CNN on Benghazi committee: Immediate headline "GOP committee finds no wrongdoing by Clinton"

You must smoke crack to think anyone would consider Donald Trump a Son of Liberty he doesn't pay taxes and still won't show his tax returns
I wouldn't show my returns either and there is no law that requires him to do so.

I can agree with you that he does not have to show his returns, but it should also disqualify him as a presidential candidate.
Why?
For the last forty years tax returns have been used to verify candidate's trustworthiness and veracity. People do not want to vote for tax cheats or liars and no candidate has tried to get out of showing their returns except Donald Trump.
That's the IRS's job,not mine not yours,its a 40 year old wedge ,and servers no good purpose, other than the shit pot stick holders something to do

Be that it may, many people will not vote for a candidate who won't release them. He is more than entitled to do what he wants at his own risk.

You must smoke crack to think anyone would consider Donald Trump a Son of Liberty he doesn't pay taxes and still won't show his tax returns
I wouldn't show my returns either and there is no law that requires him to do so.

I can agree with you that he does not have to show his returns, but it should also disqualify him as a presidential candidate.
If it's not required it doesn't disqualify him. Saying it disqualify him is the same thing as saying it's required.

Trey does not have the balls to say what he wants, because he knows he will be flattened.

You don't have the balls to admit what you are, you have this little "online" game you play as a "pretend" tough guy. The truth is "tough guy" you are as effeminate as any "man" can be.
says an angry little elephant :lol:

No, says the guy who reads you perfectly.
Crybaby3.jpg
Poor Papi, are you all snug in your basement?

Why?
For the last forty years tax returns have been used to verify candidate's trustworthiness and veracity. People do not want to vote for tax cheats or liars and no candidate has tried to get out of showing their returns except Donald Trump.
You mean like the guy we put in charge of the IRS?

From today's report. No, we did not learn anything new. Of course the same unreal stupid ignorant left wingers will say that means she is "innocent."

Here is what the report states. Again, all stuff we already knew.

• Despite President Obama and Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta’s clear orders to deploy military assets, nothing was sent to Benghazi, and nothing was en route to Libya at the time the last two Americans were killed almost 8 hours after the attacks began. [pg. 141)
  • With Ambassador Stevens missing, the White House convened a roughly two-hour meeting at 7:30 PM, which resulted in action items focused on a YouTube video, and others containing the phrases “f any deployment is made,” and “Libya must agree to any deployment,” and “[w]ill not deploy until order comes to go to either Tripoli or Benghazi.” [pg. 115]

• The Vice Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff typically would have participated in the White House meeting, but did not attend because he went home to host a dinner party for foreign dignitaries. [pg. 107]

• A Fleet Antiterrorism Security Team (FAST) sat on a plane in Rota, Spain, for three hours, and changed in and out of their uniforms four times. [pg. 154]

• None of the relevant military forces met their required deployment timelines. [pg. 15]

• Five of the 10 action items from the 7:30 PM White House meeting referenced the video, but no direct link or solid evidence existed connecting the attacks in Benghazi and the video at the time the meeting took place. The State Department senior officials at the meeting had access to eyewitness accounts to the attack in real time. The Diplomatic Security Command Center was in direct contact with the Diplomatic Security Agents on the ground in Benghazi and sent out multiple updates about the situation, including a “Terrorism Event Notification.” The State Department Watch Center had also notified Jake Sullivan and Cheryl Mills that it had set up a direct telephone line to Tripoli. There was no mention of the video from the agents on the ground. Greg Hicks—one of the last people to talk to Chris Stevens before he died—said there was virtually no discussion about the video in Libya leading up to the attacks. [pg. 28]

• The morning after the attacks, the National Security Council’s Deputy Spokesperson sent an email to nearly two dozen people from the White House, Defense Department, State Department, and intelligence community, stating: “Both the President and Secretary Clinton released statements this morning. … Please refer to those for any comments for the time being. To ensure we are all in sync on messaging for the rest of the day, Ben Rhodes will host a conference call for USG communicators on this chain at 9:15 ET today.” [pg. 39]

• Minutes before the President delivered his speech in the Rose Garden, Jake Sullivan wrote in an email to Ben Rhodes and others: “There was not really much violence in Egypt. And we are not saying that the violence in Libya erupted ‘over inflammatory videos.'” [pg. 44]

• According to Susan Rice, both Ben Rhodes and David Plouffe prepared her for her appearances on the Sunday morning talk shows following the attacks. Nobody from the FBI, Department of Defense, or CIA participated in her prep call. While Rhodes testified Plouffe would “normally” appear on the Sunday show prep calls, Rice testified she did not recall Plouffe being on prior calls and did not understand why he was on the call in this instance. [pg.98]

• On the Sunday shows, Susan Rice stated the FBI had “already begun looking at all sorts of evidence” and “FBI has a lead in this investigation.” But on Monday, the Deputy Director, Office of Maghreb Affairs sent an email stating: “McDonough apparently told the SVTS [Secure Video Teleconference] group today that everyone was required to ‘shut their pieholes’ about the Benghazi attack in light of the FBI investigation, due to start tomorrow.” [pg. 135]

• After Susan Rice’s Sunday show appearances, Jake Sullivan assured the Secretary of the State that Rice “wasn’t asked about whether we had any intel. But she did make clear our view that this started spontaneously and then evolved.” [pg. 128]

• Susan Rice’s comments on the Sunday talk shows were met with shock and disbelief by State Department employees in Washington. The Senior Libya Desk Officer, Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs, State Department, wrote: “I think Rice was off the reservation on this one.” The Deputy Director, Office of Press and Public Diplomacy, Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs, State Department, responded: “Off the reservation on five networks!” The Senior Advisor for Strategic Communications, Bureau of Near East Affairs, State Department, wrote: “WH [White House] very worried about the politics. This was all their doing.” [pg. 132]

• The CIA’s September 13, 2012, intelligence assessment was rife with errors. On the first page, there is a single mention of “the early stages of the protest” buried in one of the bullet points. The article cited to support the mention of a protest in this instance was actually from September 4. In other words, the analysts used an article from a full week before the attacks to support the premise that a protest had occurred just prior to the attack on September 11. [pg. 47]

• A headline on the following page of the CIA’s September 13 intelligence assessment stated “Extremists Capitalized on Benghazi Protests,” but nothing in the actual text box supports that title. As it turns out, the title of the text box was supposed to be “Extremists Capitalized on Cairo Protests.” That small but vital difference — from Cairo to Benghazi — had major implications in how people in the administration were able to message the attacks. [pg. 52]

• During deliberations within the State Department about whether and how to intervene in Libya in March 2011, Jake Sullivan listed the first goal as “avoid[ing] a failed state, particularly one in which al-Qaeda and other extremists might take safe haven.” [pg. 9]

• The administration’s policy of no boots on the ground shaped the type of military assistance provided to State Department personnel in Libya. The Executive Secretariats for both the Defense Department and State Department exchanged communications outlining the diplomatic capacity in which the Defense Department SST security team members would serve, which included wearing civilian clothes so as not to offend the Libyans. [pg. 60]

• When the State Department’s presence in Benghazi was extended in December 2012, senior officials from the Bureau of Diplomatic Security were excluded from the discussion. [pg. 74]

• In February 2012, the lead Diplomatic Security Agent at Embassy Tripoli informed his counterpart in Benghazi that more DS agents would not be provided by decision makers, because “substantive reporting” was not Benghazi’s purpose. [pg. 77]

• Emails indicate senior State Department officials, including Cheryl Mills, Jake Sullivan, and Huma Abedin were preparing for a trip by the Secretary of State to Libya in October 2012. According to testimony, Chris Stevens wanted to have a “deliverable” for the Secretary for her trip to Libya, and that “deliverable” would be making the Mission in Benghazi a permanent Consulate. [pg. 96]

• In August 2012 — roughly a month before the Benghazi attacks — security on the ground worsened significantly. Ambassador Stevens initially planned to travel to Benghazi in early August, but cancelled the trip “primarily for Ramadan/security reasons.” [pg. 99]

• Former Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta bluntly told the committee “an intelligence failure” occurred with respect to Benghazi. Former CIA Deputy Director Michael Morell also acknowledged multiple times an intelligence failure did in fact occur prior to the Benghazi attacks. [pg. 129]

The Most Interesting Findings From Trey Gowdy's Benghazi Committee Report

That is of course for those who have an ability to think for yourselves. Which of course means no one on the left.

Yeah, the obama administration sure were innocent.

Very impressive list, and many things have already been noted in the previous right wing led investigations that could have been done differently, but which of those points shows that Hillary was guilty of any wrong doing?
Not illegal,but totally incompetent.

The military, who didn't have the ability to get there on time received most of the blame. Are you saying our military is incompetent?

I can agree with you that he does not have to show his returns, but it should also disqualify him as a presidential candidate
Why? personal tax returns are personal for a reason. If you think anything the Clinton's hand over for scrutiny is an honest look at their state in life you're mistaken big time. I don't give a crap about his tax returns or yours or the returns of anyone else. I want the direction of this country halted before it's too late. VOTE TRUMP for real change.

If it's not required it doesn't disqualify him. Saying it disqualify him is the same thing as saying it's required.

Many voters now consider it a requirement and refusing to show returns will cost the candidate. End of story.

Considering she immediately told her daughter and Egyptian Pm it was an attack-not a video, well you decide, along with this and much more-
A senior watch officer at the DSCC described the events as “a full on attack against our compound.”38 The same individual also said there was “zip, nothing nada” when asked if there was any rioting in Benghazi reported prior to the attack.39 At 6:34 p.m. on September 11, 2012, the DSCC sent a “terrorism event information” to the Office of the Secretary.40 The update noted that “host nation militia forces have responded to the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi” and “were engaged with the attackers.”41 Lamb testified information received by the DSCC—directly from all of the agents on the ground—was relayed to Kennedy.42 None of the Diplomatic Security agents on the ground reported anything about a protest in Benghazi. None of the Diplomatic Security agents on the ground reported anything about a video. Kennedy testified that he passed on information from the DSCC directly to Secretary of State Hillary R. Clinton: I stayed in my office, except for the SVTC [Secure Video Teleconference] the chairman referred to, monitoring my telephone, monitoring my emails, and making telephone calls or coordinating activities as were required.… I went up several times to brief the Secretary on the latest information that I was receiving from Diplomatic Security, which was receiving it from the ground.43

Yet the two year old Benghazi committee had nothing new to add after spending $7 million dollars. You should be shocked, dismayed and outraged.

$7 million doing the job they are elected to do. A mere pittance compared to the $500 million Obama gave to bankrupt Solyndra.

The only difference is that the government was able to recoup all of the $536 million dollar loan to Solyndra - not so much in the case of Gowdy's clown court.

How did it "recoup" the money from this loan?

Do you ever tire of always being a day late and a dollar short?

I posted that yesterday, moron.

I can agree with you that he does not have to show his returns, but it should also disqualify him as a presidential candidate
Why? personal tax returns are personal for a reason. If you think anything the Clinton's hand over for scrutiny is an honest look at their state in life you're mistaken big time. I don't give a crap about his tax returns or yours or the returns of anyone else. I want the direction of this country halted before it's too late. VOTE TRUMP for real change.
Apparently a lot of people care about it and Donald s going to find himself between a rock and a hard place when he doesn't. The Clinton's have released every year since 1977 and aren't afraid of questions about their finances. Even Mitt Romney chastised Trump and said he should show his returns. The choice is Donald Trump's if it costs him votes or endorsements it's on him and he has no one to blame but himself.

Many voters now consider it a requirement and refusing to show returns will cost the candidate. End of story.
You're speaking with fork tongue saying it's not required and making it required in the same sentence.

Wow. The bias is so pathetic it's sickening. The Benghazi committee press conference was finishing and the theme was "read the report". Trey Gowdy, when asked if Clinton was at fault, implied she was but rather answered "just read the report".

When he walked off stage...CNN IMMEDIATELY ran the headline "GOP led committee finds no wrongdoing by Hillary".

God damn....CNN must have a staff of alien speed readers!!!! They read the report, 800 pages long, in less than 2 seconds!!!!!

If no new evidence was uncovered, why would the conclusion be any different from those of the 712 previous Benghazi committees ?

Bucky is just venting his frustrations................. Poor guy he is not even aware that Fox News said the same thing not just CNN. Nada against Hillary.

They have Hillary admitting guilt. You turds are scrambling furiously to deflect the blame. Everyone can see that.

Seriously? Annne Stevens sister of ambassador Steven don't blame Hillary but blame the republicans. Stop deflecting.

You're speaking with fork tongue saying it's not required and making it required in the same sentence.

No, I actually made myself perfectly clear. Trump has no obligation to show his returns, by not showing them he does take a chance of losing voters who have come to expect them. That's easy enough to understand right? I like to see where my candidate's interests are and who they may be beholden to, to see if they support policies contrary to what they tell the voter, that is important.

You don't give a crap about trump tax returns? That's your call but voters like to know if your cult leader earned his money the legal way or fraud. Maybe he is more crooked than Hillary. Definitely he is hiding something.
This will come up again and again during the election.

Yet the two year old Benghazi committee had nothing new to add after spending $7 million dollars. You should be shocked, dismayed and outraged.

$7 million doing the job they are elected to do. A mere pittance compared to the $500 million Obama gave to bankrupt Solyndra.

The only difference is that the government was able to recoup all of the $536 million dollar loan to Solyndra - not so much in the case of Gowdy's clown court.

Bripat calling someone "moron"?

Are dogs and cats cohabiting?

Wow. The bias is so pathetic it's sickening. The Benghazi committee press conference was finishing and the theme was "read the report". Trey Gowdy, when asked if Clinton was at fault, implied she was but rather answered "just read the report".

When he walked off stage...CNN IMMEDIATELY ran the headline "GOP led committee finds no wrongdoing by Hillary".

God damn....CNN must have a staff of alien speed readers!!!! They read the report, 800 pages long, in less than 2 seconds!!!!!

If no new evidence was uncovered, why would the conclusion be any different from those of the 712 previous Benghazi committees ?

Bucky is just venting his frustrations................. Poor guy he is not even aware that Fox News said the same thing not just CNN. Nada against Hillary.

They have Hillary admitting guilt. You turds are scrambling furiously to deflect the blame. Everyone can see that.

Seriously? Annne Stevens sister of ambassador Steven don't blame Hillary but blame the republicans. Stop deflecting.

It's true, Christopher Steven's sister who is speaking for the entire family stated this:

"The sister of the U.S. ambassador to Libya killed in Benghazi said she doesn’t blame Hillary Clinton for Chris Stevens’ death, instead pointing to Congress for under-budgeting the State Department.

“I do not blame Hillary Clinton or Leon Panetta (for Stevens’ death). They were balancing security efforts at embassies and missions around the world,” Dr. Anne Stevens, who has acted as a spokesperson for the family, said in an interview with the New Yorker published Tuesday.

“But what was the underlying cause? Perhaps if Congress had provided a budget to increase security for all missions around the world, then some of the requests for more security in Libya would have been granted. Certainly the State Department is underbudgeted,” she added. “I would love to hear they are drastically increasing the budget.”

Stevens also said that “it doesn’t look like there’s anything new” in the Benghazi reports released by House Republicans and Democrats earlier this week after two years spent investigating the 2012 attacks, and she expressed frustration with the politicization of the tragedy that killed her brother.

“Yes! Definitely politicized,” Stevens said. “Every report I read that mentions him specifically has a political bent, and accusatory bent.”

Stevens said that her brother fully understood the risks of his mission in Benghazi but thought it was too important for the U.S. to have a presence in Libya for him to not be there, emphasizing that it was “something he took on himself.”

She said Stevens also had a high opinion of then-secretary of state Clinton, saying “I know he had a lot of respect for Secretary Clinton. He admired her ability to intensely read the issues and understand the whole picture.”

Asked if she thought it was fair to make Benghazi an issue in the 2016 presidential election, Stevens said “to use Chris’s death as a political point — is not appropriate.”
Chris Stevens’ family: Don’t blame Clinton for Benghazi

benghazifund.jpg

8 Investigations and millions of taxpayer dollars, for a Republican dog and pony show and to use this tragedy to fill their campaign coffers. That's what all this was about and nothing more.

Last edited:

Perfect example.
Do you have a dollar by chance?

Again, if you're such an expert on U.S. Embassy attacks why not take it upon yourself to figure out how 240 U.S. Marines could have been saved in Lebanon under the Reagan administration.
Let's talk about the utter incompetence and dereliction of responsibility of Ronald Reagan.

The 1983 United States embassy bombing in Beirut happened only a few months prior to the Marine barracks bombing, killing 63 people.

Yet doddering figurehead Reagan did nothing to beef up security at other U.S. facilities.

1983 United States embassy bombing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That's what $7 million got us. Any Marine or Navy officer could have told you that for free.
And they did!

I've spent time at both Rota and Sigonella - both are extremely relaxed bases. Rota is very far away from Benghazi. The only chance in hell would be Iraklion AB, in Crete.

Last edited:
Quit your lies.
The following facts are among the many new revelations in Part I:

Despite President Obama and Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta’s clear orders to deploy military assets, nothing was sent to Benghazi, and nothing was en route to Libya at the time the last two Americans were killed almost 8 hours after the attacks began. [pg. 141]With Ambassador Stevens missing, the White House convened a roughly two-hour meeting at 7:30 PM, which resulted in action items focused on a YouTube video, and others containing the phrases “f any deployment is made,” and “Libya must agree to any deployment,” and “[w]ill not deploy until order comes to go to either Tripoli or Benghazi.” [pg. 115]The Vice Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff typically would have participated in the White House meeting, but did not attend because he went home to host a dinner party for foreign dignitaries. [pg. 107]A Fleet Antiterrorism Security Team (FAST) sat on a plane in Rota, Spain, for three hours, and changed in and out of their uniforms four times. [pg. 154]None of the relevant military forces met their required deployment timelines. [pg. 150]The Libyan forces that evacuated Americans from the CIA Annex to the Benghazi airport was not affiliated with any of the militias the CIA or State Department had developed a relationship with during the prior 18 months. Instead, it was comprised of former Qadhafi loyalists who the U.S. had helped remove from power during the Libyan revolution. [pg. 144]

And they came up with nothing new to add. Is that shameful or just stupidity?
That isn't new and was covered in many other reports. The airbase in Italy was too far and they had a refueling problem they could not respond for lack of logistical support.

They had a QRT twenty minutes away. They just never got the order to go.
Link?

Couldn't find the link but found this one. Rescue was on the way but was turned back.

Its up to you to believe it. Or not.
Report: U.S. Rescue Team Was on its Way to Benghazi, But Was Turned Back
That's been proven a lie.

Forum List

Back