CDZ Clooney power

Oddly enough anti gay legislation is a relic of empire. True story.
If they kick them out where do they stop ?

Yep, the empire spread its puritanism far and wide - formerly almost libertine India being the biggest, most saddening victim of that malignant disease.

As far as I've seen, all that's been debated so far is suspending their membership, which means they're no longer invited to family meetings while retaining their membership status. Since I have no idea whether the sultan is amenable to reason, or a stern talking-to, or even the political forces behind the imposition of Stone Age legislation, I also have no idea whether the suspension is of any use, or what the possible consequences of expulsion might be.

The main point I would make (and did, previously) is that their primary business is oil, and, very likely, the only thing that might get their attention is anything that would cut into that business. That, however, is very unlikely for reasons as plain as day, as we place our self-interest above the poor gay or trans suckers in faraway places, and that's also why I tend to snicker (a bit) at the public hyperventilation about tiny Brunei - or the hyperventilation about Islam. For whoever proclaims their dismay over anti-gay policies & Islam, and then mounts their pompous SUV (or any other car, for that matter) to drive to the next supermarket, should have their sanctimonious virtue signalling beaten out of them, metaphorically speaking.

Oddly enough anti gay legislation is a relic of empire. True story.
If they kick them out where do they stop ?

Yep, the empire spread its puritanism far and wide - formerly almost libertine India being the biggest, most saddening victim of that malignant disease.

As far as I've seen, all that's been debated so far is suspending their membership, which means they're no longer invited to family meetings while retaining their membership status. Since I have no idea whether the sultan is amenable to reason, or a stern talking-to, or even the political forces behind the imposition of Stone Age legislation, I also have no idea whether the suspension is of any use, or what the possible consequences of expulsion might be.

The main point I would make (and did, previously) is that their primary business is oil, and, very likely, the only thing that might get their attention is anything that would cut into that business. That, however, is very unlikely for reasons as plain as day, as we place our self-interest above the poor gay or trans suckers in faraway places, and that's also why I tend to snicker (a bit) at the public hyperventilation about tiny Brunei - or the hyperventilation about Islam. For whoever proclaims their dismay over anti-gay policies & Islam, and then mounts their pompous SUV (or any other car, for that matter) to drive to the next supermarket, should have their sanctimonious virtue signalling beaten out of them, metaphorically speaking.
The isolation and shunning of the Saudis sets the tone.

Anyway, back to the OP. We probably would not be discussing this if it wasnt for George.

Meanwhile in Texas.

Texas Senate passes anti-LGBT 'freedom to discriminate' bill

The law includes narrow exemptions from police officers and those providing emergency medical care, who would be the only professional groups who could face action for discriminating against LGBT+ people.​

So, practically everyone is - according to the bill - free to discriminate against LGBT+ people on religious grounds, just police and emergency medical care folks aren't? Have the Texas Senators no respect for these folks and their religious freedoms?

Darn. Texas! Let's hope the Texan Representatives rectify that defect.

Actors like all the rest of us have the same right to voice there opinion, you are not required to agree or support.

Anyway, back to the OP. We probably would not be discussing this if it wasnt for George.

Meanwhile in Texas.

Texas Senate passes anti-LGBT 'freedom to discriminate' bill

The law includes narrow exemptions from police officers and those providing emergency medical care, who would be the only professional groups who could face action for discriminating against LGBT+ people.​

So, practically everyone is - according to the bill - free to discriminate against LGBT+ people on religious grounds, just police and emergency medical care folks aren't? Have the Texas Senators no respect for these folks and their religious freedoms?

Darn. Texas! Let's hope the Texan Representatives rectify that defect.

Leftists have no problem advocating the discrimination against those who they POLITICALLY do NOT approve. Eg. You would have NO problem if that bill was ACTIVELY DISCRIMINATING against those that Leftists call White Nationalists? But but but WHAT about White Supremacists NOT the SAME as White Nationalists of course, but would you SUPPORT a bill that say you can REFUSE service and DISCRIMINATE against someone who appears wearing a Ku Klux Klan costume? Or do you think that ONLY LGBTQ should NOT be discriminated against? If so WHY, they are NOT special, they should NOT have Protected Status, if someone does NOT want to deal with LGBTQ they have a RIGHT to say NO.

Dearest Tommy,

I too am opposed to killing people for their sexual orientation.

My question is why do you and every liberal in the world welcome them with open arms when you know what they stand for? Why are you crying about them killing your friends when you support muslims?

Sincerely,
Your friend in Texas

PS, You know that's the state that doesn't punish you for exercising your religious beliefs by refusing to serve sodomites.

Islam sucks
Islam sucks

Cool leap bruh. So you blame Christianism for slavery too right?

Thread topic is not Christianity it is Islam, ogo this is the CDZ do not deflect from the OP Topic.

Thread topic is NOT Islam. It's a knuckledraggian law in Brunei. You wanna talk deflection, talk to the poster who just deflected it. Don't bother, I already beat you to it.

Thread topic IS Islam, the law in Brunei is part of Sharia Law, Sharia Law IS Islamic.

Then slavery is Christianic.

Same thing.

Oh? How come slavery still persists in Islamic-only nations then?

Companies abandon Brunei's Dorchester hotel over gay sex law

High-profile events and awards shows have been cancelled at the Dorchester in London in protest at the decision of Brunei, the hotel’s ultimate owner, to make gay sex and adultery punishable by stoning to death.

The boycott against businesses owned by the Brunei state has continued to grow in recent days, following an outcry from LGBT campaigners including Sir Elton John over the introduction of the new rules, ordered by the sultan of Brunei, Hassanal Bolkiah.

With other celebrities including the actor George Clooney giving their support to the boycott campaign, a string of companies confirmed on Friday that they would no longer be using the five-star hotel’s facilities. The TV Choice awards, several major property companies and the Financial Times were among those that said they would be cancelling events.

The backlash has started.

High-profile events and awards shows have been cancelled at the Dorchester in London in protest at the decision of Brunei, the hotel’s ultimate owner, to make gay sex and adultery punishable by stoning to death.

The boycott against businesses owned by the Brunei state has continued to grow in recent days, following an outcry from LGBT campaigners including Sir Elton John over the introduction of the new rules, ordered by the sultan of Brunei, Hassanal Bolkiah.

With other celebrities including the actor George Clooney giving their support to the boycott campaign, a string of companies confirmed on Friday that they would no longer be using the five-star hotel’s facilities. The TV Choice awards, several major property companies and the Financial Times were among those that said they would be cancelling events.

I do not think that ANY of this is going to change the decision in Brunei I think the law will not be changed.

Cool leap bruh. So you blame Christianism for slavery too right?

Thread topic is not Christianity it is Islam, ogo this is the CDZ do not deflect from the OP Topic.

Thread topic is NOT Islam. It's a knuckledraggian law in Brunei. You wanna talk deflection, talk to the poster who just deflected it. Don't bother, I already beat you to it.

Thread topic IS Islam, the law in Brunei is part of Sharia Law, Sharia Law IS Islamic.

Same thing.

It doesn't.

That was easy. What do I win?

Same thing.

It doesn't.

You win zero ogo.

And the Western nations that still have slavery ie. buying and selling human beings to be slaves? You can name these Western nations?

Same thing.

It doesn't.

You win zero ogo.

And the Western nations that still have slavery ie. buying and selling human beings to be slaves? You can name these Western nations?

I don't maintain that they exist. Ask Maid Marion.

Most of the world banned slavery before we did.

Same thing.

It doesn't.

You win zero ogo.

There is slavery in Africa in Islamic nations, there is slavery in Middle East nations, this exist NOW is happening NOW to predominately women, they buy and sell women for the use of sex slaves or general slaves, to be used and then they throw away. To deny this IS happening ogo is WRONG, to deny this ogo because you think you have to support Islam or be called a bigot or whatever is WRONG.

Same thing.

It doesn't.

You win zero ogo.

There is slavery in Africa in Islamic nations, there is slavery in Middle East nations, this exist NOW is happening NOW to predominately women, they buy and sell women for the use of sex slaves or general slaves, to be used and then they throw away. To deny this IS happening ogo is WRONG, to deny this ogo because you think you have to support Islam or be called a bigot or whatever is WRONG.

Human trafficking does exist, and always has, and AGAIN it has nothing to do with religions.

Same thing.

It doesn't.

You win zero ogo.

There is an underground sex trafficking going on in the United States, and you can bet it is liberals who are allowing it, because they wont deal with the problem at the border. Also you can bet many liberals, like Joe(the groper) Biden has child sex trafficking as Uncle Joe cant keep his hands off small boys and girls..

secret-service-agent-we-protected-women-children-from-predator-joe-biden-151117.jpg

Same thing.

It doesn't.

You win zero ogo.

I do not think that ANY of this is going to change the decision in Brunei I think the law will not be changed.
I think you may be right. But the west needs to make a stand at some point or we slide back into the dark ages. The Dorchester is an easy target for mischief. Lets get it on.

It doesn't.

You win zero ogo.

I think you may be right. But the west needs to make a stand at some point or we slide back into the dark ages. The Dorchester is an easy target for mischief. Lets get it on.

Yes The West need to make a stand, but as I comment in this thread already is that going to happen? Western Governments have ZERO morals on these issues, they think ONLY of what their Corporate Paymasters dictate, so ONLY care about Trade Deals and Arms Deals, I cannot see ANY Western Government putting sanctions on Brunei like they do NOT put sanctions on Saudi Arabia IF they did NOT put sanctions on Saudi Arabia for the brutal murder of that journalist in the Saudi Embassy in Turkey then they are NOT in my opinion going to put sanctions on Brunei for this brutal law they now activate.

Forum List

Back