Cleveland boy with fake pistol killed by police

plain fact is we have another child killed by cops for ABSOLUTELY NO GOOD REASON OTHER THAN THE COPS ARE COWARDS.

You are absolutely right.

I mean, he was just pointing a gun replica at random people for pete's sake.
Eggzactly. Twelve year old with a toy gun running around playing. If that scares the piss out of you, stay home. Now a cop with a toy gun that's scary.

Perception is as important as reality when it comes to lethal things.

The kid was basically pointing a gun at people, scaring them.

Eggzactly. Twelve year old with a toy gun running around playing. If that scares the piss out of you, stay home. Now a cop with a toy gun that's scary.

RKM, it looked exactly like a gun. He was going around pointing it at people. That's not playing. That's evolution at work. It's his and his family's problem he got killed for doing something extremely stupid and foolish.

Possibly a rush to judgement but this not likely.
Yes Playing, have you never played with toy guns as a kid?
The 'twelve year old' going on eighteen physically and five years mentally was waving a VERY accurate replica of a handgun.............with the orange tip REMOVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! at people in the park.
A concerned citizen, (negro) called 911.
When the police arrived he put the handgun in his waistband. When the police officers told him to put his hands up instead the negro reached for the handgun. He was then shot.
Those are the facts.
Today's 'toy handguns' are impossible to tell from real handguns.
THAT"S WHY THE MANUFACTURER IS LEGALLY REQUIRED TO PAINT A BRIGHT ORANGE COLOURED TIP ON THE BARREL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Some stupid negro removed the orange colour.
Then the budding gang banger goes to the park and starts waving the gun around and pointing it at people.
The police are trained to use deadly force if they believe they or someone else is in danger of their lives.
If the twelve year old had had a real semi automatic handgun and shot at the cops would you still be defending him?
Social Darwinism. Let's hope he hadn't already impregnated a few twelve years old 'baby mammas'.
plain fact is we have another child killed by cops for ABSOLUTELY NO GOOD REASON OTHER THAN THE COPS ARE COWARDS.

Not wanting to risk being shot is cowardice not? Come on Mike.
Yes, shooting a twelve year old playing with a toy gun in a park is cowardice.

IF you know it's a toy gun, shooting him wouldn't be cowardice it would be murder
gamo-pt-85-blowback-pellet-pistol-177-cal-450-fps-40.gif

0000245_springfield-xd45acp-xd9611hcsp06_250.jpeg

Mike , you see a kid reach into his waist band you see the butt of one of the above sticking out of it , you have about 3 seconds to decide is it real or not.

Are both those guns above real guns, fake guns, is one real , one fake?

The 'twelve year old' going on eighteen physically and five years mentally was waving a VERY accurate replica of a handgun.............with the orange tip REMOVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! at people in the park.
When the police arrived he put the handgun in his waistband. When the police officers told him to put his hands up instead the negro reached for the handgun. He was then shot.
Those are the facts.
THAT"S WHY THE MANUFACTURER IS LEGALLY REQUIRED TO PAINT A BRIGHT ORANGE COLOURED TIP ON THE BARREL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Then the budding gang banger goes to the park and starts waving the gun around and pointing it at people.
The police are trained to use deadly force if they believe they or someone else is in danger of their lives.
If the twelve year old had had a real semi automatic handgun and shot at the cops would you still be defending him?
Social Darwinism. Let's hope he hadn't already impregnated a few twelve years old 'baby mammas'.

How were the cops suppose to know that, when the kid took off the orange safety indicator. The kid wanted it to look like a real gun so that he could scare the people, which he did. This was a little brat who did not respect anyone or anything.

How were the cops suppose to know that, when the kid took off the orange safety indicator. The kid wanted it to look like a real gun so that he could scare the people, which he did. This was a little brat who did not respect anyone or anything.

I don't get the feeling RKM cares about that bit of evidence.

Also Mike, since when is running around pointing a realistic looking weapon at people considered "playing"

The VERY VERY VERY first rule ANY competent person teaches another in regards to gun safety is NEVER EVER EVER point it at anything or anyone you aren't willing to shoot.

Haven't we ALL been taught that? Well reasonable have, and so the very first thing a REASONABLE person thinks when a weapon is pointed at them is "shit that person is willing to shoot me"

Of course not. RKM would rather believe the lies.

Then the question becomes "why?"

What is his intent behind it?

It sure seems Scummy to me.

Mike is actually an honest guy, not one of of these posters who doesn't listen to evidence, usually anyway. Give him the benefit of the doubt here.

Then the question becomes "why?"

What is his intent behind it?

It sure seems Scummy to me.

It means he does not want to deal with the fact that many of our youth are not being raised right.

Those are the facts.

IF you know it's a toy gun, shooting him wouldn't be cowardice it would be murder

Mike , you see a kid reach into his waist band you see the butt of one of the above sticking out of it , you have about 3 seconds to decide is it real or not.

I'd ask the kid if it's real. Ask him if he could show it to me. In a park? Might do it behind a tree. Am I wearing a vest? It's a twelve year old kids for christ sake... Kill him before I know if it's a real gun or not? Have I heard a bang? No shots fired? You know how heavy a gun is, it's a twelve year old. Did he pull a light piece of plastic or a heavy gun? Is he pulling it out to show it to me or pulling it out with malice and anger to kill me?

I don't believe much in the no win scenario.

"Deputy Chief Ed Tomba said one officer fired twice after the boy pulled the fake weapon — which was lacking the orange safety indicator usually found on the muzzle — from his waistband but had not pointed it at police. The boy did not make any verbal threats, but grabbed the replica handgun after being told to raise his hands, Deputy Chief Tomba said."

Am I missing something? Kid goes to give the gun to the cop and gets killed..

Those are the facts.

I'd ask the kid if it's real. Ask him if he could show it to me. In a park? Might do it behind a tree. Am I wearing a vest? It's a twelve year old kids for christ sake... Kill him before I know if it's a real gun or not? Have I heard a bang? No shots fired? You know how heavy a gun is, it's a twelve year old. Did he pull a light piece of plastic or a heavy gun? Is he pulling it out to show it to me or pulling it out with malice and anger to kill me?

Mike, I don't mean to sound cold, but his age is irrelevant when it comes to a gun. There are stories of FOUR year olds firing guns.

No doubt this could have been handled better, but for God's sakes the ultimate responsibility comes down to the person who was shot.

A 12 year old should either know to put their hands up when the police say put your hands up.

This isn't a situation where a kid was shot for no reason. This is a situation where a kid was shot because he reached for a gun. Whether that gun was real or not is COMPLETELY independent of the child's age. 8 or 40 , you can't tell whether the gun he is reaching for is real or not.

"Deputy Chief Ed Tomba said one officer fired twice after the boy pulled the fake weapon — which was lacking the orange safety indicator usually found on the muzzle — from his waistband but had not pointed it at police. The boy did not make any verbal threats, but grabbed the replica handgun after being told to raise his hands, Deputy Chief Tomba said."

Yes, your missing that he was told to put his hands up and instead reached for the gun.

If he puts his fucking hands up he's still alive today . PERIOD.

Yes, your missing that he was told to put his hands up and instead reached for the gun.

If the cop doesn't shoot first and ask questions later the kid's alive too. Why wait till they are old enough to hold a plastic gun to kill them if we're this scared of little 12 year old black boys, why don't we just go house to house and end it.

I've coached hundreds of 12 year old kids. You scare the shit out of a 12 year old he's not likely to do what you tell him. More likely he's gonna be stunned. He's probably thinking you want my toy, here take it.

Make a wrong move your dead mother ____er? Really? We're talking about a 12 year old boy.

Mike, I don't mean to sound cold, but his age is irrelevant when it comes to a gun. There are stories of FOUR year olds firing guns.

No doubt this could have been handled better, but for God's sakes the ultimate responsibility comes down to the person who was shot.

A 12 year old should either know to put their hands up when the police say put your hands up.

This isn't a situation where a kid was shot for no reason. This is a situation where a kid was shot because he reached for a gun. Whether that gun was real or not is COMPLETELY independent of the child's age. 8 or 40 , you can't tell whether the gun he is reaching for is real or not.
Yeah ok I guess I'd make a bad cop. If I'm that cop I'm gonna let that boy shoot me dead before I kill him. I'd walk right up him smiling and waving like he's my long lost nephew.

But I'm used to kids having real guns, and airsoft guns, and bb guns, and they just don't scare the shit out of me. But if he was aiming down the sights of it at me... yeah that might be different,... maybe but probably not. More likely I'd tell him calmly not to point that thing at people. Or.. hey don't shoot you win.. That works to sometimes.

If the cop doesn't shoot first and ask questions later the kid's alive too. Why wait till they are old enough to hold a plastic gun to kill them if we're this scared of little 12 year old black boys, why don't we just go house to house and end it.

I've coached hundreds of 12 year old kids. You scare the shit out of a 12 year old he's not likely to do what you tell him. More likely he's gonna be stunned. He's probably thinking you want my toy, here take it.

Make a wrong move your dead mother ____er? Really? We're talking about a 12 year old boy.

Once again Mike, you are missing the point.

A cop should never HAVE to confront a 12 year old boy with a gun (fake or not) where are the these kids' parents?

Once again Mike, you are missing the point.

A cop should never HAVE to confront a 12 year old boy with a gun (fake or not) where are the these kids' parents?
When I was 12 and I was playing in the park... my parents would have been home.

Why are they allowed to sell toy replicas? Seems like anyone with a 100IQ would sue the shit out of those stores for selling toys that will get a kid killed by yellow striped cop.

Forum List

Back