Back