🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

CNN on lion attack: What happened? What went wrong?

This wasn't a natural lion habitat, it was a park. And the lions were clearly neglected and underfed because satiated lions don't attack people in vehicles. This should never have happened and heaping scorn on the victim is just low class.

Yes it was tragic.
She was not supposed to have the window open. She broke the rules, she died.
Maybe you should die the next time you sneak food into a movie theater.
I do not eat in movie theaters, and if I snuck food in, it would not be something serious enough to kill me. Try again.
Why not? As long as we're setting arbitrary standards to celebrate people getting killed, your opinion is no more valid than mine. When you get killed bringing food into a movie theater, maybe the whole town can get together and throw a party where everyone agrees how much you deserved it.

The jury deliberated for 14 hours before deciding the Boston marathon bomber deserved to die. You people fling out judgment and death like you're discussing fashion trends.

You make a logic mistake.

Double parking doesn't carry a reasonable expectation of danger. Still wrong...but not as stupid. Just being rude.

Trying to mingle amongst wild killer animals...and being shocked when they kill...is dumb.
And an innocent lion will be killed because of a dumbass.

No justice here at all.

The park has already said that the lion would not be put down. After all the woman's death wasn't the lion's fault.

#1 Keep your windows closed when driving next to a lion. #2 Keep the car running and your foot on the gas peddle in case the lion tries to break into your window.

The park has already said that the lion would not be put down. After all the woman's death wasn't the lion's fault.
That decision will have to be revised. The lion will be killed for the same reason a dog who's gone after chickens has to be killed. There's no unringing of that bell. They would be set up for some massive liability to keep a lion around that's shown a propensity to kill people.

And yes, it was the lion's fault. Most lions don't go after people in their vehicles. It needs to be shot and it will.

In your mind the lion will be shot. In reality the lion will go on doing lion things. There is no liability because every entrance ticket has a waiver of liability printed on the back. The woman in an african animal preserve is in the same position the kid in Los Angeles was in when he climbed into the Tiger pit and became a snack.

It's called assumption of the risk. You might want to brush up on that.

Amazing they have to tell people to keep their windows rolled up.

They asked the lion afterwards what he thought of humans:

'They're grrrrrrreat !'
...and crunchy too.
We should start feeding them Muslims.
I find it quite amusing when idiots presume that I'm a Muslim.

Aren't you?
No. I'm athiest.

Look at my avatar.

Amazing they have to tell people to keep their windows rolled up.

They asked the lion afterwards what he thought of humans:

'They're grrrrrrreat !'
...and crunchy too.
We should start feeding them Muslims.
I find it quite amusing when idiots presume that I'm a Muslim.

Aren't you?
No. I'm athiest.

Look at my avatar.
OIC

[...]NOTHING "went wrong". Lions are massive deadly hunters. Humans...are physically weak and fragile relative to the rest of nature. When we go into a lions world.....the motherfucker might decide you are lunch. Its pretty much the lions decision.

The CNN host said "I went on a safari and the lions were gentle. They used our car as shade from the sun." She was so shocked that a lion attacked someone.
You can't put an end to human stupidity, and to idiots that break the rules meant to keep them safe:
Opening windows is a big no-no at Lion Park.

"That's absolutely forbidden at our park," said Scott Simpson, assistant operations manager at Lion Park. "There are numerous signs, and we hand out slips of paper to all guests warning them to keep their windows closed."

The source close to the investigation, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, said the notice warning guests to keep their windows closed was found on the passenger side seat of the vehicle.
American woman killed by lion was kind adventurous - CNN.com
It is sad that people are killed, but this is the equivalent of someone leaving off their seat belt, driving fast, and expecting to not be thrown out the window if they hit another car. That lion didn't like being interrupted or was just quite hungry.

Forum List

Back