CO2 Reduction Targets

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
We're all well aware that a 400PPM CO2 content is having a horrific effect on planet Earth including: raising temperatures from 2 to 8 degrees (whichever comes first) dropping the ocean pH to gastric juice levels, heating the deep Pacific Ocean and triggering a massive die off of all life on Earth on par with an impact from a meteor the size of Jupiter.

We know the only solution is to reduce our carbon footprint (don't laugh).

My question is, what are the reduction goals?

At what level of CO2 will Global Warming (aka Climate Change, Climate Disruption, Global Cooling) stop? Is it a 10PPM reduction? 20?

What happens if we reduce it too much and trigger an ice age.

What do the studies say (Stop laughing), what are the reduction goals?

Really?

You people spewing AGW AKBAR! have no idea what the reduction targets are or why?

Do you feel like you're being played for suckers?

I am doing my part to reduce CO2 by holding my breath a few times a day... always at the same time ....when I bear down hard on my bowels while sitting on the throne.........the splash sound lets me know that my work is done. The flush sound reminds me of the whole CAGW Movement....

Only then do I expell the pollutant CO2 from my lungs. How could God/Gaia do this to us? Make us little C02 factories? Didn't God/Gaia know that CO2 is a pollutant?

Zander, when SSDD chose to accuse me and other folks on my side of this argument of wishing death on our opponents, I made a collection of posts in which people did just that. To a man, they were deniers. And more than one of those posts came from you.

Zander, when SSDD chose to accuse me and other folks on my side of this argument of wishing death on our opponents, I made a collection of posts in which people did just that. To a man, they were deniers. And more than one of those posts came from you.

:eusa_boohoo:

I've got the AC cranked to 68F today. BRRRRR!!

I am going for a long drive tomorrow....in an SUV!!!!

Here is how I'd approach it.
-100 gw of new 4th generation nuclear by 2025
-100 more gw of wind power by 2020
-300 gw of new solar
-Mandate at least 1kw of solar on every new roof in the country.
-20gw of geothermal
-50gw of wave and tidal

The rest could still be fossil fuels.

-300 gw of new solar
-20gw of geothermal
-50gw of wave and tidal

Meh.

Would you be happier if it was 250gw of 4th generation nuclear?

-300 gw of new solar
-20gw of geothermal
-50gw of wave and tidal

Meh.

I'd be happier if you dealt better with reality...

Attachments

• $elec.png
    $elec.png
    24.7 KB · Views: 52

I'd be happier if you dealt better with reality...

The reality is we have to fight wars to secure this fossil fuels. Why not set up a system here that doesn't need a line of workers to run from the ground to the energy plant.

We're going to invade Canada, Saudi Arabia, Mexico, and Venezuela?! :eek:

Note the change over time of crude imports from Iraq.
BTW I don't see Afghanistan on the list. Do you?

U.S. Total Crude Oil and Products Imports

Like I said... deal with reality. :slap:

Funny how deniers reject the temperature projections of climate scientists out of hand, but the out-of-date, pro-fossil-fuel energy source predictions are absolute gospel from which reality is verboten to deviate.

Last edited:
Funny how deniers reject the temperature projections of climate scientists out of hand, but the out-of-date, pro-fossil-fuel energy source predictions are absolute gospel from which reality is verboten to deviate.

So other than spreading your AGW scriptures, maybe you could post some actual science to back up your religion.

How about the datasets with source code that proves your religious beliefs.

A 20ppm reduction in CO2 will lower temperature by:

A. 2 degrees

B. 6 degrees

C. 14 degrees

D. .00000001 degrees

E. No idea

F. DENIER!!! AGW AKBAR!!!

So other than spreading your AGW scriptures, maybe you could post some actual science to back up your religion.

How about the datasets with source code that proves your religious beliefs.

Perhaps this is what you are looking for.

EdGCM - Model II

I gotta wonder how that's gonna help you.

Forum List

Back