CNN: Michael Cohen in talks to plead guilty to criminal charges

He reached a deal.

A longtime business partner of Michael D. Cohen, the personal lawyer of President Donald Trump, has pleaded guilty to tax evasion in a deal that allows him to dodge prison time, indicating that he is cooperating with prosecutors.

Evgeny Freidman, a taxi operator who allegedly owed some $5 million in back taxes, entered into the surprise plea deal in Albany on Tuesday.

His lawyer, Patrick Egan, said he was satisfied with the guilty plea. Freidman — the so-called Taxi King of New York who operated taxis for Cohen’s family and others — will serve five years of probation for evading $50,000 in taxes.

Egan declined to comment on whether his client was cooperating with federal prosecutors in Manhattan who are investigating Cohen’s financial dealings.

Skipping out on taxes isn't smart. Especially when you get caught.

You really thing this is just about Cohen's taxes?
He's going to tell the FBI where Trump has buried the bodies....and more.
Remember what Cohen said, dumbass:

President Trump’s Former Lawyer Says He Puts ‘Family and Country’ Before the President

When the FBI raided his house and hotel room, they got a lot more than just taxi medallion crapola.
like what?

Cohen knows all of Trumpy’s criminal activity.

If true, he is bound by attorney client privilege that can only be broken with consent from Trump. If it is broken otherwise it’s illegal and cannot be used in a court of law and any evidence obtained by it is tainted and likewise illegal

Knowledge of Illegal activity is not protected under attorney client privilege.

Some future criminal activity yes.

Past criminal activities heck no!

That would defeat the purpose of attorney client privilege

Again, "past" does not mean before today, it means before the time of the communication. The exception also applies to ONGOING criminal activity.

Twitter is not a reliable news source. This tweet sounds more like jumping the gun over today's earlier reporting that Cohen is in talks for a plea deal.
It’s reliable when the tweet is from a reporter covering this beat.

Reliable to whom? Have you fact-checked said reporter? Likely not. This is why I take Twitter with a grain of salt.

....................:link:....................
"The attorney-client privilege is one of the oldest privileges in law. Without such a privilege, clients may not feel compelled to fully and openly communicate with their attorneys. The privilege is not absolute, however, and there are certain exceptions that allow the opposing side access to communications that would normally be protected. One such exception, known as the crime-fraud exception, involves communications in furtherance of a contemplated or ongoing crime or fraud."

No Attorney-Client Privilege for You: The Crime-Fraud Exception | Section of Litigation | Section of Litigation / Trial Practice

.>>>>
So DJT was colluding to win after he won? Oh....

<<<< ----------------

Left field is that way, which is where the source of this comment.

.>>>>

Hey, Melania! You better bring Don his adult diapers. He'll be needing a new pair.

Last edited:

If true, he is bound by attorney client privilege that can only be broken with consent from Trump. If it is broken otherwise it’s illegal and cannot be used in a court of law and any evidence obtained by it is tainted and likewise illegal

Again, "past" does not mean before today, it means before the time of the communication. The exception also applies to ONGOING criminal activity.
sorry friend yesterday is in the past. just saying you got a screw missing.

Perhaps it may be time for Trump to declare war on Switzerland or Iceland......just as a diversion from hs domestic problems???

Past as defined by the moment of the communication and not by today. I just explained a possible scenario that happened in "the past" but would most certainly be exempt from attorney client privilege. Sorry that this is beyond your intelligence level.
Sorry, but it's difficult for me to think like a liberal.

Because I still have a fully functioning brain. .... :cool:

Perhaps it may be time for Trump to declare war on Switzerland or Iceland......just as a diversion from hs domestic problems???
Nah, he can just laugh at all this stuff. If Cohen had anything, Mueller wouldn't have given this case away.

Another one who is commenting on something beyond their comprehension. Look at the example I provided. Hell, my ten year old grandson could understand it. Basically your claim is that if, yesterday, a client told his attorney that he was going to kill his wife that evening, the statement would be protected by attorney client privilege because it was made yesterday. That is STUPID.

Cohen once bragged he'd 'take a bullet for Trump' .... I don't think that's the case any longer.

Past as defined by the moment of the communication and not by today. I just explained a possible scenario that happened in "the past" but would most certainly be exempt from attorney client privilege. Sorry that this is beyond your intelligence level.

winner winner chicken dinner.

He reached a deal.

A longtime business partner of Michael D. Cohen, the personal lawyer of President Donald Trump, has pleaded guilty to tax evasion in a deal that allows him to dodge prison time, indicating that he is cooperating with prosecutors.

Evgeny Freidman, a taxi operator who allegedly owed some $5 million in back taxes, entered into the surprise plea deal in Albany on Tuesday.

His lawyer, Patrick Egan, said he was satisfied with the guilty plea. Freidman — the so-called Taxi King of New York who operated taxis for Cohen’s family and others — will serve five years of probation for evading $50,000 in taxes.

Egan declined to comment on whether his client was cooperating with federal prosecutors in Manhattan who are investigating Cohen’s financial dealings.

Skipping out on taxes isn't smart. Especially when you get caught.

You really thing this is just about Cohen's taxes?
He's going to tell the FBI where Trump has buried the bodies....and more.
Remember what Cohen said, dumbass:

President Trump’s Former Lawyer Says He Puts ‘Family and Country’ Before the President

When the FBI raided his house and hotel room, they got a lot more than just taxi medallion crapola.

LMAO sure if he has something to trade for. I doubt he does. Of course you are just slavering away hoping for something.

Slaver away dimwit.

Yes you do, with an IQ that might approach one hundred on a good day. Perhaps you should stick to commenting about football and American Idol and leave the politics to those of us with a bigger functioning brain.

Another one who is commenting on something beyond their comprehension. Look at the example I provided. Hell, my ten year old grandson could understand it. Basically your claim is that if, yesterday, a client told his attorney that he was going to kill his wife that evening, the statement would be protected by attorney client privilege because it was made yesterday. That is STUPID.
are you trying to say that the lawyer has a responsibility to turn his client in in that scenario? :auiqs.jpg:

I would suggest your fully functioning brain go to WSJ, Reuters, AP, or your choice of news outlet and stop babbling like a baboon on this one.
Cohen is the link to Trump, the link that Mueller needs to implicate Trump.
And then Duh Donald WILL be the focus of the investigation.
This whole process is EXACTLY how the Genovese and Colombo crime families were busted by Comey and Mueller.

Yes you do, with an IQ that might approach one hundred on a good day. Perhaps you should stick to commenting about football and American Idol and leave the politics to those of us with a bigger functioning brain.
watch your fingers, don't want you to hurt your brain.

Forum List

Back