CNN to White House: "How many dead veterans do you need?"

it's a lot worse now and this is big govt....woooohooooooo I love the responsiveness and compassion you get from it!

The issues was this line On December 7, 2008, then-President-elect Barack Obama announced at a press conference in Chicago that he would nominate Shinseki to become the Secretary of Veterans Affairs.[18] He was unanimously confirmed by the United States Senate on January 20, 2009, and sworn in the next day

they didn't know how bad it was and thought it should be tested

But lets look at today

VA clinic employee on leave after e-mail about appointments - CNN.com

That's incorrect.

Since 2009, the overall budget, including mandated programs and discretionary spending, has risen from about $100 billion in 2009 to $140 billion this year, an increase of about 40 percent. The VA's discretionary spending this year is roughly $61 billion.
Veterans Budget Gets $63 Billion Boost From Obama White House

And he appointed the highly qualified Eric Shinseki who's shakeup of the backlog might have led to some people fudging records to remain on the job.

Personally I am glad this is coming to light. Some real common sense changes would probably help get veterans who need medical aid, help.

One great idea I heard floated was a "medical" credit card so vets could go to private doctors if the VA had none available.

And maybe the next time a vote for funding the VA further comes around, McConnell won't hold it up.

Veterans' benefits bill blocked in Senate - CBS News

Let's see.. Obama's been president for 5+ years and he takes credit for nothing.. other than getting UBL...

That's incorrect.

Since 2009, the overall budget, including mandated programs and discretionary spending, has risen from about $100 billion in 2009 to $140 billion this year, an increase of about 40 percent. The VA's discretionary spending this year is roughly $61 billion.

And he appointed the highly qualified Eric Shinseki who's shakeup of the backlog might have led to some people fudging records to remain on the job.

Personally I am glad this is coming to light. Some real common sense changes would probably help get veterans who need medical aid, help.

One great idea I heard floated was a "medical" credit card so vets could go to private doctors if the VA had none available.

And maybe the next time a vote for funding the VA further comes around, McConnell won't hold it up.

So medical records were falsified and altered after the fact because of the VA's budget woes?

Wow.

Let's see.. Obama's been president for 5+ years and he takes credit for nothing.. other than getting UBL...

It's true. he flew the choppers, lashed the steering wheel, fast roped in using only his belt, kicked in the door, shot OBL in the face, has some pithy post-kill quip, climbed the bet back to the chopper, flew back to DC in time to give the press conference, and did it all before breakfast.

wash times? lol

where were all of you when the VA imploded while baby bush was president?

and please, tell us how you run systems when the wingers cut funds?

BFS Jillian, the VA's budget has been increasing, 41% since 2009 and they want it to go to 140 billion this year.
LOL Liberal hags just making up shit.

no psycho boy. perhaps you should get with the fact-based reality instead of your little wingnut fantasy world.

loon

but perhaps this will refresh your recollection.

Committee subpoenas former Walter Reed chief | Army Times | armytimes.com

From Obama's transition Website Change.org...2008.

The Obama-Biden Plan

As a member of the Senate Committee on Veterans’ Affairs, Barack Obama has fought to end benefit disparities, bring homeless veterans in off the street, strengthen mental health care, add billions of dollars in additional Department of Veterans Affairs funding, and reform a system that often places barriers between veterans and the benefits they have earned. Obama and Joe Biden will ensure we honor the sacred trust to care for our nation’s veterans.
More at the site...Veterans | Change.gov: The Obama-Biden Transition Team

Better screen capture it before it disappears.

Last edited:

wash times? lol

where were all of you when the VA imploded while baby bush was president?

and please, tell us how you run systems when the wingers cut funds?

Stop trying to make this partisan, you know that mst of the people who have a problem with the way the VA works are quite willing to dump on Bush for what happened under his watch, yet you are attempting to use something that is, arguably, worse to defend Obama.

Bush raised the VA budget 80%... however he did propose to cut VA funding in 07 to help balance his budget ... those cuts would have left the VA in the BLACK until 2012 .. give/ take

just saying

What the fuck?

Since it is obvious that you are a brain dead moron, I will simply point out that the entire concept of the VA budget being in the black exist only inside your demented excuse for a mind.

That's incorrect.

Let me get this straight, Shimeski instituted a system that encouraged people to cheat by rewarding numbers that looked good over actual care for the vets, kinda of the way NHS works in the UK, and you think this proves that the government is doing a great job.

Gotta admit, I doubt you would be singing that song if Romney had won the election.

I don't give a shit as he's no longer in charge. The real question is how come Obama has done nothing about it in all this time after being told.

Well, I am curious why you folks weren't jumping all over Bush's shit for it, but are jumping all over Obama's shit for it.

These crocodile tears of yours aren't fooling anyone. Stop using us veterans as political poker chips. It's disgusting.

So how come Bush had done nothing about this?

I don't give a shit as he's no longer in charge. The real question is how come Obama has done nothing about it in all this time after being told.

Well, I am curious why you folks weren't jumping all over Bush's shit for it, but are jumping all over Obama's shit for it.

These crocodile tears of yours aren't fooling anyone. Stop using us veterans as political poker chips. It's disgusting.

You're barking up the wrong tree. I was never a Bush supporter. But still, it's water under the bridge. What he did or didn't do is immaterial as he is a retired private citizen. Obama is sitting behind the chair now and it's his show. Again, the real question is what is he going to do and why hasn't he done anything since he has been aware since 2008. You can yell Boooosh all you want, but it doesn't matter.

Kinda hard to jump Bush's shit considering these people died on Obama's watch. If Shinseki had any decency, he'd resign... but it's the same guy who criticized Bush.. while still in uniform... that darling of the moonbat left.

You're barking up the wrong tree. I was never a Bush supporter. But still, it's water under the bridge. What he did or didn't do is immaterial as he is a retired private citizen. Obama is sitting behind the chair now and it's his show. Again, the real question is what is he going to do and why hasn't he done anything since he has been aware since 2008. You can yell Boooosh all you want, but it doesn't matter.

Careful, you'll confuse him. Everything is Bush's fault.... Obama is a completely out-of-touch, detached fuckup.. but no matter, it's all Bush's fault.

Forum List

Back