Clint Eastwood Signs Brief Supporting Same-Sex Marriage

Perhaps you all don't see the irony here ~ the big time, major, celebrity speaker at the GOP convention signing a pro-gay marriage document, a document to be presented to the California Supreme Court....that's pretty fucking ironic.....

He was only one of many signers, was a brief to the United States Supreme Court, not the California Supreme Court.

>>>>

It doesn't matter how many others signed it or whether it was the California Supreme Court or the US Supreme Court. It makes no difference to my point. It is still highly ironic that this man was a speaker at the GOP convention, supposedly representing Conservative values, and he signed a document that condones gay marriage. Does not matter how many others signed it. The point is he does not represent GOP values.

In other words, you hate when republicans oppose gay marriage AND you hate it when republicans support gay marriage.

:cuckoo:

but sign no law that infringes upon that freedom for people to discriminate against behavior, choice, and action of others that they don't like or agree with

Those laws have already been around for decades, they are call Public Accommodation laws and prevent discrimination based on several factors, one being religion which is a behavior, choice, and action that some might not like or agree with.

Depending on the state these Public Accommodation laws which pretty much all include religion (a choice) can include marital status (a choice), veteran's status (a choice), parental status (a choice), etc.

>>>>

Pubic accommodations laws are predicated on Commerce Clause jurisprudence, where the courts have ruled that for businesses serving the general public to engage in discrimination would have an adverse effect on various markets Nationwide.

Private entities such as churches and social organizations like the BSA that are not categorized to be accommodating the general public are free to discriminate against whomever they wish. See: Heart of Atlanta Motel v. US (1964), BSA v. Dale (2000).

He was only one of many signers, was a brief to the United States Supreme Court, not the California Supreme Court.

>>>>

It doesn't matter how many others signed it or whether it was the California Supreme Court or the US Supreme Court. It makes no difference to my point. It is still highly ironic that this man was a speaker at the GOP convention, supposedly representing Conservative values, and he signed a document that condones gay marriage. Does not matter how many others signed it. The point is he does not represent GOP values.

In other words, you hate when republicans oppose gay marriage AND you hate it when republicans support gay marriage.

:cuckoo:

You're a fucking moron.

Hate to break it to you but not every member of the GOP thinks like a fucking robot and supports every issue the exact same way... You want to see examples of that, go round up a few of the Obamabots

Republican values are not conservative values. None of these people really changed their minds, they always supported same sex marriage. Not one claims to have some sort of come to Jesus moment when the light shone down and they heard the word of the Lord.

It is the nation heading toward the dustbin of history. Sad to say. Then it will all have to start again. The lifecycle of nations.

You have it backwards.
Conservatives want less government intrusion into the private lives of others.
No true conservative opposes gay marriage.
That is a social issue for liberals only, not a conservative one.
You have your religious beliefs confused with conservatism.

I don't have any religious basis for opposing same sex marriage. I've never used a religious argument, nor ever mentioned religion. You did, so you must have need of a straw man.

So...what IS your reason for opposing legalized same sex marriage?

Republican values are not conservative values. None of these people really changed their minds, they always supported same sex marriage. Not one claims to have some sort of come to Jesus moment when the light shone down and they heard the word of the Lord.

It is the nation heading toward the dustbin of history. Sad to say. Then it will all have to start again. The lifecycle of nations.

You have it backwards.

I don't have any religious basis for opposing same sex marriage. I've never used a religious argument, nor ever mentioned religion. You did, so you must have need of a straw man.

You can oppose it all you want. You can define it all you want but if you seek to use the power of government to stop it you are no conservative.

What is your opposition based on other than religious beliefs?
Where do you get your "marriage should be BY LAW one man and one woman"
Where else but religion?
Quit shitting us.

You have it backwards.

And you have it just as wrong as Katzndogz…

Marriage equality is not a ‘social issue’ for ‘liberals only,’ it’s a matter of public policy and Constitutional law, where the states are acting in a manner offensive to the Constitution, where a class of persons is being singled-out and subject to discriminatory measures solely for who they are.

This should be opposed by every American, regardless his political philosophy.

Never said it was a social issue for liberals only so tell us what you believe and not what your opinion is of what others believe.
I said that liberals want to use government to force their social agenda on others such as welfare, food stamps, Medicare, Social Security and on and on and on and on.
I agree with the rest of your well written post.

This is hysterical!
Bunch of hypocrites I see here.

You hated Eastwood for his empty chair routine, the horrible things that were said about him, shame on you!

Now you love him!

Eastwood is not lock step and has supported Dems and Reps.

"Eastwood is also a supporter of gun control laws. "I've always supported a certain amount of gun control. I think it's very important that guns don't get in the wrong hands; It's very important to keep them out of the hands of felons or anyone who might be crazy with it"

Where the heck is rdean?

Meh, Clint did more damage than good for Romney with that empty chair routine.

The meme for the night that should have been "What a warm guy Romney is" from that infomercial they produced instead became, "Has Clint lost his mind?"

I still like Clint's movies - most of them, anyway.

Funny how you keep saying that without a shred of evidence.

As a long time Romney supporter Joe has this one spot on.
The Clint Eastwood ad was absurd and as sophmorish as they come.
I shook my head in disgust at the theatrics of it.

Last person us conservatives want a as a spokesperson is a talking head Hollywood movie star that has never run a business in his life and had to figure out a payroll.

Again- our only two Businessmen President.

Herbert Hoover and George W. Bush.

This is hysterical!
Bunch of hypocrites I see here.

You hated Eastwood for his empty chair routine, the horrible things that were said about him, shame on you!

Now you love him!

Eastwood is not lock step and has supported Dems and Reps.

"Eastwood is also a supporter of gun control laws. "I've always supported a certain amount of gun control. I think it's very important that guns don't get in the wrong hands; It's very important to keep them out of the hands of felons or anyone who might be crazy with it"

Where the heck is rdean?

The meme for the night that should have been "What a warm guy Romney is" from that infomercial they produced instead became, "Has Clint lost his mind?"

The evidence was that in the polls, after three nights of convention, when the oppossing candidate usually gets a boost, there wasn't one poll showing Romney leading Obama.

In fact, the Pollsters didn't start showing any tightening of the race until after the first debate.

EXCLUSIVE: Clint Eastwood Signs Brief Supporting Same-Sex Marriage

Breitbart News has learned exclusively that Clint Eastwood has signed an amicus brief to the Supreme Court, supporting the right of same-sex couples to marry. The brief, which will be released later this evening, has signatures from more than 100 Republican and conservative activists. It involves the case before the Supreme Court, seeking to overturn CA's Proposition 8, which banned same-sex marriage in the state.

Eastwood is lost all credibility he had with conservatives supporting the Godless gays and same sex marriage.

Breitbart News has learned exclusively that Clint Eastwood has signed an amicus brief to the Supreme Court, supporting the right of same-sex couples to marry. The brief, which will be released later this evening, has signatures from more than 100 Republican and conservative activists. It involves the case before the Supreme Court, seeking to overturn CA's Proposition 8, which banned same-sex marriage in the state.

Eastwood is lost all credibility he had with conservatives supporting the Godless gays and same sex marriage.

So...you call yourself a conservative but you want GOVERNMENT to be used to keep gays from being equal?

The evidence was that in the polls, after three nights of convention, when the oppossing candidate usually gets a boost, there wasn't one poll showing Romney leading Obama.

In fact, the Pollsters didn't start showing any tightening of the race until after the first debate.

All that proves is he didn't get a boost from the traditional positive reporting from the convention. I wonder, could that be because the media forgot to do the traditional positive reporting?

Fuck off.

The left wing political junky's have been ranting about "lobbyist" influence in government for years and now the freaking hypocrites think that a bunch of actors lobbying the Supreme Court is fine as long as the sissies get to tie the knot.

The left wing political junky's have been ranting about "lobbyist" influence in government for years and now the freaking hypocrites think that a bunch of actors lobbying the Supreme Court is fine as long as the sissies get to tie the knot.

Republicans loved him when he was their boy.
These briefs are not really lobbying.

Last edited:
All that proves is he didn't get a boost from the traditional positive reporting from the convention. I wonder, could that be because the media forgot to do the traditional positive reporting?

Blaming the media because your candidate failed to excite anyone?

(Oh, that's right, Romney wasn't your candidate, you're a libertarian whack.)

No, guy, the reason why there wasn't anything positive said about that convention was because there was nothing positive about it. It was a three day temper tantrum about how the various whacks that now make up the GOP aren't getting their way on anything.

Last person us conservatives want a as a spokesperson is a talking head Hollywood movie star that has never run a business in his life and had to figure out a payroll.

Again- our only two Businessmen President.

Herbert Hoover and George W. Bush.

Jimmy Carter was a businessman.

Give up and quit the hate Joe!!

I thought he was a peanut farmer...

But if we accept your contention, doesn't that just underscore my point that the "skills" that make you a good businessman (Namely, being a complete douchebag) make you a horrible president?

So can you name a businessman President who didn't totally fuck it all up?

Forum List

Back