CNBC: The rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer

Income disparity increased under Obama, along with poverty. If you don't like increased income disparity you should never have voted for that asshole.
The Bush tax cuts didn't end until 2013. That isn't on Obama. Damn you people are ignorant.

What? I must have missed something in this conversation, because what you said does not follow any logical sense.

What does Bush's tax cuts.... have to do with income disparity?

Are you under some illusion that tax policy will somehow make the income of a wealthy person different?

If I make $200K, and the tax rate is 30%.... how much money did I make? $200K.
If I make $200K, and the tax rate is 40%.... how much money did I make? $200K.

Same is true of someone else making $25K. Tax rate is high or low, makes no difference. You still made $25K.

So it really makes no difference what the tax rate is. The disparity between me and you, will be the same.

And the tax rates really make no difference at all, to people who make significantly more.

For example.... do you think that tax rates have anything at all to do with say.... Mark Zuckerberg, keeping his income more equal with the common worker?

Do you think that having a high tax rate is going to reduce the income disparity between the lower-class and Zuckerberg?

Do you think a low tax rate is going to increase the income disparity between the lower-class and Zuckerberg?

And the answer is..... no. Neither. The tax rate could be Zero, or it could be 100%, and it would have no effect on Zuckerberg at all. Why? Because Zuckerbergs wealth is tied to his ownership of Facebook.

When the value of Facebook goes up $100 Million dollars... Zuckerbergs value goes up $100 Million dollars. Your tax policy does absolutely nothing. Do you know what Zuckerbergs yearly salary is, that is taxed at income tax rates? $1. That's not $1 million. That is one dollar and zero cents.

By the way, do you know what Warren Buffets yearly salary is? $100,000. Those top marginal rates have zero effect on him either.

Tax rates have nothing to do with income disparity. Absolutely nothing. No connection between the two at all.

The only way to reduce disparity is to have a wealth tax. That will not happen. They tried to put a wealth tax to a vote in California, and hundreds of the wealthy left the state just because they thought it would happen.

In France they actually passed a wealth tax, and thousand of the wealthy left France. They had business owners closing their business completely, driving across the boarder into Luxembourg and Belgium, and reopening the business often with the exact same people.

The exodus got so bad, that they had to repeal it or risk crashing the economy.

This is why every country that has tried to reduce disparity has ended up ruined. Venezuela has lost 1.5 Million people by now, fleeing their equality based economic policies.

A historic exodus is leaving Venezuela without teachers, doctors and electricians

Honestly we don't even have the numbers that leave, because literally everyone is leaving the equality paradise, and many are coming to the US. Apparently our oppressive disparity is so bad, that everyone wants to come here.

Income disparity is the dumbest of the dumb left-wing issues.

If the "rich" were smart, they would learn the lessons of history regarding excessive wealth/privilege gaps.

Who gives a shit, except for greedy Moon Bats, if somebody else makes more money?

What I do give a shit about is the government taking my money by force through oppressive taxation and the government curtailing economic growth with onerous regulations. Government interference that will keep Americans from achieving their potential. Like taking their money and giving it to welfare queens and Illegals and doing dumbass things like funding Solyndra. .

Aldo, you know, like when that asshole Obama was President and we had increased poverty, decreased family income, tremendous debt, increased income disparity and dismal economic growth. Thank god that worthless piece of shit isn't President any more and that his chosen predecessor Crooked Hillary didn't get elected.

Weird, where are these poorer folk? Seems like everyone has a cell phone and flat screen.
Cell phones and flat screens are a failed measuring barometer for the economic injustice of 270% to 1. Try again.

Economic injustice....gee sounds very final and proper...to a snowflake.

According to statistical data from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), the top 1% had an adjusted gross income of $465,626 or higher for the 2014 tax year. TheWashington Center for Equitable Growth put the average household income for this group at $1,260,508 for 2014.Sep 15, 2016

nobody takes the right wing seriously about economics. it does Nothing for infrastructure. it only adds to the debt.

U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

You are such a dumb ass….

Trump has the economy Roaring.

Turn off your fake news at cnn and msnbc

and listen to Rush or Fox ……

What did obongo’s stimulus money do?

That’s right nothing, just another big liberal rip off
federal spending is at One Hundred Thirty-Eight percent and climbing. US debt is at One Hundred Sixty-Nine percent and climbing...U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

The US economy expanded an annualized 2 percent on quarter in the first quarter of 2018, below 2.2 percent in the second estimate and market expectations of 2.2 percent.

United States GDP Growth Rate | 1947-2018 | Data | Chart | Calendar

Like a liberal has ever been concerned with the National Debt before....
and the right wing does?

You libtards have no credibility on the Federal Deficit.

It takes money to fix America after obongo almost destroyed it…….

The community organizer never even held a real job, he didn’t

have a clue how to run a grocery store let alone the Country.

If not for obongo’s Black privilege, we wouldn’t even know his name….

Nobody takes the right wing seriously about economics or morals. Hang out with right wing Bakers, lately.

You are such a dumb ass….

Trump has the economy Roaring.

Turn off your fake news at cnn and msnbc

and listen to Rush or Fox ……

What did obongo’s stimulus money do?

That’s right nothing, just another big liberal rip off
federal spending is at One Hundred Thirty-Eight percent and climbing. US debt is at One Hundred Sixty-Nine percent and climbing...U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

The US economy expanded an annualized 2 percent on quarter in the first quarter of 2018, below 2.2 percent in the second estimate and market expectations of 2.2 percent.

United States GDP Growth Rate | 1947-2018 | Data | Chart | Calendar

and the right wing does?

Nobody takes the right wing seriously about economics or morals. Hang out with right wing Bakers, lately.

And I say those that don’t are fools like yourself…….

Your so called experts like paul krugmam said the

world would end if Trump were elected.

Boy does that make Krugman and you look stupid now…

On the flip side of what you ended with,

You hanging out with any queers, lately?

and the right wing does?

Still resorting to the fewest fallacies, unlike practitioners of the abomination of hypocrisy.

and the right wing does?

Still resorting to the fewest fallacies, unlike practitioners of the abomination of hypocrisy.

You just spit out a mouth full of bull shit.....

You should probably go eat a dead buzzard

to get the taste out of your mouth.

and the right wing does?

why do the already rich, need tax breaks?

Infrastructure is more important.

• Thanks
Reactions: WTP
The rich are getting richer because they keep doing the things that made them rich.

The poor are getting poorer because they keep doing the things that made them poor.
Opinions are worth dog pooh. Start by rebutting facts. Then your posts mean something; The Rise of the Working Poor and the Non-Working Rich

It’s also commonly believed, especially among Republicans, that the rich deserve their wealth because they work harder than others.

In reality, a large and growing portion of the super-rich have never broken a sweat. Their wealth has been handed to them.

Last edited:
Income disparity increased under Obama, along with poverty. If you don't like increased income disparity you should never have voted for that asshole.
Income disparity started with the Reagan tax cuts, while the Bush tax cuts ended in 2013. Had nothing to do with Obama. This is the result of forty years of tax cuts going to the wealthy; Introducing Ed's 'vulture chart'. This chart was prepared by the Centers for Tax Policy. Do you have a chart that rebuts this reality?

The Rich spend their money and they employ people…

I know you dumb asses don’t get it, but it trickles down.

Did you complain about obongo’s Stimulus Package?

If not shut the flock up….

it does nothing for infrastructure. the poor spend money and create demand.

trickle down is worthless.

yes, i did. the rich got their multimillion dollar bonuses while on Means Tested corporate Welfare. The right wing Only complains about the poor.

[\QUOTE]

Infrastructure is more important.[/QUOTE]

What do Republicans want? To transform the U.S. into a country where the government is small, weak, and useless, as in some parts of the world?

Damn you're ignorant. Obama's stimulus package was not a result of trickle down economics. It was money borrowed and injected back into the economy that averted a second Great Depression. That's what the stimulus package was. No Evidence of 'Trickle Down' Job Creation - NYTimes.com

In reality, a large and growing portion of the super-rich have never broken a sweat. Their wealth has been handed to them.

Last edited:
[\QUOTE]

What do Republicans want? To transform the U.S. into a country where the government is small, weak, and useless, as in some parts of the world?[/QUOTE]
Give the people bread and circus is what they are after.

Even in the best of economic times there has always been a group of the poor unemployed.

The Bush tax cuts didn't end until 2013. That isn't on Obama. Damn you people are ignorant.

What? I must have missed something in this conversation, because what you said does not follow any logical sense.

What does Bush's tax cuts.... have to do with income disparity?

Are you under some illusion that tax policy will somehow make the income of a wealthy person different?

If I make $200K, and the tax rate is 30%.... how much money did I make? $200K.
If I make $200K, and the tax rate is 40%.... how much money did I make? $200K.

Same is true of someone else making $25K. Tax rate is high or low, makes no difference. You still made $25K.

So it really makes no difference what the tax rate is. The disparity between me and you, will be the same.

And the tax rates really make no difference at all, to people who make significantly more.

For example.... do you think that tax rates have anything at all to do with say.... Mark Zuckerberg, keeping his income more equal with the common worker?

Do you think that having a high tax rate is going to reduce the income disparity between the lower-class and Zuckerberg?

Do you think a low tax rate is going to increase the income disparity between the lower-class and Zuckerberg?

And the answer is..... no. Neither. The tax rate could be Zero, or it could be 100%, and it would have no effect on Zuckerberg at all. Why? Because Zuckerbergs wealth is tied to his ownership of Facebook.

When the value of Facebook goes up $100 Million dollars... Zuckerbergs value goes up $100 Million dollars. Your tax policy does absolutely nothing. Do you know what Zuckerbergs yearly salary is, that is taxed at income tax rates? $1. That's not $1 million. That is one dollar and zero cents.

By the way, do you know what Warren Buffets yearly salary is? $100,000. Those top marginal rates have zero effect on him either.

Tax rates have nothing to do with income disparity. Absolutely nothing. No connection between the two at all.

The only way to reduce disparity is to have a wealth tax. That will not happen. They tried to put a wealth tax to a vote in California, and hundreds of the wealthy left the state just because they thought it would happen.

In France they actually passed a wealth tax, and thousand of the wealthy left France. They had business owners closing their business completely, driving across the boarder into Luxembourg and Belgium, and reopening the business often with the exact same people.

The exodus got so bad, that they had to repeal it or risk crashing the economy.

This is why every country that has tried to reduce disparity has ended up ruined. Venezuela has lost 1.5 Million people by now, fleeing their equality based economic policies.

A historic exodus is leaving Venezuela without teachers, doctors and electricians

Honestly we don't even have the numbers that leave, because literally everyone is leaving the equality paradise, and many are coming to the US. Apparently our oppressive disparity is so bad, that everyone wants to come here.

Income disparity is the dumbest of the dumb left-wing issues.
Tax Cuts, Sold as Fuel for Growth, Widen Gap Between Rich and Poor

In 1928, the top 1% of families received 23.9% of all pretax income, while the bottom 90% received 50.7%. But the Depression and World War II dramatically reshaped the nation’s income distribution: By 1944 the top 1%’s share was down to 11.3%, while the bottom 90% were receiving 67.5%, levels that would remain more or less constant for the next three decades. U.S. income inequality, on rise for decades, is now highest since 1928 Historical proof of the relationship between the tax rate and income disparity between rich and working class. For three decades, the working class were making the best live able wage to inflation. It took WWII for us to figure out the best economic model. Nothing like a history lesson to put things in their proper context, instead of some crook writing down on a napkin back in the seventies, a new tax policy of tax cuts going to the rich that have served no one but the rich.

Forum List

Back