CNN: Trump doesn't know what Juneteenth is.

Hey found it..Now I know why they want to make this week a HOLIDAY for the communists and marxists in america. It's XI birthday june 15.

Actually it was Trump that campaigned on making Juneteenth a national holiday....
Why didnt he make it happen in his term? I know why. It was just more bullshit trying to get Black people to vote for him.
You wouldn't know it if he had...you are a mental midget that functions on liberal dogma only...the truth escapes you always....

Melania and I send our best wishes to those celebrating Juneteenth.

On this day in 1865, Major General Gordon Granger of the Union Army arrived in Galveston, Texas, to declare the end of the Civil War and issue a long-awaited order freeing the remaining slaves in Texas. Although President Abraham Lincoln had issued the Emancipation Proclamation more than two years earlier, the freedom of most slaves depended on the advancement of the Union Army, which brought with it enforcement of the Proclamation. In Texas, General Granger’s order was a major step in our Nation’s effort to abolish slavery forever.
This historic moment would not have been possible without the courage and sacrifice of the nearly 200,000 former enslaved and free African Americans who fought for liberty alongside more than 2 million Union servicemen. These brave individuals fought to defend the God-given rights of those unjustly held in bondage.

As a Nation, we vow to never forget the millions of African Americans who suffered the evils of slavery. Together, we honor the unbreakable spirit and countless contributions of generations of African Americans to the story of American greatness. Today and every day, we recommit ourselves to defending the self-evident truth, boldly declared by our Founding Fathers, that all people are created equal.

Actually it was Trump that campaigned on making Juneteenth a national holiday....
Why didnt he make it happen in his term? I know why. It was just more bullshit trying to get Black people to vote for him.
You wouldn't know it if he had...you are a mental midget that functions on liberal dogma only...the truth escapes you always....

Melania and I send our best wishes to those celebrating Juneteenth.

On this day in 1865, Major General Gordon Granger of the Union Army arrived in Galveston, Texas, to declare the end of the Civil War and issue a long-awaited order freeing the remaining slaves in Texas. Although President Abraham Lincoln had issued the Emancipation Proclamation more than two years earlier, the freedom of most slaves depended on the advancement of the Union Army, which brought with it enforcement of the Proclamation. In Texas, General Granger’s order was a major step in our Nation’s effort to abolish slavery forever.
This historic moment would not have been possible without the courage and sacrifice of the nearly 200,000 former enslaved and free African Americans who fought for liberty alongside more than 2 million Union servicemen. These brave individuals fought to defend the God-given rights of those unjustly held in bondage.

As a Nation, we vow to never forget the millions of African Americans who suffered the evils of slavery. Together, we honor the unbreakable spirit and countless contributions of generations of African Americans to the story of American greatness. Today and every day, we recommit ourselves to defending the self-evident truth, boldly declared by our Founding Fathers, that all people are created equal.
So youre saying if Drumpf had gotten it passed I wouldnt have known? How did I know it got passed this year? Dont get me wrong. Its just a token but thats far more than what Drumpf did.

I was going to post a comment and I started typing "CNN" and the spell check flagged it and wanted to replace it with "Josef Goebbels". Weird.

More KGB-style crude defamatory anti-USA propaganda from CNN.

Obviously Trump knows exactly what Juneteenth is.

Statement on the Observance of Juneteenth

June 19, 2017

Melania and I send our warmest greetings to all those celebrating Juneteenth, a historic day recognizing the end of slavery.

Though President Lincoln issued the Emancipation Proclamation in 1863, news traveled slowly from Washington, D.C., to the southern states. More than two years later, on June 19, 1865, Major General Gordon Granger stood on the Ashton Villa balcony in Galveston, Texas, to deliver the belated message of the then-deceased President: all slaves were free.

Granger's astonishing words inspired soulful festivities and emotional rejoicing. Over the years, as freedmen and freedwomen left Texas, they took Juneteenth and its meaning with them. Today, we celebrate this historic moment in 1865, as we remember our Nation's fundamental premise that all men and women are created equal.

On Juneteenth 2017, we honor the countless contributions made by African Americans to our Nation and pledge to support America's promise as the land of the free.

DONALD J. TRUMP

The White House,

June 19, 2017.

lemon fag 2.jpg

Forum List

Back