Cleveland boy with fake pistol killed by police

He's a kid. Kid's make mistakes; they do dumb things. That doesn't mean they deserve to be shot down by cops. It doesn't mean they deserve to die. Of course you never made any mistakes as a kid. I'd believe that except you make tons of mistakes of judgment here, and it is unlikely your judgment as a child was better than it is now.

Oh, I've certainly made mistakes as a child. I never did something foolish enough that put my own life at risk. It's unfortunate that he will not learn from this mistake. His parents should have taught him not to point a 'gun' at people for fun.
Your self righteousness is out of place, not to mention being intellectually dishonest. The child is not responsible for his death. The cops' response to the situation was completely incorrect. It's very likely they will pay severely. Hope so.

It has nothing to do with self-righteousness.

It's common sense.

People need to be held accountable for their action. If you take something that looks exactly like a gun and go around terrifying people with it, you alone are responsible for the consequences of your actions. Would you also dismiss the child who thought it was fun to set homes on fire, or deliver wrapped, dubious packages to certain businesses?
Your analogies are completely illogical. Those exampls have nothing to do with playing with a toy gun. You're a really sad, soulless fellow for blaming this child for his death. The police response was COMPLETELY inappropriate and they will suffer for it.

Your analogies are completely illogical. Those exampls have nothing to do with playing with a toy gun. You're a really sad, soulless fellow for blaming this child for his death. The police response was COMPLETELY inappropriate and they will suffer for it.

You shouldn't allow yourself to lose control of your emotions.

I think you should find the courage to acknowledge the fact that this child did something very dangerous and ill-advised: he deliberately took off the safety strip and went after people, pointing what looked like an incredibly real gun at them. How would you feel if someone pointed what looked exactly like a real handgun at you? How would you feel?

He's a kid. Kid's make mistakes; they do dumb things. That doesn't mean they deserve to be shot down by cops. It doesn't mean they deserve to die. Of course you never made any mistakes as a kid. I'd believe that except you make tons of mistakes of judgment here, and it is unlikely your judgment as a child was better than it is now.

Oh, I've certainly made mistakes as a child. I never did something foolish enough that put my own life at risk. It's unfortunate that he will not learn from this mistake. His parents should have taught him not to point a 'gun' at people for fun.
So you never played cops & robbers? Cowboys & indians? Never shot someone with a squirt gun?

I've never taken an exact gun replica, tore off the orange safety strip that shows it's a fake, and then go into a public park and point it at people, terrifying the hell out of them.

Oh, I have played with brightly-colored squirt guns with my friend in the past, and wooden guns, too.
Ok, so the issue was that it was a replica with a remove-able tip. But let's also admit that he did not point it at the cop, unless you have a link for that?

So the issue is "supposedly" he pointed it at people and scared them. Was this reported by other people or just the 911 caller? I'm remembering that other case where the skin head nazi called in 911 about a black guy about to kill everyone with a tactical rifle waving it around pointing it at babies ... when from the videos it turned out to be a bb gun and he never pointed it at anyone. Death by 911 caller.

Ok, so the issue was that it was a replica with a remove-able tip. But let's also admit that he did not point it at the cop, unless you have a link for that? .

Last I read he did not point it at the officer, but reached for it in his waist, where it was being kept.

He was reported to have been pointing it at people.

blaming this child for his death.

What would you say if the gun was real?
So what if it's real did he shoot anyone?

When it comes to extremely dangerous things, perception and reality can be the same.

Some are not willing to find out if he'd shoot at someone, or deal with the consequences should he take innocent lives. Were the cops to allow themselves to be shot at... to find out?

You shouldn't allow yourself to lose control of your emotions.

I think you should find the courage to acknowledge the fact that this child did something very dangerous and ill-advised: he deliberately took off the safety strip and went after people, pointing what looked like an incredibly real gun at them. How would you feel if someone pointed what looked exactly like a real handgun at you? How would you feel?
Fuck you, you sexist asshole. What a complete jackass you have proven yourself to be using such sexist tactics in debating with a woman. Go fuck yourself. I'll not respond to you again. And, I am aware of what a racist you are from your posts in another thread. You are beneath contemp. As well, I am aware from your posts in general that you are mentally unstable and some sort of sad sack human being. You're a miserable,sad racist. Get some therapy. You're pathetic and you know you are: you don't need an angry woman to tell you about it. You already know.

blaming this child for his death.

What would you say if the gun was real?
So what if it's real did he shoot anyone?

When it comes to extremely dangerous things, perception and reality can be the same.

Some are not willing to find out if he'd shoot at someone, or deal with the consequences should he take innocent lives. Were the cops to allow themselves to be shot at... to find out?
I've met up with other hunters in the woods. With weapons drawn. We didn't kill each other. This was a 12 year old boy. He did not point his gun at the cops.. The cop saw the gun and killed him out of fear for his life. Yes he should have given the boy a chance to put the gun down.

Fuck you, you sexist asshole. What a complete jackass you have proven yourself to be using such sexist tactics in debating with a woman. Go fuck yourself. I'll not respond to you again. And, I am aware of what a racist you are from your posts in another thread. You are beneath contemp.

I did not tell you to try not to lose control of your emotions because you're a woman, but because in this very thread you have been losing control of your emotions and behaving like a child. You are lashing out because you've basically lost control, and I'm sure it must be embarrassing to every other woman out there who does have control of her emotions.

I'm willing to discuss this issue with you, but only if you gain your composure and treat people with basic human decency and respect. Disagreeing with someone on an issue doesn't give you the right to throw a tantrum.

I've met up with other hunters in the woods. We didn't kill each other.

Were the hunters pointing real/fake guns at people?

If not I don't understand what you're meaning to say.

There do exist hunters that are peaceful and simply want some grilled venison steaks or wild turkey. :)

Fuck you, you sexist asshole. What a complete jackass you have proven yourself to be using such sexist tactics in debating with a woman. Go fuck yourself. I'll not respond to you again. And, I am aware of what a racist you are from your posts in another thread. You are beneath contemp.

I did not tell you to try not to lose control of your emotions because you're a woman, but because in this very thread you have been losing control of your emotions and behaving like a child. You are lashing out because you've basically lost control, and I'm sure it must be embarrassing to every other woman out there who does have control of her emotions.

I'm willing to discuss this issue with you, but only if you gain your composure and treat people with basic human decency and respect. Disagreeing with someone on an issue doesn't give you the right to throw a tantrum.
Oh you fucking asshole,. You are just a fucking asshole. Too bad you didn't die at 12 because you made a mistake of judgment. I'm sure the world would be a better place without the likes of you. I'm not discussing anything with such a total jackass as you are. I never deal with morons like you. You're on ignore. Go fuck yourself you pathetic excuse for a human being. Sad, sad human flotsam that you are. The person who should be embarrassed is you: you should be embarrassed just to exist

I've met up with other hunters in the woods. We didn't kill each other.

Were the hunters pointing real/fake guns at people?

If not I don't understand what you're meaning to say.

There do exist hunters that are peaceful and simply want some grilled venison steaks or wild turkey. :)
You would trust the 911 caller's report of a child terrorizing a park with a gun to the point of killing a 12year old boy? Without even seeing him point the gun at anyone. You've convicted this boy already and you are just the strong arm of the law protecting everyone from this accused boy... as soon as you see the gun he's dead, that about cover it?

I've met up with other hunters in the woods. With weapons drawn. We didn't kill each other. This was a 12 year old boy. He did not point his gun at the cops.. The cop saw the gun and killed him out of fear for his life. Yes he should have given the boy a chance to put the gun down.

Were the hunters pointing their guns at you? It's fortunate that no one was hurt. I mean that.

I've heard conflicting reports about the boy pointing his gun at police. I have heard that he reached for the gun in his waist, though. All in all it's an unfortunate event.

Oh you fucking asshole,. You are just a fucking asshole. Too bad you didn't die at 12 because you made a mistake of judgment. I'm sure the world would be a better place without the likes of you.

I'll not respond back in kind. Please take a break and, whenever you're ready, I'll speak with you further on this issue.

You would trust the 911 caller's report of a child terrorizing a park with a gun to the point of killing a 12year old boy? Without even seeing him point the gun at anyone. You've convicted this boy already and you are just the strong arm of the law protecting everyone from this accused boy... as soon as you see the gun he's dead, that about cover it?

Should we not put any faith in 911 calls?

I've called 911 before, and the dispatcher relayed the information to the police. Should we not have been trusted, but doubted? People die when the dispatcher does not take seriously the caller, or when the police does not take seriously the dispatcher. They are professionals, and both lives and seconds matter.

Oh you fucking asshole,. You are just a fucking asshole. Too bad you didn't die at 12 because you made a mistake of judgment. I'm sure the world would be a better place without the likes of you.

I'll not respond back in kind. Please take a break and, whenever you're ready, I'll speak with you further on this issue.
You'll speak to me? What a jackass. I've no intention of ever speaking to you. You are not worthy of my attention. Go get some therapy. You are a truly fucked up individual. You'r main position here is that you are just thrilled another black kid has been murdered by a cop or a cop wanabe. I'll bet you wish it was you had done it. Again, you're just human flotsam. Fuck you.

Ok, so the issue was that it was a replica with a remove-able tip. But let's also admit that he did not point it at the cop, unless you have a link for that? .

Last I read he did not point it at the officer, but reached for it in his waist, where it was being kept.

He was reported to have been pointing it at people.
AND NOT SHOOTING IT... and no calls from any of the people he pointed the gun at...which IS an important part of the story. Why didn't he shoot his gun and kill all of the people he was pointing it at that was reported?

that's the full story.... that's what the cops knew, a man supposedly, was pointing his gun at people and did not shoot them....the cops knew he had not fired the gun at anyone.

Forum List

Back