CNN: Michael Cohen in talks to plead guilty to criminal charges

Again, "past" does not mean before today, it means before the time of the communication. The exception also applies to ONGOING criminal activity.
sorry friend yesterday is in the past. just saying you got a screw missing.

Another one who is commenting on something beyond their comprehension. Look at the example I provided. Hell, my ten year old grandson could understand it. Basically your claim is that if, yesterday, a client told his attorney that he was going to kill his wife that evening, the statement would be protected by attorney client privilege because it was made yesterday. That is STUPID.
are you trying to say that the lawyer has a responsibility to turn his client in in that scenario? :auiqs.jpg:

Why yes, yes I am. Are you so dimwitted that you think the lawyer has an obligation to let the wife get killed? I mean I know most people think lawyers are low life scum but there are limits. The protection of a life is the most critical exception to attorney client privilege.
no one has an obligation. everyone with morals would, but obligated nope. dude, a high school girl just got away with assisting her boyfriend in killing himself. she didn't call the police. so there is absolutely no obligation for any human. come on man!

You mean this one, who was found guilty.

https://nypost.com/2017/06/16/woman...ase-found-guilty-of-involuntary-manslaughter/

From the article you posted. .... :cool:

"Communications about past crimes and frauds are almost always privileged, but communications about ongoing or future ones usually aren’t."

Past as defined by the moment of the communication and not by today. I just explained a possible scenario that happened in "the past" but would most certainly be exempt from attorney client privilege. Sorry that this is beyond your intelligence level.

Meeting with Russians to get dirt on Hillary isn't a crime.

And Cohen deals on Trump.

th

Bad day for Trump

Another of his trusted inner circle takes a deal

Time for a Twitter attack

No Collusion, No Collusion
Witch Hunt, Witch Hunt

"Communications about past crimes and frauds are almost always privileged, but communications about ongoing or future ones usually aren’t."

Past as defined by the moment of the communication and not by today. I just explained a possible scenario that happened in "the past" but would most certainly be exempt from attorney client privilege. Sorry that this is beyond your intelligence level.

If they are agents of the Russian Government and it is not reported....it is

Intent is not a crime.

Bad day for Trump

Witch Hunt, Witch Hunt

He plead to a lesser charge. What happened that was bad for Trump?

Oh they all think Cohen will implicate Trump in the Russian hack.

His deal was his own criminal deal. Nothing to do with Trump.

Of course they are all pissing up a rope.

Bad day for Trump

Witch Hunt, Witch Hunt

OK. I thought there was some actual new news that came out. Just generic Dem bitching. Sorry. Carry on.

Bad day for Trump

Witch Hunt, Witch Hunt

OK. I thought there was some actual new news that came out. Just generic Dem bitching. Sorry. Carry on.

Nah. Same old. Same old.

So if I decide to shop in the North Port, Fl Walmart, lots of Russians there, and I strike up a conversation with a stranger who speaks with an accent. I should ask the person if they are an agent of the Russian government because I have to report it?

And?? ..... :dunno:
And he is now a witness for the prosecution.
Am I missing something? The NYT says he's pled guilty, but is NOT cooperating with federal authorities.

a deal that does not include cooperation with federal authorities, two people familiar with the matter said...
The charges against Mr. Cohen were not a surprise, but he had signaled recently he might be willing to cooperate with investigators who for months have been conducting an extensive investigation of his business dealings. But any bid to negotiate a plea deal under which he would provide information to federal prosecutors in Manhattan in the hopes of a lesser sentence appears to have broken down.
Trump’s Former Fixer, Michael Cohen, Reaches a Plea Agreement Over Payments to Women

So if I decide to shop in the North Port, Fl Walmart, lots of Russians there, and I strike up a conversation with a stranger who speaks with an accent. I should ask the person if they are an agent of the Russian government because I have to report it?

So can we do that with potentially illegal aliens too? I mean businesses are actually forbidden from asking if a potential employee is a legal citizen...

Bad day for Trump

Witch Hunt, Witch Hunt
Cohen will sing like a canary. He will have his sweet revenge against Trump who he has conspired with and who treated him like trash for the past 25 years.

Hey Donald! Your rating are sure to go through the roof. Stay tuned for the next episode of the Trump Presidential Reality Show entitled, "Karma just kicked me in the gonads" or "How I only hire the best lawyers...NOT!"

Bad day for Trump

Witch Hunt, Witch Hunt
Cohen will sing like a canary. He will have his sweet revenge against Trump who he has conspired with and who treated him like trash for the past 25 years.

Hey Donald! Your rating are sure to go through the roof. Stay tuned for the next episode of the Trump Presidential Reality Show entitled, "Karma just kicked me in the gonads" or "How I only hire the best lawyers...NOT!"

Link?

Bad day for Trump

Witch Hunt, Witch Hunt

Link?

Don't hold your breath.

He reached a deal.

A longtime business partner of Michael D. Cohen, the personal lawyer of President Donald Trump, has pleaded guilty to tax evasion in a deal that allows him to dodge prison time, indicating that he is cooperating with prosecutors.

Evgeny Freidman, a taxi operator who allegedly owed some $5 million in back taxes, entered into the surprise plea deal in Albany on Tuesday.

His lawyer, Patrick Egan, said he was satisfied with the guilty plea. Freidman — the so-called Taxi King of New York who operated taxis for Cohen’s family and others — will serve five years of probation for evading $50,000 in taxes.

Egan declined to comment on whether his client was cooperating with federal prosecutors in Manhattan who are investigating Cohen’s financial dealings.

Skipping out on taxes isn't smart. Especially when you get caught.
Turbo Tax Timmie became Secretary of the Treasury by cheating on his taxes.

Cohen was retained to be Trump's personal lawyer and paid one million dollars per year for his services.

Doesn't sound like Trump treated him too shabbily. ... :cool:

Forum List

Back